Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Guenhwyvar - The Book (Salvatore)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ManOnFire Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 02:56:28
Anybody heard anything about releasing the whole book/novel?
Or any more info?
I just heard that Salvatore was going to write a book about
Guenhwyvar, and then I found this preview:

www.wizards.com/books/downloads/Guenhwyvar.pdf

What do you think?
I am really looking for that.
If that's a preview is there more?

Any info is welcome :)

Thanks!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 11 Feb 2011 : 05:24:09
Found this scroll and rez-ed it.
Actually, I planned on doing this for the next Candlekeep Compendium... Just and FYI.
BEAST Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 21:38:42
If you click the Chronology link in my sig, you can see the titles of all the non-novel stories (short stories, game modules, etc.) which RAS has been involved in, highlighted in gray.

Then you can scroll down to the "Annotated" section, where I provide a link where these non-novel publications can be found.

And like Fell said, there's only the one short story about Guen's origins.

Though it would be great if someone where to detail the complete history of how the panther figurine was passed from owner to owner down through the ages until it finally fell into the hands of Masoj Hun'ett, per Homeland . . .
Lady Fellshot Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 06:00:06
I am very sure. I just checked it against my copy of Realms of Magic.
ManOnFire Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 01:31:28
Actually, the thing is,
that my wife had Realms Of Magic and she told me that, yes, there waas a story about Guenhwyvar there, but that's a different one, and that's not it....
You're sure about that, though?
Lady Fellshot Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 01:16:25
Amazon or one of its affiliates will likely have Realms of Magic where the full short story of "Guenhwyvar" was originally published. I'm not sure if it's out of print or not (but it seems likely).
ManOnFire Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 00:09:17
Beast!

Thanks for the great info!

Do you know where is it from?
Where to get it?
Which compilation?
BEAST Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 22:41:32
quote:
Originally posted by ManOnFire

If that's a preview is there more?

Any info is welcome :)

Yeah, there is definitely a lot more to it than that. Unfortunately, that preview includes less than half of the full short story.

It's odd that nobody at TSR/WOTC ever posted the entire thing, or at least labeled the file as being only an incomplete preview.
Alisttair Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 12:44:56
O-Love has it on their site (a best of RAS short stories) but its been there a while and I doubt the supposed release date of 2009
see here and scroll at the bottom http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_bes.html
The Sage Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 00:39:09
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Perhaps there's a Best of the Realms Book IV collection in the works? A compilation of the RAS short stories would make sense.

It's been mentioned more than once... And considering that he's one of WotC's best sellers -- if not their best -- it's surprising to me that it hasn't happened already.

I do recall reading rumours elsewhere, perhaps at EN World, that suggested Wizards might be waiting until just after the release of The Ghost King in paperback, so that there would be a gap in the publishing schedule for RAS's works, before making any announcements.

There was no evidence provided, of course, but I don't recall hearing anything about RAS's next Realms work, so, maybe...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 17:35:14
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Perhaps there's a Best of the Realms Book IV collection in the works? A compilation of the RAS short stories would make sense.

It's been mentioned more than once... And considering that he's one of WotC's best sellers -- if not their best -- it's surprising to me that it hasn't happened already.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 12:40:00
Kiaransalyn Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 12:38:20
My favourite is the part of the book when Guenhwyvar after cleaning herself vows not to eat orc again. I guess you have to see a cat often enough to get the joke though.
Brimstone Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 11:56:24
Dont forget "Purrrrrr"!
Kiaransalyn Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 09:55:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

You mean "ggggrrrrRRRRRWWWAAAARRRR!" and "mew?" right?

It answers the original poster's question rather well.
Lady Fellshot Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 05:56:00
You mean "ggggrrrrRRRRRWWWAAAARRRR!" and "mew?" right?

And the link is to the short story in Realms of Magic.

There's no word on what the next book will be, but rumor says NOT a Zaknafein and Jarlaxle prequel.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 05:21:54
I should imagine Guenhywar's dialogue will be as sparkling as ever.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 03:56:48
Actually, I believe that is the short story that RAS submitted for Realms of Magic back in 1995. He has made no announcements that he is going to write a full novel.
The Sage Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 03:09:44
One scroll is enough for this, ManOnFire. So please leave it at that. I've removed the other scrolls accordingly.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000