Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Old Books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Aug 2009 : 19:47:53
Hey all, randal here, just recently had a chance to read the Giantcraft book for FR and i was wondering how many of the other sages out their have read this book and/or used it in their game?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
freyar Posted - 05 Aug 2009 : 14:38:54
No problem, always trying to promote the Creature Catalog! I think we're down under 900 critters to go --- amazing how many monsters there are in D&D.
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 16:06:52
Ah. That was actually the site I was thinking of. Thanks Freyar.
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 16:05:58
Wow thanks alot guys, and all that is exactly why i like these boards :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 16:04:12
quote:
Originally posted by freyar

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

K odd question completly not dealing with the subject at hand (though i am curious if anybody has any old school books they found particularly useful) Is their a list of all the 2nd edition monsters that were officially converted to 3.X? im just wondering, working on something and it would help.

You might want to perform a search over on the EN World boards. I seem to recall something like this being posted there.

You might try Echohawk's Complete D&D Monster Index, which has just about every D&D monster ever, including all updates and versions. You can also check the list of unconverted creatures in the "General Monster Talk" forum of the ENWorld Creature Catalog forums (I'd link, but ENWorld is super-slow these days); that forum is near the bottom of the forum list, and the thread you want is a sticky. In any case, over at the CC, we're trying to get every older-edition monster converted to 3.X.

That's an impressive bit of work, on both counts... I'm going to add both links to my list of pre-formatted and ready to post here links.
freyar Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 15:22:59
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

K odd question completly not dealing with the subject at hand (though i am curious if anybody has any old school books they found particularly useful) Is their a list of all the 2nd edition monsters that were officially converted to 3.X? im just wondering, working on something and it would help.

You might want to perform a search over on the EN World boards. I seem to recall something like this being posted there.

You might try Echohawk's Complete D&D Monster Index, which has just about every D&D monster ever, including all updates and versions. You can also check the list of unconverted creatures in the "General Monster Talk" forum of the ENWorld Creature Catalog forums (I'd link, but ENWorld is super-slow these days); that forum is near the bottom of the forum list, and the thread you want is a sticky. In any case, over at the CC, we're trying to get every older-edition monster converted to 3.X.
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 00:58:03
quote:

The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 00:57:16
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Sage mentioned in a recent discussion that he is quite fond of this one.

Aye.

It's one of only a few worthwhile sources for Giant-related Realmslore. And, like Kuje, it's a tome that I often refer to when I've the opportunity to explore Giant lore in my Realms.
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Aug 2009 : 21:03:27
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Aug 2009 : 20:18:06
Cool i was just checking, Reading through it and i really enjoy the lore it gives for giants and Giant kin in the book. For a while now i really wasn't sure how to effectively portray giants except for the small amount ive read in the MM, with this it really helps me understand them better.

Just wanted to put that out their :).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Aug 2009 : 20:03:49
Sage mentioned in a recent discussion that he is quite fond of this one.
Kuje Posted - 03 Aug 2009 : 19:55:45
quote:

Hey all, randal here, just recently had a chance to read the Giantcraft book for FR and i was wondering how many of the other sages out their have read this book and/or used it in their game?

I have on and off for certain references and or lore to sprinkle into my games when it's needed. :) But then I've basically used most of the old FR material at one point or another and I've read through every sourcebook of the old material, again, at one point or another.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000