Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Crypt of the Moaning Diamond: Chapters 16 - 20

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 02 Nov 2007 : 15:49:49
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Book 4 of the Dungeons series), by Rosemary Jones. Please discuss chapters 16 - 20 herein.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tremaine Posted - 31 May 2010 : 14:09:52
Sanval v the rust monster was just a brilliant scene, ah poor Sanvel and his gleaming polish armour
Kyrene Posted - 13 Jun 2008 : 07:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Heh, I enjoyed the bugbears, myself.

What really sticks out in my mind though (and I think this fits in between Chapters 16-20) is Sanval confronting a RUST MONSTER of all things! Of all monsters he got stuck with, it was that one, to some rather humorous results (not humorous to Sanval, of course).

I have to echo this. The rust mosnter scene was the highlight of this book for me. And of course it had to happen to Sanval. When it crawled out, I laughed out loud, and chuckled as I described what I thought would happen to my wife. And thank all the little and big gods and godesses it happened exactly like that. Having to bludgeon the poor rusty to death with his 'good' boot just made it all that more entertaining. And, for goodness sake, what is a dungeon romp without a rusty to put the fear of the gods into a well armoured frontline fighter? Sanval losing his 'cool' during the bludgeoning was just the icing.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Feb 2008 : 21:21:49
Heh, I enjoyed the bugbears, myself.

What really sticks out in my mind though (and I think this fits in between Chapters 16-20) is Sanval confronting a RUST MONSTER of all things! Of all monsters he got stuck with, it was that one, to some rather humorous results (not humorous to Sanval, of course).
Braveheart Posted - 23 Jan 2008 : 11:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart

Well that perspective certainly adds to Salvatore's view of monsters being more than silly monsters. A very enjoyable book so far

Trust me, we don't get into the tortured love lives of destrachans. Even I draw the line there!

Rosemary

Who knows, perhaps monsters are monsters because their wives at home are so terrible und dominant?
Rosemary Jones Posted - 23 Jan 2008 : 05:12:35
quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart

Well that perspective certainly adds to Salvatore's view of monsters being more than silly monsters. A very enjoyable book so far

Trust me, we don't get into the tortured love lives of destrachans. Even I draw the line there!

Rosemary
Braveheart Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 10:25:03
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

The bugbear poets are an inspiration; truly Ed-worthy!

Not to mention how they fretted over how they looked to females.
Too funny Ms. Jones!

Seattle, home of the grunge movement and a lot of slam poetry. It seemed natural. Besides the brothers just grew on me and kept demanding more page time. And then some of my early readers of this manuscript kept asking "but what about the bugbears?" So more scenes in the end.

I like to think that the Big O went on to find many females interested in his poetry. He's such an easygoing bugbear. Norimgic has a much more tortured outlook on life and will probably end up singing sad songs somewhere and wearing lots of black.

Rosemary Jones Posted - 02 Jan 2008 : 01:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Too funny Ms. Jones!

Seattle, home of the grunge movement and a lot of slam poetry. It seemed natural. Besides the brothers just grew on me and kept demanding more page time. And then some of my early readers of this manuscript kept asking "but what about the bugbears?" So more scenes in the end.

I like to think that the Big O went on to find many females interested in his poetry. He's such an easygoing bugbear. Norimgic has a much more tortured outlook on life and will probably end up singing sad songs somewhere and wearing lots of black.

The Red Walker Posted - 22 Dec 2007 : 03:54:20
quote:

Too funny Ms. Jones!
Ozzalum Posted - 22 Dec 2007 : 02:49:13

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000