Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Col. Mustard, in the Study, with the vorpal sword

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Nov 2008 : 06:54:45
Yes folks, it's the board game we've all been waiting for -- D&D Clue!

quote:
Was it Tordek the Dwarf Fighter with the Flaming Battle Axe in the Library of Arcane Tomes? Or maybe it was Lidda the Halfling Rogue with the Dagger of Venom in the Magical Armory? Or perhaps Nebin the Gnome Wizard with the Mace of Disruption in the Chamber of Tricks & Traps?

I'm not talented enough to make up something that goofy. I may have to buy it, though!

How long until Waterdeep Monopoly comes out? And how would Battleship get translated to D&D terms? "You sank my white dragon!"

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jun 2013 : 19:51:16
Fair enough.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 03 Jun 2013 : 18:36:52
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

ThinkGeek says they'll have it back in stock in 1-3 weeks, for the $40 price tag.

Eh, just thought I'd find it on Amazon for the sake of confirming whether or not it still was on Amazon.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jun 2013 : 04:12:31
ThinkGeek says they'll have it back in stock in 1-3 weeks, for the $40 price tag.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 03 Jun 2013 : 04:02:42
Found it on Amazon US; only one copy left.

http://www.amazon.com/USAopoly-None-Clue-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/B000YMP75C/ref=sr_1_15?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1370228525&sr=1-15&keywords=D%26D+Clue
Markustay Posted - 24 May 2013 : 22:02:47
I SO need this.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 May 2013 : 21:22:40
Thread necromancy!

It took me a while to dig up this thread... It didn't help that I didn't recall the title!

Amazon may no longer have this game, but ThinkGeek, that wonderful repository of geeky goodies, does!
ranger_of_the_unicorn_run Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 04:38:48
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Ah, sorry... I misread that at first, and thought you meant you only wanted it if it was post-Spellpolague. I don't think I'd buy something like that, unless that did a nice, new map for the thing.

Anyway, I tried hunting this down everywhere for Christmas and couldn't find it. The kid at Toys 'R' us even tried to tell me it doesn't exist.

I guess he figures if they don't sell it, no-one does. Found Harry Potter Clue, though.

Maybe its something you can only get online, or from a LGS.

No, it went out of print so you can pretty much only find it if someone else is selling theirs. The one I found on Amazon was $255 so it will probably be difficult to find one that isn't really expensive.
Markustay Posted - 24 Dec 2008 : 15:12:49
Ah, sorry... I misread that at first, and thought you meant you only wanted it if it was post-Spellpolague. I don't think I'd buy something like that, unless that did a nice, new map for the thing.

Anyway, I tried hunting this down everywhere for Christmas and couldn't find it. The kid at Toys 'R' us even tried to tell me it doesn't exist.

I guess he figures if they don't sell it, no-one does. Found Harry Potter Clue, though.

Maybe its something you can only get online, or from a LGS.
Jakk Posted - 24 Dec 2008 : 07:15:35
quote:

I believe you meant pre-Spellplague, but I could be wrong.

Nope... I would much prefer pre-Spellplague, but I might even consider buying FR Risk if it is otherwise, which is more than likely if it even gets done... but we have LotR Risk, so it's possible...
Lord Karsus Posted - 22 Dec 2008 : 21:03:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

*waits for Dagnirion*

-Osse. Happy? The things I do, the things I do...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Dec 2008 : 20:57:35
quote:

I always thought the actual name "Osse" was a bit of a joke as a matter of fact...

Me too: Osse, Aussie.
ranger_of_the_unicorn_run Posted - 22 Dec 2008 : 03:26:27
Y'know, D&D clue is actually out of print. We've been looking for it ever since they first started advertising it a few years ago and never found it. I haven't even been able to find it on the internet for a price that is anywhere within the realms of reasonable.
The Sage Posted - 21 Dec 2008 : 22:54:27
quote:

I could just see Osse becoming te new Australia.

I don't.

Aside from a few obvious examples in the Lady of Poison novel, I wouldn't say that Osse is a direct translation of, or heavily influenced by, Australian Aborigine culture -- Gunggari's mannerisms aside [as well as his dizheri], the supposed "ways" of the Osse people could very well be associated with many other examples of Polynesian tribal cultures.

I always thought the actual name "Osse" was a bit of a joke as a matter of fact...

*waits for Dagnirion*

Markustay Posted - 21 Dec 2008 : 16:56:10
I believe you meant pre-Spellplague, but I could be wrong.

One of the things that got me into Risk long ago (I won 1st place at a con once) was the beautiful map.. and I really don't think the 4e one would have consumers sleeping on the sidewalk to get a copy, like they did Tickle me Elmo.

Maybe I'll apply my skills to that little project someday - once the world map is done. I'm thinking NEXT Christamas, realistically...

I could just see Osse becoming te new Australia.
Jakk Posted - 21 Dec 2008 : 05:36:10
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

P.S. And dude, I would SO buy a Waterdeep monopoly.

No, no, no...

Risk: Faerūn would be the ultimate game-board experience.

Ooh, I'd buy both of them!

<snip>

As would I, even if the gameboard for Risk: Faerūn is post-Sellplague... they might be the only good FR products we see from Wizbro. I'm still having visions of Waterdeep Monopoly: "Castle Waterdeep" and "Piergeiron's Palace" for "Boardwalk" and "Park Place" would be my first thoughts.

I'm really glad I missed this scroll when it first appeared; I was too worked up over non-publication of lore at that time to enjoy something like this. I'm in a much happier place now, or I was until I read about theories regarding 5e in another scroll somewhere...

Edit: This was an entirely appropriate scroll for me to hit post #500. Yay for me!
Tyranthraxus Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 15:12:12
I saw the game a days ago on marktplaats (sort of dutch ebay), but the person selling it never replyed. I love the miniatures that are included ^^
Neil Bishop Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 10:31:30
Risk: Realms. Oh, please, sign me up right now. C'mon, Hasbro, you have some great properties now you just need to get creative...! ;)
Lord Karsus Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 00:23:03
-The closest thing to a MMORPG in the Forgotten Realms would be an online Neverwinter Nights server thing. I'll admit, I've never actually played one online, or downloaded one from online (my modem was always slow when I had the game installed), so I don't have personal experience, but I can vouch that, according to others, some are pretty good.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 00:16:39
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Real Time, then. A Real Time Forgotten Realms game would be pretty cool.

Agreed.

I like the suggestion of Realms Risk--that would be killer. I'm neutral as regards the whole Risk thing, but I played LotR Risk one day and was positively hooked, snagged, and gutted.

If they did something real time (like D&D Online for the Realms, rather than Eberron), well . . . that would be pretty cool. I would have starved long, long ago.

Cheers
Lord Karsus Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 17:03:38
-Real Time, then. A Real Time Forgotten Realms game would be pretty cool.
Markustay Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 02:21:28
Buying comic books and 'toy soldiers' doesn't make you a child... it just makes you a nerd.

And I'm damn proud of it.

Now which way to that Star Trek convention.....
The Sage Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 23:43:01
quote:

What I said there was that the prospect of new maps excite me, not you in particular, but Sage's suggestion touched in me in ways men shouldn't touch other men.
I'm a man? Cool.

The Sage:- "My Lady Love, you know how you're always saying I'm still a boy at heart because of all the toys and comics I buy?"
Lady K:- "What mindless prattling are you bothering me with now Sage?"
The Sage:- "Well, that's not true any longer. Look at what Markustay at Candlekeep said."

Brynweir Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 19:35:08
I have to agree that turn-based is on the way out. My husband and daughter play Age of Mythology and were upset to find out that to play together on DS it was turn-based. I don't play any of that so I'm pretty clueless about turn-based vs RTS - I know what they mean but it doesn't mean anything to me .

Get D&D Trivial Pursuit and I'm there!
Markustay Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 19:24:21
Starcraft is RTS (Real Time Strategy), whereas the three I mentioned there (all excellent in their own way) are turn-based.

As much as I enjoyed Warcraft's I & II, I couldn't get through all of Warcraft III. I'm getting too old to keep track of thirty things simultaneously. Unfortunately, turn-based is becoming a thing of the past (much like me, I suppose...)
Lord Karsus Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 18:58:15
-I just want credit where credit is due.

-That said, a Forgotten Realms version of Heroes of Might and Magic would indeed be fun. Or, a Forgotten Realms version of Starcraft (whatever that genre is called, I don't know).
Markustay Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 18:48:59
I don't know - I was a HUGE Diplomacy fan back in the day, but I don't know how I'd feel about translating that to FR. It could be very easily done - all you'd need is a map - but then it would just feel like Diplomacy with a different map (and not a Realms game).

How about D&D Chutes and Ladders? I know that is silly as hell, but it would help to introduce younger children to the D&D experience, and the theme of the game lends itself to a Dungeon VERY nicely. Maybe call it Trapdoors and Stairwells.

quote:

quote:

Congratualtions Sage... you are very first male to ever to ever make me sport... errr... my excitement.

-I beg to differ:

Me: That would sound interesting, interactive Flash maps.
You: Yup - I get... excited... over any maps...perhaps a little TOO excited...
Me: Need a moist towelette? Combining Flash animation to be able to zoom in/out, and adjust different time frames would be the ultimate map.
You: ...
Soooooo... you want the very dubious honor of exciting me?

What I said there was that the prospect of new maps excite me, not you in particular, but Sage's suggestion touched in me in ways men shouldn't touch other men.

Of course, I could easily make a Risk FR map and use the LotR Risk pieces and rules (for the most part - I'd have to replace the 'One Ring' with a similar concept). I would just want something a little grander, though, with more unit-types.

Actually, what I would really want is a computer game for FR along the lines of Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders, or Lords of Magic. Different Factions able to build different units and take-over surrounding regions would be oh-so cool.

I can see it now - you'd have to research theology and Arcane Knowledge to build a Temple of Mystra, just so you could upgrade your Hero units to 'Chosen'.

Now I'm getting myself excited... maybe I should go back to building custom scenarios and maps for HOMM.
Brynweir Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 17:02:01
Risk: Faerun would be a must have since my husband has managed to buy every other available version of that game already.

I could so see myself playing D&D Clue and even Waterdeep Monopoly...

What about FR version of Diplomacy?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 02:46:21
quote:

Yes folks, it's the board game we've all been waiting for -- D&D Clue!

quote:
Was it Tordek the Dwarf Fighter with the Flaming Battle Axe in the Library of Arcane Tomes? Or maybe it was Lidda the Halfling Rogue with the Dagger of Venom in the Magical Armory? Or perhaps Nebin the Gnome Wizard with the Mace of Disruption in the Chamber of Tricks & Traps?

I'm not talented enough to make up something that goofy. I may have to buy it, though!

How long until Waterdeep Monopoly comes out? And how would Battleship get translated to D&D terms? "You sank my white dragon!"

Very cute, although I was never too keen on the so-called "Iconic 3E D&D characters", or whatever they were called.

I would play it.
Lord Karsus Posted - 29 Nov 2008 : 23:55:58
quote:

Hmmm... I might take a look through those archives anyway, and see what I can find.

-On nothing related to this point of the thread at all, it is amusing to, every once and a while, flip through the archives (which are somewhat hazardous to navigate, mind you, so be forewarned. The stark colors and plain text sometimes makes it hard to "translate" conversations, especially when quoting others) and see the stuff that we were discussing and doing last year, the year before, and so on. Because of the problems that WotC had/has with their storage mainframes, from earlier this year, coupled with the smooshing of the FR section from six different areas, to one, then to two, and then to three, a lot of everything has been lost. The original section that the original six were smooshed in to, which is now the Forgotten Realms: Realmslore section, only has threads dating back to late '07/early '07, sadly.
The Sage Posted - 29 Nov 2008 : 23:16:25
quote:

quote:

Risk: Faerūn would be the ultimate game-board experience.

-I tried looking for it, when someone mentioned something about it a week or two ago, but I couldn't find the Faerūn Risk map that I made. The thread that I created it on has been archived, and the WotC archives are big (and incomplete) and I don't know what ever became of that map. Suffice to say, I don't have it saved on my computer or my photobucket account...

Hmmm... I might take a look through those archives anyway, and see what I can find.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000