Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 4th ed Moonstar Info - 'Blackstaff Tower' spoilers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arion Elenim Posted - 27 Sep 2008 : 06:44:07
Is there a book out yet mentioning the fate of the Moonstars after the 'Plague?

Mod Edit: Added a spoiler tag for Blackstaff Tower.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 15:16:54
quote:
Originally posted by Ikki

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Not a non-believer, a skeptic. There's a difference.

hehe, first learning swedish.. then finnish and after that english and german pretty much simoultaneously.

Ach so schwer.

Understood--I hope I've helped you a bit.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 15:16:13
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Very much so, Lyrna, thanks for noticing.

You're welcome.

quote:
In any case, yes, Malchor's a disappointment in that we may never get the chance to do more with him (as I'm unsure as to his status in the current Realms, other than his all-too-human status in the 14th century). He had great potential and a lot of stories in him; hopefully people's games have made use of him.

Count me in as someone who would love to see more of Malchor, if possible.
Ikki Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 07:32:29
quote:

hehe, first learning swedish.. then finnish and after that english and german pretty much simoultaneously.

Ach so schwer.
Arion Elenim Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 00:05:32
Blast you Mr. Schend for your hoarding of knowledge!!!

Oh well, it's for a good cause...I s'pose. Course now as a writer I ACTUALLY have to come with some things on my own. Life is hard.

Steven Schend Posted - 30 Sep 2008 : 21:29:28
quote:

quote:

Atleast malchor knew, but didnt believe.. "his greatest pupil, and biggest nonbeliever" or some such..

Very much so, Lyrna, thanks for noticing.

Yeah, Khelben and Malchor had a very interesting dynamic as I read it, and I'm sorry I never got to do much with it. I'm curious as to The Hooded One's or Ed's takes on Malchor, as much of my understanding of him came from the printed material and not memory or gaming encounters with the character. (And as you can tell, I had more fun playing with his apprentice as a character anyways.)

In any case, yes, Malchor's a disappointment in that we may never get the chance to do more with him (as I'm unsure as to his status in the current Realms, other than his all-too-human status in the 14th century). He had great potential and a lot of stories in him; hopefully people's games have made use of him.

Steven
who's enjoying this thread but doesn't want to quash discussions by answering the questions and seeing where you folks want to go with things....
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Sep 2008 : 21:01:51
quote:

Atleast malchor knew, but didnt believe.. "his greatest pupil, and biggest nonbeliever" or some such..

Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Sep 2008 : 15:59:58
quote:

Without Khelben around, I'm thinking Malchor would have slowly drifted away from the group.
Ikki Posted - 30 Sep 2008 : 08:24:03
Arion Elenim Posted - 27 Sep 2008 : 16:07:23
Well Rupert, that definitely touches on the storyline I'm currently writing for my next short story. Great minds think alike, so goeth the cliche'.

:)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Sep 2008 : 14:29:17
Well, only Khelben knew what their ultimate goal was. Tsarra had access to that knowledge, but we don't know that she ever acted on it. The fact that the Tel'Teukiira weren't around for Blackstaff Tower shows that either the various Blackstaffs after Khelben let the organization collapse, or that maybe the purpose for which they were found was dealt with.

It's quite possible that after Tsarra, the other Blackstaffs didn't see what the point was, and/or didn't believe the prophecy, so they let the Moonstars fold.

It could be an interesting campaign for 4E to revisit this idea: the sitting Blackstaff finds out the original prophecy, and realizes she has to do what Khelben did to work against it. The Moonstars she recruited as personal agents become the first members of the reborn Tel'Teukiira, and they start rebuilding and doing various things with the ultimate goal that Khelben had. The PCs are recruited, and over the course of the campaign, wind up being groomed to actually be the ones that do whatever the Moonstars were originally supposed to do.

Oh, and a final possibility (the one I consider most likely): Some time after Khelben's death, control of the Moonstars passed to someone other than the sitting Blackstaff (most likely, someone in Rhymanthiin). The organization has gone even more underground than before, but is still around. Because control shifted away from the Blackstaff at some point, newer Blackstaffs have not -- at least initially -- known about the organization. In this scenario, Vajra may one day be surprised when the real Moonstars come knocking on the door.
Ikki Posted - 27 Sep 2008 : 12:41:51
A little weird if they disbanded, unless mintiper, mistmaster, and half of the harpells went under aswell.
Or for that matter, the fourth reader, and some others.. while maybe not chief type persons should be good indians, who afterall make up the majorioty of a successful tribe ;)

Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 27 Sep 2008 : 08:20:11
I think they disbanded, just like the Harpers. But whereas the latter were rebuilt, the former were not since there was no longer a mastermind supporting the idea with Khelben gone.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000