Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shameless self-promotion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 02 Nov 2010 : 19:38:16
Whisper of Venom, the sequel to The Captive Flame, and the Year of Rogue Dragons omnibus edition both hit stores today.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 26 Dec 2010 : 05:13:44
Hi, LK. It's great to hear you liked the story. Right now, I'm working hard to finish a Forgotten Realms novel by deadline, and that's keeping me pretty busy. But I hope to try my hand at some more Pathfinder fiction in the fairly near future.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 26 Dec 2010 : 02:34:09
I loved this tale Richard. It was a pleasant diversion for me during a particularly stressful period.

I'm hoping you've got more Pathfinder fiction on the way soon?
Dennis Posted - 02 Dec 2010 : 09:33:48
Of course. In fact, he's No.1 on my list of favorite FR authors. Tied with PSK. It's just that my plate is so full today, and most probably in a couple more days. I'm reading a lot of non-FR fiction which I can't easily put down. Also, I'm finalizing my latest book. My editor's going to grill me alive if I fail to submit my manuscript on time---which is before the end of this year. But rest assured, since it's already on my T-R List, I would read it.
Ayrik Posted - 02 Dec 2010 : 08:49:00
I thought RLB was one of your favourite authors, dennis?

The story isn't bad - there's some blasting that you'll like. A certain kind of monster I like. Very short.
Dennis Posted - 02 Dec 2010 : 00:49:26
Another entry to my To-Read List.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 01 Dec 2010 : 18:15:20
The final chapter of my first Pathfinder story is now up, so now you can read the whole darn thing. For free, no less.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/tales/serial
Dennis Posted - 29 Nov 2010 : 14:13:00
I want the other zulkirs reinstated, including some of those from the very first Zulkirate.

OT: And the gremlins are loose. AGAIN.
Elsenrail Posted - 28 Nov 2010 : 14:06:42
Although I love the 4e version of the spooky, haunted Thay... I would love some of the living to take arms and rebel... sucessfully, and at leas make a sovereign realm somewhere in Thay (Alaor, Wizard's Reach and Bezantur are probably the best suited region for that).
Dennis Posted - 28 Nov 2010 : 00:27:50
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

The next book (the one that comes after The Spectral Blaze) starts out in Rashemen.

I'd love that!
Elsenrail Posted - 27 Nov 2010 : 23:49:10
What a pleasant surprise! It's one of my favourite areas in the Realms. :) The Rashemi have a very rich, unique culture. :)

A PC game Mask of the Betrayer was a wonderful experience andit actually started my interest in the region. Moreover, I really enjoyed "Shield of the Weeping Ghosts" - one of my favouriote novels, it simply had this indesribable "thing".
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 27 Nov 2010 : 14:57:06
The next book (the one that comes after The Spectral Blaze) starts out in Rashemen.
Elsenrail Posted - 27 Nov 2010 : 14:05:28
Richard, could you drop us a hint as to the are of the Realms where your next trilogy is set? Will it be East (I have a feeling that Aoth will return to the familiard grounds of Thay).

Personally, I am a cold maniac, co I welcome all books set in the far north.
Dennis Posted - 27 Nov 2010 : 09:42:41
Unclean has been reprinted with the new D&D logo.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 14 Nov 2010 : 23:29:44
Susan Morris was my editor until she recently moved. Nina Hess is my editor now, although that may change when Susan's replacement is hired.
Elsenrail Posted - 14 Nov 2010 : 21:42:44
Glad to hear that there will be another trilogy featuring Aoth and his band. :)

Richard, If I may ask, tho is your editor now (and/or who was)? There were some changes at the WotC book department and all the editors I have ever know of (and valued) are gone.
Sandro Posted - 13 Nov 2010 : 06:03:51
The recent Return of the Archwizards omnibus was similarly thin: disappointingly thin, for me, my only other experience in Realms omnibuses being the old Drizzt ones (from before the Legend of Drizzt re-branding), which featured real paper and were done very nicely.

Still, I shan't complain too loudly, as thin paper is better than no paper, especially when dealing with books not available otherwise.
Dennis Posted - 12 Nov 2010 : 18:32:55
quote:
Originally posted by Ananta

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Did anyone notice how 'thin' the paper of the omnibus is? It's like newspaper. Blatant cost-cutting?

The cover's great, though.

Haha, it was the same with Erevis Cale -Trilogy omnibus. It was as if reading a bible. I found it fitting. :D

Although I think they made it so the book wouldn't be 10 inches thick, not because of cost-cutting xD

Threat from the Sea omnibus is thick. Maybe the new format has something to do with the new label, D&D.
Ananta Posted - 12 Nov 2010 : 16:59:24
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Did anyone notice how 'thin' the paper of the omnibus is? It's like newspaper. Blatant cost-cutting?

The cover's great, though.

Haha, it was the same with Erevis Cale -Trilogy omnibus. It was as if reading a bible. I found it fitting. :D

Although I think they made it so the book wouldn't be 10 inches thick, not because of cost-cutting xD
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 11 Nov 2010 : 02:26:19
dennis: I don't want to give away too much about the next trilogy just yet. Sorry. But it would feel odd to give away a lot when I've barely started writing it. Heck, I might later decide to change something I'd yakked about and make a liar out of myself.

Merrith: It's great to hear you liked Whisper of Venom.
Merrith Posted - 11 Nov 2010 : 00:42:17
Richard, loved Whisper of Venom! Just as good if not better than Captive Flame. The subject of "the game" is extremely intriguing. Countdown until Spectral Blaze release begins. I almost feel like this story could span an entire extra trilogy on top of the current one. 2 books down and feels like you're just starting to peel back the layers :). Knowing you're going to do another trilogy featuring these characters is tremendous. My reading schedule is locked up.
Dennis Posted - 11 Nov 2010 : 00:03:27
I read it upon checking my FB. And Richard, I commented on your wall that I posted it in the Gen FR Chat section here at the 'Keep. But upon seeing Erik's post, I just deleted it.

Anyway, an interesting and insightful interview. You mentioned your next trilogy after Spectral Blaze will again feature The Brotherhood. Are you sending them back to Thay?
The Sage Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 23:42:05
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Also, check out RLB's interview re: Whisper of Venom (etc.) on the WotC Bookclub: http://community.wizards.com/bookclub/blog/2010/11/09/band_of_brothers:_richard_lee_byers_on_the_brotherhood_of_the_griffon_trilogy

Cheers

Very nice. I always enjoy these insights into an author's work. And woot! Candlekeep gets a mention. Thanks Richard!
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 17:43:05
Also, check out RLB's interview re: Whisper of Venom (etc.) on the WotC Bookclub: http://community.wizards.com/bookclub/blog/2010/11/09/band_of_brothers:_richard_lee_byers_on_the_brotherhood_of_the_griffon_trilogy

Cheers
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 16:16:39
Part Two of free four-part Pathfinder novelette is now available for your perusal.

Kajehase Posted - 05 Nov 2010 : 05:22:57
quote:

Kajehase already said what I was coming her to say today. But I guess it won't hurt to say it again. You can now check out Part One of my first Pathfinder novelette at the Paizo web site. It's free and everything.

But your link is better than mine.
swifty Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 22:25:05
quote:
Originally posted by Merrith

Believe me Richard, just waiting for rush hour to die down then heading out hoping local Borders actually has it on the shelves unlike Elminster Must Die which took 2 extra days.

my local borders shut down the other month.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 18:28:45
Glad to hear it!
Elsenrail Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 14:54:11
Hi Richard,

I'm about 100 pages in. I really enjoy "Whisper of Venom" - better than the first novel. :)
The Sage Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 00:39:28
quote:

Kajehase already said what I was coming her to say today. But I guess it won't hurt to say it again. You can now check out Part One of my first Pathfinder novelette at the Paizo web site. It's free and everything.

Oooh! This has saved me greatly. I forgot my books when I was leaving for work this morning, so this should satisfy me just as well.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 03 Nov 2010 : 23:58:34

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000