Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I'm Back

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 10 Jun 2003 : 21:55:05
Some of you might have noticed an unusual silence from me over the past few months. Unfortunetally i have had to sit some exams . But i am back now (to many of you this will be a bad thing ) and i have a lot of reading to do so if you willl excuse me please.
Hanx
Elrond
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 14 Jun 2003 : 10:56:34
I mostly DM as well Dantrag. I think i prefere DMing, don't get me wrong though i love playing a character. I suppose sometimes im just a little too critical of other DMs methods sometimes thinking to my self "I wouldnt have done that", but mainly "WOW! That was harsh!" . Ok there are two types of memberships for the RPGA: "Member" and "Herald-Level GM". The normal member ship give you:
Member Perk Descriptions

Classic Adventures
Characters are prewritten with the adventure. Once each player chooses a character, the game begins.

Living Campaigns
Players create a character and develop it from game to game throughout a campaign arc.
Join a Game summarizes the different campaigns and provides links to each campaigns website.

Interactive Events
Adopt a persona, don a costume, and socialize in character with other members. Enjoy an evening where intrigue and interaction take precedence over combat prowess.

Member's Page
Each member can access their Member's page to update account information, track their play history, and enjoy other features. Herald-Level GMs order adventures, schedule events, and report results on their Member's page.

Feature Articles
How do you make your characters better, stronger, faster? What's the cheapest way to attend a convention? What color licorice should you take to Gen Con UK? We're creating a regular forum to tackle these and other pressing issues.

Character Tracking
The RPGA is developing ways for you to monitor your character's progress as you earn experience, gold, and glory. These vital statistics will eventually be accessed through your Member's page.

New Product Updates
Learn about hot new products from Wizards of the Coast.

D&D Player Rewards
Earn points for all your sanctioned play with D&D Player Rewards. These points qualify for unique character creation and game effects cards, called Campaign Cards.

And the Herald-Level Perk Descriptions
Herald-Level members gain all the regular member perks plus the following:

Host RPGA-Sanctioned Events
Herald-Level GMs can host sanctioned home games, game days, and conventions. Hosting Events has all the details.

Access the RPGA's Scenario Library
The RPGA produces a number of adventures each year. Herald-Level GMs have access to use these adventures as free content for their upcoming events. Anyone can view the summaries and play history on the Tournaments page, but only members with GM ranks can host these adventures.

Event Promotion
When you order adventures for game days and conventions, your event is automatically posted on the Events Calendar. (NB these can be anything to your normal 'smaller' play group to conventions )

Playtest Wizards' RPGs
Herald-Level GMs are eligible to help us playtest upcoming Wizards of the Coast roleplaying product releases.

Its probally worth noting though to become a herald Level GM you require to pass a Small (20 question test). I didnt find this test too bad at all.
Hanx
Elrond

Dantrag Posted - 13 Jun 2003 : 19:44:01
I spend most of my time dming. I haven't got around to being an RPGA member... still it might prove a most useful membership. What sort of things do you get for being in RPGA?
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 13 Jun 2003 : 17:01:37
Thank you Dantrag, i appriciate that. Might i ask what you spend most of your time doing DMing or PCing? lol . Also how many of you are RPGA members?
Hanx
Elrond
Dantrag Posted - 13 Jun 2003 : 03:12:55
I never knew who you were , but welcome back anyways. Perhaps we can become friends in the future...
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 12 Jun 2003 : 21:29:07
Thank you all for your kind re-reception . I would like to say how much i am looking foward to once again walking these halls of knowledge, there is much for me to read, an aweful lot, so once again if you excuse me.
Hanx
Elrond
George Krashos Posted - 12 Jun 2003 : 04:48:45
Indeed, welcome back Elrond. Candlekeep can never have too many loremasters.

-- George Krashos
Drummer Boy Posted - 12 Jun 2003 : 02:27:17
Welcome to Candlekeep, Elrond Half Elven. I hope your stay here is long and enjoyable.
Malice Posted - 11 Jun 2003 : 17:46:48
Yes, welcome back to Candlekeep.
The Sage Posted - 11 Jun 2003 : 06:10:51
Please allow the Sage of Perth to be the first to welcome you upon your return here, to these halls of Knowledge.

May all your learning be free and unfettered.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000