Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Bookwyrm?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Frey Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 22:11:50
Shakespeare (sp?) wrote "what's in a name" (among other things) ...

It seems kinda funny a member with such a name can be welcome here
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 06:43:12
quote:
Originally posted by Elminster

/me casts a powerful Level 9 shape change and joins the ranks of hidden dragons in Candle keep

Wanabe.

[Stays in human form, so as to be able to turn the pages of the tome he is currently perusing.]
Elminster Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 06:34:31
/me casts a powerful Level 9 shape change and joins the ranks of hidden dragons in Candle keep

*runs off to go find some GOLD
Creataceous Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 04:37:08
Ah, the lightning of elucidation strikes, leaving no residue of ozone nor scarred retina's, just the amusing expressions of enlightenment that twist the feature's of manking far too rarely.
Bookwyrm Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 03:29:17
Actually, Artalis, Zemd, the name you're referring to is "bookworm" -- my nick is Bookwyrm. I chose this name because it's a play on words. Wyrm and worm sound almost the same, but wyrm is actually a Middle English word meaning dragon. Personally, I love puns and plays on words -- which is why I like things like Asterix (no, Zemd, I don't read it in the original French).
Artalis Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 21:04:41
Nowadays it is, but originally it was a bug that had a particular liking for parchment I believe.

It is that meaning which Frey was referring to but you are not wrong Zemd. I believe that was the one that Bookwyrm was thinking of when he created the profile.
zemd Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 20:56:45
I thought Bookwyrm was the equivalent we have in France: Rat de Bibliotheque (Library's rat)
It someone who read a lot
Ranaghar Tsaran Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 14:05:59
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Yes, I am a dragon.

Hah...alas I know the truth. I was very curious of it, but didn't dare to ask.
I bow to you
Lost Elph Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:43:41
somethimes i get so weird
i even freak myself out
i laugh to sleep its my lullaby........ohk thats it for singing to day....and i`m not always this hyper....soo....ya ohk *sits back into chair and falls off again* fine i`ll just sit on the floor today
Bookwyrm Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:26:38
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Elph

ya sorry but i had three pops today and i`ve my tea with me now so i`m like really hyper....

-_-; Since when aren't you? And yes, I do; both nature and I abhor vacuums.
Bookwyrm Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:19:54
[Bows]

Why thank you. Actually, I like this name so much, I use it whenever I can, and have for several years.

However, I know for certain that there's a Bookwyrm on AIM, so don't assume it's me if you see this name someplace else.
Lost Elph Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:19:29
*falls out of chair* ow....hehehehehe....ya ....Bookwyrm is the name he uses for every thing!!! hehehehehe.....ahhhh....ya sorry but i had three pops today and i`ve my tea with me now so i`m like really hyper....
Bookwyrm:ya you hoard knoledge on msn you sometimes have too smack some of that in to my head.....
Salius Kai Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 00:59:12
Wow, how odd. I've seen your posts all over the place but never really paid any attantion to the Wyrm in BookWyrm. How clever
Ditalidas Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 22:23:10
*Ditalidas appears from the shadows and starts talking in a hushed tone*

Not the only Dragon? No... I'm pretty sure of another Dragon roaming between these walls... in disguise... Maybe there are even more...

*Ditalidas pulls the hood of her cape over her eyes and dissapears again in the shadows of the next hallway.*
Bookwyrm Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 22:16:42
Ah, my polymorph spell has been seen through . . . . Yes, I am a dragon. But instead of gold, I hoard knoledge and stories, and share them with others . . . . But surely you've noticed I'm not the only dragon within these walls?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000