Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Murder in Baldur's Gate Encounters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bakra Posted - 13 Jun 2013 : 15:50:54
Courtesy of Feetz from the Wizards forums:

The article http://www.wizards.com/WPN/News/Article.aspx?x=2013_06_10_DDEBaldur and solicitation flyer http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2013_06_08_DDBaldur_Solicitation_en_US.pdf.

Highlights

Can be run in 3.5, Next, or 4e.
The for sale adventure is what you use for Encounters. The kit does NOT have the adventure. Stores have to order it.
13 weeks
Intro adventure to be run at Launch event on Aug 17-18.
Player maps, NPC cards, exclusive d20s
Part of the Sundering event for Forgotten Realms
Report results and influence outcome
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bakra Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 19:07:01
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Sundering.aspx

This link shows the map in the product....and it is the long delayed Sundering mini-website.
Thanks for that link, Bakra. I like how you can zoom in on the map an get the details to (some of the) locations.

Netheril starting a war, eh? Well, this should be interesting.

You’re welcome.
I found this interesting : “The intermingling of worlds brought about by the Spellplague also comes to an end, as what belongs to Abeir returns to Abeir, leaving the Forgotten Realms looking much as it did before.”

So a native Torilian Dhrakar (dragonborn) returns to Tymanther only to find Unther?
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 16:21:57
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

This link shows the map in the product....and it is the long delayed Sundering mini-website.
Thanks for that link, Bakra. I like how you can zoom in on the map an get the details to (some of the) locations.

Netheril starting a war, eh? Well, this should be interesting.
Bakra Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 15:34:40

Caladan Brood Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 09:50:06
That map! It shows the bridge! :-)
Marco Volo Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 08:54:02
The question is : what is on the other side of the screen ?
Bakra Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 16:59:55
The latest play-test packet (August) contains a supplement for this product. Yes it contains spoilers for those who want to play the game. Also, it has an interesting spoiler for old school Baldur Gates fans.
Dark Wizard Posted - 04 Aug 2013 : 04:34:35
If the price is right, it might be worth getting for the maps and art depicting scenery and structures. The latter especially since I feel FR has focused on art depicting figures (and specifically on novel characters) in the past.
George Krashos Posted - 03 Aug 2013 : 23:59:54
I'll reserve judgment, but that sure looks like the wide open spaces of the 4E format.

-- George Krashos
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 03 Aug 2013 : 20:59:53
Dude...that looks awesome!
Plaguescarred Posted - 03 Aug 2013 : 20:51:05
Matt Sernett got his author's copy of Murder In Baldur's Gate and shared a a photo of the book and DM screen:

@Sernett Got my author copies of Murder in Baldur's Gate today! It looks awesome! #ForgottenRealms #DnD pic.twitter.com/esXVdK0pWw
Bakra Posted - 17 Jun 2013 : 15:00:51
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

I kind of figured it would be the code in the back of the adventure. I don't think of that as a cheap trick. Each copy of the adventure gets effectively one vote. I think that will reduce false results rather than increase them. $35 dollars to fake a vote is pretty expensive.

A player only gets a vote if they participate in a D&D Encounters sessions which are held at a WPN approved local hobby shop, bookstore, or comic shop. They haven't made any announcements on home games being allowed to vote.
Irennan Posted - 16 Jun 2013 : 19:11:31
I said 'cheap' because it could lead people who are disappointed with the 4e FR and that would like their opinion to be considered, to pay even before they actually got to see what WotC wants to do with the setting.

Besides if someone can't play the game but is still interested in the setting, (s)he will not be able to 'vote', unless (s)he buys something that will hardly be used. These people would be effectively cut out
Tarlyn Posted - 16 Jun 2013 : 18:13:19
I kind of figured it would be the code in the back of the adventure. I don't think of that as a cheap trick. Each copy of the adventure gets effectively one vote. I think that will reduce false results rather than increase them. $35 dollars to fake a vote is pretty expensive.
Irennan Posted - 16 Jun 2013 : 17:59:16
I wonder how they will prevent people from ''cheating'' (submitting multiple feedback). I only hope that they won't do something like putting a code on the copies of the adventure, which will be needed to contribute. That could be some cheap trick for easy sales...
Tarlyn Posted - 16 Jun 2013 : 17:50:48
I am just hoping that the story effecting event of this is not the PCs having a chance to prevent Bhaal's ascension. If I was playing as a player I would want to lose for the benefit of the setting. As DM, I would be gunning for the players for the benefit of future products.
deserk Posted - 16 Jun 2013 : 17:45:00
I'm guessing it's a safe bet Bhaal's returning. Which is great.

Albeit, it is kind of annoying that they have to kill gods in the first place and revive them a few years later. Feels kind of like exploiting the consumers.

Then again I want back all the dead gods, and for WotC to stop killing 'em.

Very nice cover art btw too. Wish there was a larger version of the picture.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000