Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 NEW CONTEST: Win a FREE FR novel!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 25 Feb 2009 : 18:31:56
Not sure if this is the right forum, but it is novel-related.

You can win a signed copy of Swordmage simply by answering three questions at the WtC site.

An FR novel I don't have to pay for?! Count me in.

New Contest for Corsair novel
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Mar 2009 : 17:59:05
Sorry, MT. Figured it was better to get it up here as soon as I saw it...
Markustay Posted - 16 Mar 2009 : 17:47:52
Hey! Its my thread... I was gonna do that...

Just kidding - I'll modify the topic.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Mar 2009 : 17:36:05
The Corsair novel is now up for grabs in a giveaway:

Linky-thing
DragonReader Posted - 13 Mar 2009 : 16:07:07
Turns out I won as well :)
The Red Walker Posted - 12 Mar 2009 : 23:06:08
Well since I am not planning on finishing the series, maybe I will sign my hardback copy and hold a trivia contest here to give it away
Brimstone Posted - 12 Mar 2009 : 22:29:59
-

BRIMSTONE
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 12 Mar 2009 : 17:25:05
Holy crap! I won too!

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Mar 2009 : 00:39:26
Good for you.
Markustay Posted - 12 Mar 2009 : 00:16:25
So they said they still had 5 books left, which surprised me, since the answers to the three questions could be found with a 60-second search on the Internet. So I sent in a E-Mail a few hours ago with the answers.

I won.

I never win ANYTHING, and I got a response in my E-Mail a little while ago that I will be receiving my signed copy in the mail.

A 4e novel that I wanted to read and didn't have to pay for? Pinch me... I must be dreaming...

Expect me to be MUCH more civil concerning WotC... at least for a few weeks.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 20:42:37
I'd happily try to get a free novel -- I have a reputation for trying to get free stuff, and I'm more successful than not at doing it. I'm still quite proud of myself for getting a Bank of Ireland bag while in Killarney; there was a Bank of Ireland convention of some sort going on at the hotel we were staying at (where we saw Riverdance). I simply walked up to one of the staffers that was checking people in and giving them name tags and bags, and asked, "So, can a random tourist get one of those bags?" The lady said she shouldn't do it, but handed me one anyway! My wife's reaction when I walked back was classic, too.

That said, I remained exiled from the WotC forum until they lift my wrongful banning -- which will happen at about the same time that Cyric becomes an Eagle Scout. So I can't enter this contest.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 11 Mar 2009 : 18:20:19
Okay, what does it say when they can't GIVE the books away*?

5 books left

*I don't honestly believe this is the case, I think they came up with a few extra...
The Red Walker Posted - 02 Mar 2009 : 16:00:26
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Well you do have to admit that it sounds better than Buying a free book!

True, but being paid to own a book is better!

Of course, there are some books that you'd have to be paid to own and some where you'd have to be paid a lot more to read them.

Well , I did have an author email me, said he liked my reviews on Amazon. Asked if I would be so kind as to review it , if he sent ne a free autographed copy. That's as close as I have came to being paid to own a book!
ywhtptgtfo Posted - 02 Mar 2009 : 10:08:28
No thanks. If it's a hard-to-find novel dated back in the old days (i.e. The Ring of Winter or the Realms of Infamy), then I would've been interested. A 4e novel? Fah.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 01 Mar 2009 : 20:26:19
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

True, but being paid to own a book is better!

Of course, there are some books that you'd have to be paid to own and some where you'd have to be paid a lot more to read them.
The Red Walker Posted - 01 Mar 2009 : 01:26:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

From a semantics point of view, 'winning a free novel' sounds like a redundant phrase.

Kiaransalyn Posted - 28 Feb 2009 : 21:21:17
From a semantics point of view, 'winning a free novel' sounds like a redundant phrase.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 28 Feb 2009 : 03:46:08
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I have a feeling access was denied the moment they had their sixteen winners... which appears to be mere minutes into their posting that thread.

Not the best way to do a contest, and sixteen novels is by no means a 'biggie' for a billion dollar company like Hasbro, but at least they tried to do something nice for the fans, so I really can't knock them for that.

If I started to see a lot more stuff like this, I think it would change a lot of people's minds. I think at this point there is more hostility at the company then at the setting itself.

Its a good start, so Kudos to them.

At least they tried to do something nice for sixteen people who knew what the questions were when they were posted.

As for my Realms collection, I have just added the "Marco Volo" and "Swords of the Dale" trilogies of adventures to my library, giving Hasbro a net profit of ZERO on the transaction.

Brimstone Posted - 27 Feb 2009 : 04:27:15
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

I think it was a very nice gesture by WOTC.

-Yes it is.

BRIMSTONE
DragonReader Posted - 26 Feb 2009 : 14:50:09
I think it was a very nice gesture by WOTC.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Feb 2009 : 04:20:38
-I think that thread is funny.

BRIMMY
Markustay Posted - 26 Feb 2009 : 03:29:36
I have a feeling access was denied the moment they had their sixteen winners... which appears to be mere minutes into their posting that thread.

Not the best way to do a contest, and sixteen novels is by no means a 'biggie' for a billion dollar company like Hasbro, but at least they tried to do something nice for the fans, so I really can't knock them for that.

If I started to see a lot more stuff like this, I think it would change a lot of people's minds. I think at this point there is more hostility at the company then at the setting itself.

Its a good start, so Kudos to them.
Brimstone Posted - 25 Feb 2009 : 19:23:53
-This is going over well. Did they figure out how to participate on the Wizbro Forums?

BRIMSTONE

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000