Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What books are you missing from your collection?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zaknafein Posted - 31 May 2003 : 04:19:42
To those of you who do indeed collect these books as well as read them and try to keep them in (somewhat) good condition, then what books are you missing in your Forgotten Realms Library?

As for me I'm missing: Condemnation, Empires Trilogy, Netheril Trilogy, Maztica Trilogy, Lord of Stormweather-Sands of the Soul, Realms of Shadow, and Realms of the Arcane, and quite a bit of the Harpers
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 04:26:17
Oh well...since that's the case, I think you will enjoy Pools of Twilight. It was definitely the better of those three novels, at least in my opinion.

Mythander Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 16:33:05
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I would suggest leaving the 'Pools' books until last. The Sembia series is far more interesting than the 'Pools' trilogy, but then, that is just my opinion.

Thank you for the heads up. But, I think i am going to hit the pools books first. One reason is that I am halfway through Pool of Radiance. But I am looking forward to the Sembia books.
Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 07:46:31
I might be able to hook you up with a used copy. It depends on whether the shop I'm thinking of still has it. Or you could just order it off of Amazon or somesuch.
MuadDib Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 06:06:36
it would be easier for me to say which novels i have and not which i still want

I can tell you one book im DESPERATELY looking for

Mel Odom's Trilogy, the Sahaugin trilogy, book 3 is a collection of short stories i dont want, but the concluding story line book, number 4 but really number 3. I want it SOOO bad, if anyone has it, PLEASE let me know
Zacas Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 04:14:32
*dances around* FInally i got all the books up until the most recent... hehe... and once i finish Crypt of the shadowking... i'll have all but Alabaster Staff and Twilight Falling read (though that is one book i need)...
The Sage Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 03:17:16
I would suggest leaving the 'Pools' books until last. The Sembia series is far more interesting than the 'Pools' trilogy, but then, that is just my opinion.

Mythander Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 20:11:53
As of this moment, I have all of the Forgotten Realms novels that have been released. As far reading them, All I have not read (and I am working on it) is the Pools books and the Sembia series. Now, I am looking of a set of the comics.
Mythander Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 20:07:07
quote:
Originally posted by Zacas

Oh... another question... anyone know of the Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition Hardcover that has Cattibrie, Drizzt, and Guen on the cover... standing under a tree on a sunny day... instead of the cover the has them and Wulfgar on a snowy cliff...?
Is it a special edition or something of the collector's edition or what? I've found a few on Ebay... and i'm pondering trying to bid on one... I've never seen it with this cover, ive only seen the bluish-book with the cliff...

I have that edition, as far as i can tell it is the first release of the trilogy as one book. I think the second cover came out later to match the cover of the Dark Elf collectors edition.
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 25 Jun 2003 : 02:41:03
I got the Icewind Dale Trilogy hardcover, but it came with NO dust jacket.

If anyone has either cover they want to get rid of, let me know
Zacas Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 23:36:39
Oh... another question... anyone know of the Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition Hardcover that has Cattibrie, Drizzt, and Guen on the cover... standing under a tree on a sunny day... instead of the cover the has them and Wulfgar on a snowy cliff...?
Is it a special edition or something of the collector's edition or what? I've found a few on Ebay... and i'm pondering trying to bid on one... I've never seen it with this cover, ive only seen the bluish-book with the cliff...
Zacas Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 21:40:09
Okay... considering i didn't want to open a new post just for this... but on the copyright page of the books
Beneath the library of congress card catalog number... it does a countdown of numbers... 20-14... or 20-11... or 9-1... what do those symbolize? the lower the numbers the older the books (as in first printing, etc?)
Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Jun 2003 : 07:47:40
Oof. I know how you feel. In my room, I have two bookcases that can't be moved, right next to each other. (Well, one can move, but that's because it's got a wheel and a hinge, and doubles as my closet door.) A year after putting it in, we started getting chronic leaks through the ceiling -- right over them. We've fixed the problem (well, I did have a short leak a few months ago, ruined one book ) but for a while I had taken to rigging a cover of towels over the shelves, just incase it started again. In short, it sucked.
Zacas Posted - 23 Jun 2003 : 06:13:35
bleh... soon after i order a used copy of Conspiracy... my bro bids on some other books for me... and tonight, had i not of noticed a wet carpet... where it shouldn't have been wet... i might have lost my whole collection (5 books short... not including books still coming out)... The AC decided to leak, get clogged or something... so it leaked water that soaked the carpet to my 5-shelf bookshelf... and had started to inch up the base of the wooden bookshelf... luckily i noticed the wet floor and told my dad something was leaking... tho i had to pull ALL my books... novels... DND gamebooks... minatures... marvel heroclix... and all OFF the bookshelf and move the bookshelf to let it's base dry... then i'll have to resort and restack everything onto it... bleh...
KlarthAilerion Posted - 08 Jun 2003 : 19:05:16
Missing: Moonshae Trilogy, Druidhome Trilogy book 3, Harpers 5,7, Double Diamond Triangle Saga 4,5,6,7,9, Murder in Halruaa, The Dream Spheres, Songs and Swords 2,5.

The gods have been kind to me this weekend.
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 01:59:10
Still looking for Feathered Dragon and about the last eight Harpers.
Mournblade Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 22:16:12
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Since I'm up-to-date with the FR novels, I am currently re-reading the Sembia series, an archaeology textbook, a book on C++ data structures, and the CBT ComStar Field Manual. As well as this I am re-reading the City of Splendors boxed set, since my Evermeet campaign will soon be heading for Waterdeep.

Anyway as for my original reason for posting - Mournblade, are you reading the first (and more accurate manuscript according to Charles Darwin's original work) edition, or the heavily modified (and more widely distributed) badly revised sixth edition?.

Anyway,

May your learning be free and unfettered

Apparently I am reading a Fascimile of the original publication. It was put out by Harvard Library. THe first one I picked up was the MODERN WORLD library edition. I scrapped that one after comparing it with the fascimile. I am reading an edition put out by Bantam. I matched it up with the fascimile and it on the spots i checked, it matched word for word.

I have no idea why they print the Modern World Library edition. It seems to me anyone that is going to read ORigin of Species would want DARWIN's thoughts not some editor.
Zacas Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 18:51:18
Hrm... let's see now... what all do i need... considering i collect more than it seems most people around here do of the series...

The Druid Queen (Druidhome #3), Crypt of the Shadowking (Harper #6), The Dark Elf Trilogy: Collector's Edition (Hardcover), Conspiracy (tDDTS #6), The Cleric Quintet: Collector's Ed. (Both Paperback and Hardcover), Legacy of the Drow (Paperback), Condemnation (WotSQ #3).

Hrm... not to mention the majority of everything else that is out this year... hehe...

Ooohhh... And Neverwinter Nights... since it's now labeled as "TBA" (To be announced) On the Wizards' website... hehe... and Amazon.com lists it as out of print... even tho it's never been printed...

Other than novels... there's 3rd Ed gamebooks... the comics (which one day... i will get... i found a comic shop that has the majority of one DC set... though i didn't look for the other sets... as i didn't think of them and didn't know their names...
The Sage Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 11:17:49
Since I'm up-to-date with the FR novels, I am currently re-reading the Sembia series, an archaeology textbook, a book on C++ data structures, and the CBT ComStar Field Manual. As well as this I am re-reading the City of Splendors boxed set, since my Evermeet campaign will soon be heading for Waterdeep.

Anyway as for my original reason for posting - Mournblade, are you reading the first (and more accurate manuscript according to Charles Darwin's original work) edition, or the heavily modified (and more widely distributed) badly revised sixth edition?.

Anyway,

Edain Shadowstar Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 05:12:14
Now that Condemnation has arrived I now only lack the Moonshae Trilogy, and by Bitch Queen's Breath I WILL have it. It'll take the combined armies of Heaven and Hell to stop this scholarly person from completing his collection, and it ain't too likely for the Archdevils and Solars to get along just to stop me.
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 05:09:02
LOL. Okay, Mournblade, I stand corrected.

I haven't gotten around to that issue of SciAm. Thank's for the heads-up. I won't expect great things from it this month.
Mournblade Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 05:02:16
The two books I mentioned are not counting the:

Chemistry and Physics and Biology Texts I am reading
The Medieval Encyclopedia I am reading
ANd I NEVER count all the RPG material I am reading at the moment.
I just finished this months LAME Scientific American, so that is done at least
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 04:18:25
Is that all? I have open no less than two fictions (one's an anthology), a textbook (philosophy), and numerous D&D/FR info-books. It's hard work catching up with you guys!
Mournblade Posted - 01 Jun 2003 : 23:12:07
That fills me with quite a bit of confidence. I am reading ORIGIN OF SPECIES now but I think I might take a break and Read Condemnation. More likely I will read both during this week. I often read one fiction and one non-fiction book at a time.

The Sage Posted - 01 Jun 2003 : 08:56:33
Mournblade said -
quote:
we'll see if Condemnation can beat Insurrection... That is going to be tough to do.

While I would have agreed with you this morning, looking back now with just having finished Condemnation this very hour, I will only say that, Mournblade, the battle between the two books was very great indeed. In the end however Condemnation won me over, it was incredible.

Brynweir Posted - 01 Jun 2003 : 02:59:43
It is the Night Parade, Mournblade, and I didn't much care for it either.
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Jun 2003 : 02:50:50
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

just reading Thornhold at the moment which makes that 3.5 I guess..... enjoying it so far!

You'll see. It's good halfway through, then it goes bad. I've stated before that my opinion on it is that Elaine Cunningham was told about halfway through that she had to break up the Harpers or something. (Maybe the Coastal Scribes could shed some light on that? ) Whatever the cause, though, the storyline excuse for what happens to the Harpers is just weak.
Mournblade Posted - 31 May 2003 : 23:56:45
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

My FR novel collection is pretty much complete. The only novel im "missing" is Windwalker.... purely because im waiting til next year to buy the paperback edition as I have the new releases of Daughter of the Drow and Tangled Webs and buying a hardcover Windwalker just wouldnt go well on my shelves

Other than that, im fully up to date and quite proud of my FR novel shelves

Hey Rad you could just buy the original Hardcovers of the Starlight and shadows with the CHEESY artwork. I know what you mean though, I have Daughter of the Drow---BAD ART Tangled Webs----Kinda bad art And WINDWALKER-----INCREDIBLE ART

I thought that book 5 the Ring of Winter was pathetic. I remember that I didn't like The CRYPT of the SHADOW KING either, but I read it so long ago I can't remember WHY I didn't like it, I only remember throwing it in my BOX OF BOOKS I DON'T CARE ABOUT. I remember the one with Myrmheen Lall I did not like either. The night brigade or something. I barely even pay attention to that canon material.

Turns out I have to push Thousand Orcs behind again because I just bought Condemnation. Windwalker was incredible, and I am sure Condemnation will be VERY good to read, I just wish Thomas Reid could write them all. Still I think that Tangled webs was the best Of the Starlight and Shadows. we'll see if Condemnation can beat Insurrection... That is going to be tough to do.

Lord Rad Posted - 31 May 2003 : 23:31:30
My FR novel collection is pretty much complete. The only novel im "missing" is Windwalker.... purely because im waiting til next year to buy the paperback edition as I have the new releases of Daughter of the Drow and Tangled Webs and buying a hardcover Windwalker just wouldnt go well on my shelves

Other than that, im fully up to date and quite proud of my FR novel shelves
KlarthAilerion Posted - 31 May 2003 : 20:28:15
Missing: Moonshae Trilogy, Druidhome Trilogy, Empires Trilogy, Maztica Trilogy, Twilight Giants Trilogy, Harpers 1,2,3,5,7, Double Diamond Triangle Saga 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9, Murder in Halruaa, Once Around the Realms, The Dream Spheres, Songs and Swords 2,5.

A few of those I'm missing are books that I already have (ie: Songs and Swords 2 is Elfsong, which I have as Harpers 8, and Harpers 2 is Elfshadow, which I have as Songs and Swords 1), but most are books I'm going to have to find at used book stores and the like. I suppose I could use Ebay or Amazon or something like that eventually, but for now I enjoy trying to track them down in person. You never know what interesting things you might find.
Lord Rad Posted - 31 May 2003 : 17:42:13
Mournblade, which Harper books do you class as bad? Just curious as Ive read all but three of them (just reading Thornhold at the moment which makes that 3.5 I guess..... enjoying it so far!)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000