Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 LM, SS and The Two swords are now out at Amazon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 15 Oct 2004 : 23:23:28

The Amazon website shows that Shining south, Libris Mortis and the latest Drizzt novel The Two Swords as ussually ships within 24 hours
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 14:14:42
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

I'd be interested to hear your views on Shining South, Sage. I picked this particular tome up myself at the weekend and am very impressed, i'll be spending more time with it tonight as it's crammed with valuable information

I'll most likely post a few thoughts here and there about the content of each chapter Rad, soon enough. At the moment though, I'm working my way through BCD... obviously .

"obviously", says he! Shining South is one of the most wonderful tomes I have had the pleasure to read, of late, and I highly recommend this to all. It should be....ahem, "obvious" that this is to take priority over all other tomes of lore, without question! Now, Sage, back to thy Realmslore!

Yes SIR!...

As it happens, I've skimmed over the 'Races and Regions' chapter of SS. I'm quite impressed with the details presented so far. In particular, I liked the fact that the individual races of human from the South are differentiate by fluff and culture, rather than stats. Even the racial feats are a nice touch...
Alaundo Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 09:18:43
quote:

quote:

I'd be interested to hear your views on Shining South, Sage. I picked this particular tome up myself at the weekend and am very impressed, i'll be spending more time with it tonight as it's crammed with valuable information

I'll most likely post a few thoughts here and there about the content of each chapter Rad, soon enough. At the moment though, I'm working my way through BCD... obviously .

"obviously", says he! Shining South is one of the most wonderful tomes I have had the pleasure to read, of late, and I highly recommend this to all. It should be....ahem, "obvious" that this is to take priority over all other tomes of lore, without question! Now, Sage, back to thy Realmslore!
Lord Rad Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 08:56:52
quote:

quote:

I suggest you revise that reading order, Sage, before that grumpy, old, bearded.. ::oof:: Yes, Alaundo, i'll get back to my Shining South studies right away ::cower::
The Sage Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 06:05:02
quote:

Lord Rad Posted - 18 Oct 2004 : 17:55:09
The Sage Posted - 18 Oct 2004 : 15:23:16
I awoke this morning to the sight of two very large packages... each chock full with wholesome D&D goodness.

Among the treasures I received were:

Shining South
Libris Mortis
The Two Swords
Towers of High Sorcery - DL
Flight of the Fallen - DL
Amber and Ashes - DL
Beyond Countless Doorways - PS tribute
Masque of the Red Death - RL/GE
Dark Legacies: Player's Guide - Independent

They are the reason why I haven't posted that much here today... I've a lot of reading to get through over the next few days...
George Krashos Posted - 18 Oct 2004 : 04:47:39
My "Shining South" and copy of "Elminster's Daughter" are also on their way from Amazon. Won't get much done in November!:)

-- George Krashos
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 19:33:43
I just ordered The Shining South from Amazon myself

Libris Mortis will have to wait until next time but I really want to get that tome as well.

The Two Swords will have to wait until the paperback edition comes out as well.
Alaundo Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 19:15:35
Well met

Having just returned from GENCON UK, my backpack overfloweth I managed to acquire the following tomes:

Shining South
The Two Swords
Realms of Dragons
Libris Mortis

...to name but a few.

I must say, that Shining South comes HIGHLY recommended and is one of the best FR tomes I have had the pleasure to read in a long while.

SiriusBlack Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 02:09:08
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I saw Libre Mortis and Shining South both at my FLGS yesterday, and I've already started reading Shining South. However, a few minutes later I was at Barnes & Noble, and I saw neither book.

I saw SS was listed last night as available from Amazon. I have some gift certificate balance built up there, but will probably wait on getting it since I might be reading another FR novel soon.

B&N didn't have a new release? Color me stunned.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 00:57:20
I saw Libre Mortis and Shining South both at my FLGS yesterday, and I've already started reading Shining South. However, a few minutes later I was at Barnes & Noble, and I saw neither book.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000