Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A new instalment for a classic realms novel?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tarrok of Halruaa Posted - 13 Feb 2011 : 17:40:55
What "classic" realms novel would you like to see have a new instalment? By classic I mean a novel published last millennium!

My choice would be a sequel to Shadow Stone by Rich Baker. It would be great to find out whether Aeron survived the Spellplague...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 11 Mar 2011 : 15:28:49
Thanks for the kind words, folks. I hope you'll enjoy THE SERPENT'S DAUGHTER, and after that... Well, let's see how folks respond to Azariah's tale, and go from there.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 11 Mar 2011 : 15:27:02
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I would like to see some survivors of Halruaa.

As would I.
Zimme Posted - 08 Mar 2011 : 14:32:06
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Personally, I'd like to see a new book about Liriel Baenre. I really want to know what has become of her.

I wholeheartedly second this motion, Elaine cunningham being one of my favorite writers. Her characters are really memorable.
GMWestermeyer Posted - 01 Mar 2011 : 00:34:48
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Thank you James for your reply! I was more refering to the time jump which makes it dificult for a human 3e character to make it into a 4e setting. Actually already quite a lot of 3e chars have turned up again in 4e novels, but mostly no humans unless converted into undead or shades.

Right. But there's nothing--well, apart from WotC editorial policy--to say that a novel could not be set back before the time jump. A rigid policy that says all books have to be set at the same time and in the present is a pretty serious limitation on what the authors can explore.

And thanks for the kind words about my work!

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Count me in on a fan of your work. Especially Crusade!

As for new instalments, definitely Elaine Cunningham's work's. An update of Evermeet as well as Danilo and Arilyn.

And yeah, the 4e only policy is just plain dumb. If they want more of my coin they need to start giving me what i want, which is more stories from the pre-1375 period.
JamesLowder Posted - 22 Feb 2011 : 02:37:12
quote:

Thank you James for your reply! I was more refering to the time jump which makes it dificult for a human 3e character to make it into a 4e setting. Actually already quite a lot of 3e chars have turned up again in 4e novels, but mostly no humans unless converted into undead or shades.

Right. But there's nothing--well, apart from WotC editorial policy--to say that a novel could not be set back before the time jump. A rigid policy that says all books have to be set at the same time and in the present is a pretty serious limitation on what the authors can explore.

And thanks for the kind words about my work!

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
skychrome Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 23:48:16

Taking advantage of you reading here: I loved Prince of Lies and it would be truly great to have you writing in the realms again!
JamesLowder Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 02:07:57
quote:
(unlikely because human from 3e)

It's certainly possible for WotC to declare that the fiction can deal with content set before the shift to 4E. Doing so just takes the same sort of editorial fiat they used to declare all the fiction had to be set in the 4E era.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
skychrome Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 23:40:52
The news about a new Jack Ravenwild novel is the best thing I have heared in a long time, this is absolutely awesome! One of my top 3 realms novels gets a sequel! WoTC and Rich, I could kiss your hairy halfling feet!

Back to the topic, I would like to see:

1) More Jack Ravenwild (seems this comes true)
2) More from Magadon and Riven as well as Rivalen and Brennus (seems to come partially true in 2012)
3) More from Aeron sar Randal from The Black Bouquet (unlikely because human from 3e)
4) Aerilyn and Danilo
5) Tsigone and Matteo
6) Anything that had to do with Alias
7) and last but not least I'd love more stuff with Malik like in Crucible.

Dennis Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 08:04:45

I would like to see some survivors of Halruaa.
The Red Walker Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 19:35:13
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade
I will second that notion Brian. I was always a fan of his realms fiction.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Seems rather unlikely that I'll be doing any new Realms fiction any time soon. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility. I'd be interested in writing more about Artus; I'd pitched an Artus trilogy at one point, a few years back. But schedules, the way the WotC/Hasbro fiction contract has changed over the years, and some other "inside baseball" sorts of issues all mean it's not going to happen any time soon, if at all.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Darn!

Thanks for letting us know what's what.
Bakra Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 18:35:00
quote:

quote:

Seems rather unlikely that I'll be doing any new Realms fiction any time soon. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility. I'd be interested in writing more about Artus; I'd pitched an Artus trilogy at one point, a few years back. But schedules, the way the WotC/Hasbro fiction contract has changed over the years, and some other "inside baseball" sorts of issues all mean it's not going to happen any time soon, if at all.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

JamesLowder Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 18:26:11
quote:

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
swifty Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 10:40:42
oh my god.a new jack ravenwild novel.first the rock comes back to monday night raw now this.amazing news.
Zireael Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 08:33:03
quote:
I also want the Zaknafien/Jarlaxle book...or a book about Cadderly's children.

Seconded. And I second RECLAMATION too!
jornan Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 05:21:57
The news of a new Jack Ravenwild novel is awesome.

Serpents Daughter, Godborn back on, Richard Lee Byer's awesomeness, Neverwinter Trilogy, and now this. Maybe we will see Reclaimation afterall. Maybe WOTC are making some good deceisions after some bad.

It has been a number of years, but wasn't Jack a Shadow mage...so maybe he was infused with something that prolonged his long. Quite frankly, he could have found a potion or gained a spellscar like everyone else...I don't care. Jack is back!

On another note, perhaps the shifting of the planes due to the spellplague messed with the plane of Dread and Jander Sunstar could make a return to the realms.
The Red Walker Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 01:34:30
Very cool, Rich's wotc blog ...check the jan 25th entry:

http://community.wizards.com/wotc_richbaker/blog/

This is very good news......if you put me into a corner, I would have to rank jack a top 5 FR novel character. If it happens......great move by wotc.(man have I wanted to be able to say something like that for a loooonnngnnggg time!)
The Red Walker Posted - 16 Feb 2011 : 01:28:36
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:
Originally posted by jornan

RECLAIMATION! Hands down, this is the book I want.

A sequel to City of Ravens would likewise make me overjoyed.

You are going to like this quote from Jan 25th by Richard Baker:

"It’s been a busy start to the year already! I’m now engaged in writing the first draft of a new Jack Ravenwild novel, and I’m trying to reestablish the work habits that let me find a few thousand words a week in my evenings and weekends. So far, so good: I just finished Chapter 2 last night."

That would be awesome..........*puts on detective hat, grabs pipe and slips silently away*
Bakra Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 19:03:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

"It’s been a busy start to the year already! I’m now engaged in writing the first draft of a new Jack Ravenwild novel, and I’m trying to reestablish the work habits that let me find a few thousand words a week in my evenings and weekends. So far, so good: I just finished Chapter 2 last night."

Really? Jack Ravenwild was a 3E character... Is this novel being set in the 1370s, or has Jack somehow survived to the 4E Realms?

Sorry Wooly, this is the only information available at the moment.

Maybe Gomez or Erik could dig up some more information for us.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 18:09:14
quote:

quote:

Really? Jack Ravenwild was a 3E character... Is this novel being set in the 1370s, or has Jack somehow survived to the 4E Realms?
Bakra Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 16:18:18
quote:

Elfinblade Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 07:10:28
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Hey Brian! You got some 'splainin to do
Alas, that's one lore conundrum that may never have an official explanation. Just know that there is method to my madness and that I am an uber Artus Cimber fan.

So to answer the OP's question, please add me to the list of fans that who would love to see any new Realms fiction at all penned by James Lowder.

Brian R. James Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 06:37:48
quote:

Hey Brian! You got some 'splainin to do
Alas, that's one lore conundrum that may never have an official explanation. Just know that there is method to my madness and that I am an uber Artus Cimber fan.

So to answer the OP's question, please add me to the list of fans that who would love to see any new Realms fiction at all penned by James Lowder.
Dennis Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 05:18:43

I want to see what became of Lauzoril's daughter after the events in The Simbul's Gift. Did she grow to be a Red Wizard? Perhaps Lauzoril's 'backup' or 'waiting replacement' in the event of his death/murder?
The Sage Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 04:24:23
quote:

Must've turned to the Dark Side. They have cookies, y'know....

Maybe the Brothers' James are like the Qel-Droma brothers. Brian can be Ulic.
Tyrant Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 04:18:00
As a relative newcomer, most of my reading has been post-2000 books. Of the classics that I have read I would like to see some kind of follow up to the Shandril trilogy to see what happens to Narm and to elaborate on Shandril's fate. Maybe a novel (pre Transitions) following the Sea Sprite, or perhaps detailing the early days of Robillard while he was still with the Hosttower in Luskan.
jornan Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 03:58:42

I also want the Zaknafien/Jarlaxle book...or a book about Cadderly's children.

Paul Kemp could write more about Shade enclave and I wouldn't be too disapointed either.

A follow-up to Silverfall post spellplague (and if any of the seven sisters dead then a story about their demise)

I would also really enjoy another book along the lines of Prince of Lies/Cruicble/Avatar Trilogy. Get a sense of the politics of the heavens now.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 03:33:18
quote:

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 03:13:53
The Red Walker Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 02:46:50
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Ring of Winter....love to read more Artus Cimber tales.....did I read somewhere he is now an exarch of Auril???

'Twas "Hall of the Frostmaiden," by Brian James, from DRAGON #367. Inside, we're told that both Iyraclea and Artus Cimber are Exarchs of Auril.

Hey Brian!

You got some 'splainin to do
The Sage Posted - 15 Feb 2011 : 00:24:30
quote:

Ring of Winter....love to read more Artus Cimber tales.....did I read somewhere he is now an exarch of Auril???

'Twas "Hall of the Frostmaiden," by Brian James, from DRAGON #367. Inside, we're told that both Iyraclea and Artus Cimber are Exarchs of Auril.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000