Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Have spellbook, will adventure.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Jul 2003 : 04:08:18
I've been meaning to do this for a while. I know that it isn't likely, but I want to ask anyway.

Is anyone here a part of, or knows of, a good D&D (preferably FR, of course) group in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:45:22
Thanks. I'll look into that latter, when I'm a bit more clear-headed.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:34:37
Here's what I am talking about. It isn't D&D, but I gathered some interesting material and ideas from it nonetheless for my own campaigns.

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:24:24
War magic? If not, then no. I've never heard of it before, either way.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:22:36
Just a quick question -

Does the title Ars Magica mean anything to you?.

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:19:18
Send away, if it's got an ethereal version. If not, I guess I can wait.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:13:09
Great, I'll let my friends know. And since I remember you saying you like alternate history campaigns, I have a few to send that you may find interesting indeed.

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 11:10:23
Certainly. I'm currently trying (intermittently, I admit) to fit a 3e cleric system to a Christian model. One of the things I'm doing is taking saints and figuring them to be divine rank 0, but with at least one grantable domain. For instance, Augustinian monks would have access to the Knowledge domain.

It's not necessary to follow a saint, of course, but it's a Catholic tradition to select a patron saint. (I'm Catholic, and mine is St. Dominic, since he's one of the patrons of scientists and especially astronomers.) I'm working on the assumption that the system is pretty much no latter than 12th century; Christianity's still what we'd call just Roman Catholic; at least except for the Greek Orthodox and the Monophysites. Simplified, I know, but hey, it's just for fun.

Anyway, as I've mentioned, I love figuring out alternate histories like how things would be different with magic. So sure, I'd like that.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 10:40:23
I just thought that maybe you might wish to try some campaign settings based on real-world histories and periods utilising D&D rules.

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 10:34:15
I really only said FR because that's what I'm familiar with . . . .
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 09:35:23
I am curious though, since they have asked me, is the FR the only campaign setting you would wish to play in, or are you willing to try another setting, maybe even one of my own creations that I will be sending over with them?.

Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Jul 2003 : 18:36:24
Thanks, Sage. And (*cough*) I did know that you Australians have everything backwards, including the seasons . . . .
The Sage Posted - 02 Jul 2003 : 13:55:16
It may involve a little waiting, but two (one Australian, and one American) gaming friends of mine will be returning to the US after an extended trip here in Perth, Australia. One of them lives in the D.C. area, and while I am saddened that I have lost two valuable gamers from my group, I am ecstatic with the fact that they may be able to help you out. They will be making the trip over at mid-to-late winter here, which is mid-to-late summer for you Bookwyrm.

I'll let you know more as it happens.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000