Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels about Manshoon and the Zhentarim

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kerrigan Posted - 27 Oct 2010 : 06:54:52
Greetings fellow scribes,

often I've heard you talking about Manshoon, his clones and his business in the Zhenatarim. However, I've hardly read anything about him. I read some novels involving Fzoul Chembryl (Avatar-Series, Last Mythal-Trilogy) - can you recommend me any that feature a.) Manshoon and b.) the Zhentarim in general?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kerrigan Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 09:24:21
by the way, are there any famous adventure-modules dealing with this business?
Kerrigan Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 09:00:47
Thanks fot the answers!

I take it that Spellfire would be the best place to start ..
Blueblade Posted - 27 Oct 2010 : 15:54:58
SPOILER WARNING

Kerrigan,
Ed Greenwood created Manshoon, and we first saw him in fiction in his novel SPELLFIRE (he appears briefly in the two sequels, too: CROWN OF FIRE and HAND OF FIRE). Manshoon is featured in the classic Ed short story "So High A Price" that appeared in REALMS OF INFAMY and was later reprinted in THE BEST OF THE REALMS VOLUME 2: THE STORIES OF ED GREENWOOD, and in the recent "Lord of the Darkways" WotC website tale by Ed; these two short stories deal with the early Manshoon.
The previous posters have mentioned most of the other "middle period" Manshoon appearances, but more recently (in Realms dating), Manshoon has appeared in "The Many Murders of Manshoon" short story in REALMS OF THE DEAD, and in Ed's latest novel, ELMINSTER MUST DIE! (and it very much looks like he'll be in at least the first two sequels to that book, BURY ELMINSTER DEEP and the third book whose title hasn't yet been revealed).
BB
swifty Posted - 27 Oct 2010 : 11:01:09
manshoon features in the novel shadows of doom quite a bit.
Sandro Posted - 27 Oct 2010 : 08:23:13
The Knights of Myth Drannor trilogy features both, as does Sandril's Saga, both written by Ed of the Greenwood himself. However, their coverage has been notoriously limited, with the Zhentarim filling the role of bumbling baddies and Manshoon a generally shadowy figure who rarely gets actively involved.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000