Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello Again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Farénoch Posted - 19 Jun 2004 : 02:04:40
In response to criticisms of my original post I thought I'd chip in a little to my defense.

When I said 'REAL Fantasy'( and yes I did type it in caps) it was, of course, my personal opinion. I thought that was pretty much self-evident, though, the use of caps (when I am particularly passionate about something was regrettable. It wasn't to say that FR was not real' just not in relation to my thoughts. This was just a slight mark of hubris, thats all.

When it came to the forum misuse, I just thought that since it's a place to discuss D&D books why not criticize them?

I honestly don't understand this obsession. Thats all. I could have handeled my post more deftly, true, but what's past is past. I am not a troll! I see that I am not wanted around here so I will calmly back off and ask you to please not make a big deal of this.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Jun 2004 : 07:39:46
I find it odd that this has been deleted, though I certainly can't second-guess the moderator without ever having seen the article in question. Personally, I welcome arguement like this simply for the sake of its newness. Normally, I only hear about how D&D is evil and Satanic.

So since I've pretty much defeated every "evil and Satanic" arguement that's been used against me, I'd like to try my hand at this. If nothing else, Farénoch, you can always email me.
Talwyn Posted - 19 Jun 2004 : 03:50:20
Hey there Farenoch.

I'm new here too and would like to say that you shouldn't feel that you have to retire to the shadows. Constructive criticism is always valid I think.
We all make mistakes from time to time but as long as you've learned from it, that's the important thing.
I was a bit too enthusiastic over at the CandleKeep Inn (RP) but these guys are a fairly forgiving and understanding lot. Anyway, hope to see you about.

Be well
Tethtoril Posted - 19 Jun 2004 : 03:45:02
Farenoch you are more than welcome to this forum.

It is nice to have chats with individuals who have differing opinions. We only ask that you keep it relevant to the topics and scrolls which have come before and will doubtless come after.

I know I would like to read your opinions as to why the Realms do not intrigue you. As I am sure there are other scribes who would as well and then again there are still more who would enjoy a friendly debate to try and sway you into seeing why they are so intrigued. I find it all fascinating. And I ask that you do not allow one uprising to dampen your enthusiasm.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jun 2004 : 03:17:30
No one ever said that your presence was unwanted.

If you have problems with specific aspects of the Forgotten Realms setting, then by all means, feel free to discuss them. We just ask that these discussions remain focused, reasonable, and non-inflammatory. After all, some of us are just as passionate about our enjoyment of this setting.

Having said all that... Welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000