Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome Back, Lady Sage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bookwyrm Posted - 19 May 2004 : 08:17:11
I see you've brightened these halls again, Lady Kazandra. Mind telling us what foul minion of darkness kept you away, so that we may launch a crusade against him?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RogueAssassin Posted - 26 May 2004 : 02:17:45
Lady K it is very good to see you here in the Keep once again. My absence from the keep made me worry much more considering i knew very little about what had happened to you. I Hope you feel much better soon.

Sage... you seem to be quite the hero.
::Raises a Glass to Sage::
Here Here!

-The Rogue
Fireheart Posted - 26 May 2004 : 00:09:47
I'm sorry this is so late, but welcome back, Lady K. I am glad to see you were been blessed with no lasting injury.

And what a wonderful, quick-thinking friend to have in The Sage.

~Fireheart
Lina Posted - 24 May 2004 : 10:32:20
Glad to hear you're feeling better Lady K. Compensation can be tough. I'm not at all surprised to hear that the driver got off easily. Punishment in Australia for breaking the law is like a slap on the wrist. A guy who used to work for Telstra stole $60,000 and all he got was 6 months in a minimum security prison with his own room, tv and playstation. He didn't even have to repay what he stole!!
Sarta Posted - 21 May 2004 : 10:16:46
Lady K,

We're so glad that you are back and weren't hurt more than you were!

With regard to the itching thing, those bamboo backscratchers work pretty well if you can get them inside your cast. Otherwise, you may want to look into using the end of a fishing pole that can be disassembled.

The worst case of itching and broken bones I've seen was a fellow river guide who drove off the very narrow cycling path we had up at the river. He broke his femur after rolling through an enormous patch of poison oak in shorts. So, he not only had to deal with the cast, but a rather severe case of poison oak underneath it.

Fortunately, I'm seemingly immune to poison oak and was able to splint his leg and fetch him out of the stuff without any issues. I'm not so sure the doctors that worked on his leg can say the same thing.

Sarta
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 May 2004 : 12:14:35
Well, it wasn't a leg, but I once fractured my ankle in five places when I was twelve or so. That one hurt. Or at least I think so -- it was a bit of a blur, but I distinctly remember screaming like a banshee.

I also had a scary moment at the hospital later. This was while I was still living in Italy, and the only American doctor in Rome that we knew of was at the Embassy clinic, which was closed at the time.

There were three Italian doctors who poked at my leg, and pronounced my ankle to be dislocated. I was still in mild shock, so I didn't connect all the dots, but my mother did. She knew it wasn't dislocated, and she started arguing with them in a mix of Italian and English. Mostly English -- French is her second language of choice. They said they were just going to pop the joint back in, but my mom wouldn't let them touch it (so very fortunate, that -- that was the smashed bone poking out under a centimeter of swollen flesh, not a dislocated joint). That caused a doctor who knew more to come in and tell them they were wrong and my mom was right. He offered to set it himself, but my mom didn't trust any of them at that point. So it was just splinted and she drove me down to Naples the next day. Where we found that my mom had made another good call -- they couldn't plaster me up until the swelling went down, so if that doctor had put a cast on me it would have been useless in about three days.

Which reminds me -- Lady Kazandra, is your cast an over-the-knee affair? Mine wasn't, so the itching was tolerable so long as I kept a ruler stuck out of the top of it (like a knife in a boot ), which I used to scratch. But if you're in a over-the-knee cast, I hope they gave you a drilled hole or two that you could stick a pencil through or something. Those cast linings are amazingly torturous after a few weeks.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 20 May 2004 : 11:18:49
Ack!! Foster, dee durned bane of Australia!! I knew, somewhere at the back of my mind, that the brew was evil!

Jokes aside, it is good to have you back. It is quite a story you have there! I severely sprained my ankle a month ago, and it still hurts, so I can't imagine how painful a broken leg must be. You are worthy of my most sincere Ilmaterian praises!

I wish you a speedy recovery. Posting on these boards is the equivalent of having someone roll a DC 15 Heal check successfully to treat your injuries, so it should heal up fast!
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 May 2004 : 10:12:39
No wonder the Sage was reluctant to talk about it. Such modesty.

Really, it's a good thing our favorite gnome has such a good Reflex save . . . .
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 20 May 2004 : 04:53:27
Sorry if this is at all late. I have terrible timing it seems.

But welcome back Lady K! I'm extremely sorry to hear about what happened. My best wishes for the rest of your recovery.

~Sadie
The Cardinal Posted - 20 May 2004 : 04:45:03
We welcome thee back to our 'SAFE' library. I am thankful that thee hath recovered so quickly. I guess we'll have to be calling Sage not only a Scholar but a Gentleman and Hero to boot...

... However I see that my intense dislike for humanity on a whole is not unjustified but it tis a blessing to see thee back safe and sound.

* Raises a glass in toast*
To the Sage! A man of Honour, Bravery and Loyalty! To The Sage!
Alaundo Posted - 19 May 2004 : 23:44:53
Well met, Lady Lazandra.

It is indeed good to see you back in the library. A fair number of scribes (including myself of course) have missed your contribution to the collection of Realmslore.

Sorry to hear of your accident. Those new-fangled machines of Gond cause all manner of problems in the wrong hands

I sincerely hope you heal well soon and are back on form in no time
SoulLord Posted - 19 May 2004 : 21:52:06
it's great to have you back and to see you in such good spirits, may your injuries heal true and fast.
Lord Rad Posted - 19 May 2004 : 18:08:55
Yikes! Thats pretty nasty Still, always the optimist....it could have been a hell of a lot worse!

Good to see you back anyway Now as Alaundo would say...."back to work, theres Realmslore to be studied"
hammer of Moradin Posted - 19 May 2004 : 17:57:20
Please don't drink and drive.
My neighbor living across the road from us came home one night completely bombed. I was lucky as I was behind him and not in front of him on the road. I was waiting at a light outside our neighborhood when I saw him pulling in, hitting a few bushes on the side of the road, and going off into the grass. He slowly made his way back onto the road, at which point he hit our other car parked in front of our house. If I had been ahead of him by a minute my 4 year old would have performed his normal routine of checking the mail, yes, even at night, and most likely been hit. We move out of the neighborhood Saturday. In this case, the police did not catch him drinking and driving, and could only ticket him for, obviously, hitting our car.

Lady K welcome back.
Cherrn Posted - 19 May 2004 : 17:41:25
WB Lady K
Sarelle Posted - 19 May 2004 : 17:24:32
Eeps! Well - at least it's a story to tell the grandkids. But I'm very glad we don;t have a trampled scribe. Three cheers for sage!

Hello (for the first time) and welcome back Lady K.
Artalis Posted - 19 May 2004 : 16:32:11
Welcome back Lady! I had been saddened indeed to hear of your wounding. I hope that it is but a quickly fading memory for you.

Your presence was missed.

Again, Welcome Back.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 19 May 2004 : 16:29:45
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I see you've brightened these halls again, Lady Kazandra. Mind telling us what foul minion of darkness kept you away, so that we may launch a crusade against him?

A foul minion of darkness you say . . . on this, I would agree with you . My actual injuries were sustained after I fell (after being pushed) down a single flight of stairs that exited one of the public libraries here in Perth.

A very inebriated individual, who was driving a fast moving car, collided at high speed into the rear of another parked vehicle (just outside of the library) which sent it careening forward, toward the open stairway of the public library and the people (myself included) who were walking down it. Needless to say panic ensued, and everyone started pushing and pulling in every direction in order to get out of the way of the rapidly approaching vehicle. Although I was already mostly out of harm's way, a particularly panicked middle-aged woman carrying a child hurriedly pushed past me. I incidently lost my footing and fell the rest of the way down the stairs with other people trappling over my legs and lower abdomen. If it had not been for the Sage's quick action of picking me almost immediately after my fall, my injuries could have been much worse, at least according to the Doctors. People were just storming every which way.

As a result, I ended up with a broken leg (the curious thing about this is though, that I had no idea it was broken as I was so distracted at the time of the break), several deep cuts and bruises to my other leg and a bruised spinal-base thanks to my fall. The jolt to my spine resulted in a triggering of several rapid nerve-impulse firings which I felt travel along the length of my spinal nerve, to my head which left me with pounding headaches for several days afterwards.

I think that the most grievous injury I received though, was the knowledge that the driver responsible for the accident and my injuries, will most likely just receive a caution for his drunken behaviour on the scene and 100 hundred hours community service .
Brother Ezra Posted - 19 May 2004 : 15:21:53
Welcome back, Lady K. I hope that you're fully recovered from whatever ails you suffered.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 May 2004 : 08:52:30
I'll sic a swarm of Miniature Giant Space Hamsters on the foul miscreant!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000