Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New novels for 2004!!! ::drool::

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 31 Jul 2003 : 17:54:56
January
Extinction (WotSQ, book 4) by Lisa Smedman

February
Paths of Darkness Collector's Edition by R.A. Salvatore
The Yellow Silk (The Rogues, book 4) by Don Bassingthwaite

March
Homeland (Hardcover) by R.A. Salvatore
Venom's Taste (House of Serpents, book 1) by Lisa Smedman

April
Windwalker (paperback) (Starlight & Shadows, book 3) by Elaine Cunningham
The Rage (The Year of the Rogue Dragons, book 1) by Richard Lee Byers

Also, book 2 of The Year of Rogue Dragons is called The Rite (2005) and book 3 The Ruin (2006)
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 15:51:49
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Moonbow

Do 'we' know of any of the more rumored novels of the future?

Like what Ed & El (Greenwood and Cunningham, that is) is up to? More on the 'Scions of Arrabar' trilogy. Release dates for the rest of the 'House of Serpents' novels (or the 'Last of the Mythals' series)?

And most importantly: What Kameron is up to???

Mr. Greenwood and Mrs. Cunningham are working on the Waterdeep novel, scheduled for a August 2005 release I believe. The first Serpent novel is set for March? April? I have not heard of a release date for the next novel in the Scions trilogy. To my knowledge, the Mythal series starts in August or thereabouts.
Adrian Moonbow Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 15:44:56
Do 'we' know of any of the more rumored novels of the future?

Like what Ed & El (Greenwood and Cunningham, that is) is up to? More on the 'Scions of Arrabar' trilogy. Release dates for the rest of the 'House of Serpents' novels (or the 'Last of the Mythals' series)?

And most importantly: What Kameron is up to???
Faraer Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 19:45:05
The current scheme -- of which the books are falling a little behind -- is three years Earth to two years Toril.
Lord Rad Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 17:41:09
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

Please correct me if i`m wrong here 1373 = 2004?
a new year here on tellus equals a new year on abeir toril? that would actually make some sense. since i`ve heard out and about that 1373,or 2004 for those keeping track, is going to be a year of scalykind. as the previous year was a year of shadows..(u know, the shades and the drow). *looking forward to it*

I dont remember where I read it, but I believe that 3 real-time years is equal to 1 Toril year....for campaign timelines sake.
Elfinblade Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 15:33:24
Please correct me if i`m wrong here 1373 = 2004?
a new year here on tellus equals a new year on abeir toril? that would actually make some sense. since i`ve heard out and about that 1373,or 2004 for those keeping track, is going to be a year of scalykind. as the previous year was a year of shadows..(u know, the shades and the drow). *looking forward to it*
Lord Rad Posted - 18 Jan 2004 : 09:57:09
::drool::

Thanks Zacas Lookin' good!

Hope they straighten up that cover for Lady of Poison though!
Zacas Posted - 18 Jan 2004 : 05:15:51
More coverpics from Wizards... though strangely Venom's taste still isn't shown on wizards... but there is a cover on Amazon... but here's some more novels...

June '04
Dawn of Night http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965490000

July '04
Lady of Poison http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965270000

August '04
Forsaken House http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965620000

Well that's all the newer novels i've seen when i checked last...
SiriusBlack Posted - 17 Jan 2004 : 17:05:54
quote:
Originally posted by Belfar

I'm still waiting for the Year of the Risen Elfkin. Maybe it will have something to do witht he Avariel repopulating much like how Moradin gave the Thunder Blessing to the dwindling dwarves.

Or maybe something to do with the Daemonfey since Richard Baker's new trilogy of novels confirms they will be featured in the series as the villians.
Belfar Posted - 17 Jan 2004 : 01:00:14
I'm still waiting for the Year of the Risen Elfkin. Maybe it will have something to do witht he Avariel repopulating much like how Moradin gave the Thunder Blessing to the dwindling dwarves.
RogueAssassin Posted - 16 Jan 2004 : 23:50:35
year of the rogue dragons does sound very intiseing. perhaps a new series for my library

-Rogue
SiriusBlack Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 04:43:06
I see Ryld's looking mighty imposing.
Zacas Posted - 12 Jan 2004 : 18:41:25
Well... here's more pictures of some covers for some other new books this year.

May 2004
Elminster's Daughter - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965400000

June '04
Exile (Hardcover) - Legend of Drizzt, Book 2 -http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/888520000

July '04
Annihilation - WotSQ 5 - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965530000

Hmm... and wizards still has yet to put a pic for Venom's taste... but that's all i saw on wizards for the new books that i haven't already posted links to see the covers
SiriusBlack Posted - 31 Aug 2003 : 04:03:42
Thank you for posting these links Zacas.
Zacas Posted - 31 Aug 2003 : 00:06:19
And i just found a whole bunch of pictures for a lotta the new novels out next year...

Jan '04
Extinction - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/179770000
Feb '04
Paths of Darkness Collector's Edition - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/964800000
The Yellow Silk - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/964790000
Homeland "The Legend of Drizzt" Book 1 Hardcover author annotated - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/888510000
March '04
Venom's Taste (No pic yet... but here's a page for it) - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965290000
April '04
The Rage - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/965360000

Well... there ya'll go... just thought some might like to see them...
Bladesinger Posted - 09 Aug 2003 : 20:43:03
Well, some of the priests series will also be released next year. The first one is about a priestess of Shar if I remember correctly. They will also print a new "realms of" book for the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy , but it won't be out in 2004 as far as I know.
Bookwyrm Posted - 08 Aug 2003 : 11:20:36
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

quote:
Originally posted by Malanthius

It giveth and it taketh away...
Besides, transformers are sci-fi, D&D is fantasy. "And Never the twain shall meet" also, when was the last time you saw autimous discuss things with Mega-tron?

Mal.

Did you mean OPTIMUS???

<walks off mumbling about people that don't know fine autobots>

Fear not, Mournblade, I've heard of these great and mighty . . . er . . . (sees Alaundo frowning at him) um, golems -- yes, golems. Very big golems . . . .

(psst -- remind me to send you a particular link. I think you'd like it . . . .)

And Malanthius, the twain do meet. For instance, in one of my own stories; or in the Warlock books. Also The Wizard in Rhyme . . . .

(sees Alaundo glaring)

Um . . . I'll just be going now . . . .
Alaundo Posted - 08 Aug 2003 : 08:26:27
quote:

quote:

Besides, transformers are sci-fi, D&D is fantasy. "And Never the twain shall meet" also, when was the last time you saw autimous discuss things with Mega-tron?

Mal.

Did you mean OPTIMUS???

Well Met

Hmmmmm, such monstrosities do not have a place in the Realms Now, about these new tomes for next year...

Mournblade Posted - 07 Aug 2003 : 21:44:46
quote:

Mal.

Did you mean OPTIMUS???

Mythander Posted - 07 Aug 2003 : 15:49:20
quote:

Actually I rather think that Wizards is like a kindly ruler that listens to what his subjects ask. BUt the problem is that the EVIL Lich HASBRO has Wizards under a very nasty epic level charm spell that often makes Wizards turn from the true path. I sholdn't complain too much you know. Hasbro Gave me Transformers.

Great analogy! I am now completely amused.
Malanthius Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 21:54:42

Mal.
Mournblade Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 20:57:38
Actually I rather think that Wizards is like a kindly ruler that listens to what his subjects ask. BUt the problem is that the EVIL Lich HASBRO has Wizards under a very nasty epic level charm spell that often makes Wizards turn from the true path. I sholdn't complain too much you know. Hasbro Gave me Transformers.

Mythander Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 17:07:44
It is nice to hear that we can still sway the rolling machine that is Wizards.
The Sage Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 13:28:52
I am not so sure anymore Rad. For the last several years there was an ongoing petition by the online Dragonlance community to request that WotC reprint the 'Elven Nations' trilogy. At GenCon this year, WotC announced - after much consideration, and by seeing the number of signatures on the petition (which I am glad I now signed) - the reprinting on the entire trilogy and is now slated for release next year.

Lord Rad Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 11:50:54
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

There is an ongoing petition over on the WotC FR forums for a novel based on the 'return of Bane'. Whether WotC actually pays any attention to this petition is another thing entirely.

Pah, with Hasbro pulling their strings, Sage...... I think not!
The Sage Posted - 06 Aug 2003 : 07:23:02
There is an ongoing petition over on the WotC FR forums for a novel based on the 'return of Bane'. Whether WotC actually pays any attention to this petition is another thing entirely.

Cyric Posted - 05 Aug 2003 : 23:51:43
Arent there going to be any new books abut Cyric ?????
Or Bane and Mask parhapse ????
Dantrag Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 21:07:00
Whats the news on the edition to The Hunters Blades trilogy, The Lone Drow?
Zacas Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 19:03:05
Most likely it's been postponed... Wizards doesn't even show it on their product list for this year. Though it was shown on RASalvatore's website...
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 16:56:08
Another hardcover Homeland in March? Isn't there one coming out this year that's author annotated?
Lord Rad Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 16:24:11
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I don't think that is right Rad. I thought the 'Year of the Rogue Dragons' was the next year in Realms time (1373 DR).

Yeah im stupid, wheres that "lowly scribe" hat !?

Wow, thats gonna be a pretty meaty trilogy by the sounds of it.... a realms-shaking event if there ever was!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000