Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The wise mongoose Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 21:38:13
Hello,
I'm mongoose. I fist got introduced to forgotten realms by pure luck. I ordered The silmarillion from Barns and Nobels, but they sent me the wrong package. I found myself supplied with a copy of homeland as most of you know im sure, the first Drizzt book. I read that book and became mystified. The following day I went out and purchased all of Rob Salvatore's books and had knocked them off in a few days. Ever since then I have not been able to stop either reading the books over again,playing IceWind Dale or wishing I lived in Ice wind dale or the edificant library. I have even gone so far as to call my cat Guenhwyvar. I don't tell my family this because they think im cracked as it is. I guess I can't blame them either since I spend hours at a time reading up in my room. Well theres a quick intro of myself I'll cya guys in the forums.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Drummer Boy Posted - 12 Apr 2003 : 16:32:00
Welcome to the Forums, Mongoose. I see your story of how you got started with the Realms is quite interesting, so if you want to read more about how others got started, there is a scroll about it somewhere around here...
Artalis Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 11:07:17
*walks in looking dejected, mumbles "Lost my watch, sorry 'bout that"

Um Welcome to Candlekeep Wise Mongoose, Enjoy your stay.

Artalis
zemd Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 11:05:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

::Wanders off muttering "I must get hold of Artlis to aquire one of those pocket watch type things!"::

It seems that Artalis losted it watch for that one
Alaundo Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 08:00:57
Well Met

Well I really am late this time Ahem...er...welcome to Candlekeep wise mongoose, I see my fellow Scribes here have made you welcome and I trust shown you to your desk

Enjoy your stay, I hope you learn much from within these walls.

::Wanders off muttering "I must get hold of Artlis to aquire one of those pocket watch type things!"::
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 03:29:31
*come scurrying into this part of the library* Jeez...I'm late!!

Well met and welcome Mongoose! Please feel free to make yourself at home within these walls. If you ever need anything, feel free to ask.
Salius Kai Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 01:51:20
Welcome, The wise mongoose, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

THeres nothing wrong with being an FR addict. I think many of us here are guilty of that. I know I am.
Bookwyrm Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 01:33:52
Don't worry about it, Mongoose, most of us here are librophiles too. I know I am, and I've had periods of fanaticism and single-mindedness over many a thing in much the same way as you. (Just ask Sadon and Elph!) As for my cat, well, I don't have one. But if I did, I'd have to get several, with all the cat-hero names from books. Guenhwyvar is one, Nimitz another . . . I could go on and on.

Anyway, welcome to Candlekeep. I hope you can assauge that thirst of yours here, as you read and talk about the lands you love so much. Stop by the Inn for a drink, if you wish, or just stay in the library where it's nice and quiet. Oh, and read a particular scroll, called Origin of Members' Names (Take Two); perhaps you would like to contribute.

And I'm sure you can get rid off any snakes-in-the-grass lying around . . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Alexis Merlin

P.S. A Mongoose is a type of animal, Zemd. (Though no doubt Bookwyrm will be along shortly to give us a complete dictionary definition together with habitats, feeding habits and a link to a suitable picture )

Oy, don't put so much pressure on me! Besides, Branmakmuffin stole my info. (The plagarist! )
branmakmuffin Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 23:35:48
Welcome to Candlekeep, Wise Mongoose.

zemd:
quote:
Welcome wise mongoose... (can someone explain me what a mongoose is?)
Don't hesitate to ask questions (and answer of course ) you can't even begin to imagine how much you can learn here

Dictionary.com: mongoose, Any of various Old World carnivorous mammals of the genus Herpestes and related genera, having a slender agile body and a long tail and noted for the ability to seize and kill venomous snakes.

French is (according to my French-English dictionary) mangouste.

Targon Moonrise Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 23:35:31
Welcome mongoose! You sound kinda like somebody I'd like. I love to read but I don't think I've ever gone that crazy about reading. Hope you enjoy yourself in Candlekeep and keep yourself on good terms with the oldest scribes.
Avaly Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 23:15:46
Hail and Honor,
Welcome to Candlekeep! Please sit back, read a tome, talk with the scribes, or have some ale at the Inn. Where ever you decide to put up your feet, you should find what you are looking for. Again, welcome.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Alexis Merlin Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 22:56:24
Welcome to Candlekeep Mongoose! I hope that your stay here is a pleasant and fruitful one...and of course be sure to join us in the Candlekeep Inn for a drink or two....

P.S. A Mongoose is a type of animal, Zemd. (Though no doubt Bookwyrm will be along shortly to give us a complete dictionary definition together with habitats, feeding habits and a link to a suitable picture )
zemd Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 22:17:21
Welcome wise mongoose... (can someone explain me what a mongoose is?)
Don't hesitate to ask questions (and answer of course ) you can't even begin to imagine how much you can learn here
Yasraena Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 21:52:14
Greetings Mongoose. Ahhhhh! A fellow FR fanatic I see. This is good considering where you are!
Seriously, welcome to Candlekeep. I think you'll find there is much more here to whet your appetite for all things FR than just Drizzt and Cadderly (although you couldn't have picked better caharcaters to start with!)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask the scribes. They are helpful when approached nicely!
May you find what you are looking for here.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000