Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What is your favorite weapon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
unknown warrior Posted - 16 Aug 2007 : 06:35:46
if u went to war whatwould be your choseout of these.

Mod Edit: I've just altered the scroll title a little... They've been bothering me.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 23 Jul 2010 : 16:59:30
Sill, there is a blade-whip, or dagger-whip, that can be used as you suggested. I think it was listed in the Arms and Equipment guide. There is also the scourge, which uses metal or glass shards woven into it to cause lethal damage. (Whips are usually non-letahl, unless one has a feat to change the damage to lethal.) And a cat-o-nine does more damage than a normal whip, too. Seperating double-swords, (like the one Morg uses) would just use the stats of a double sword or the single sword (whichever form one happens to be wielding). I like chakrams, too, thanks to my fondness for the Xena series why back when! That gal was sooo bada$$ with it!!
Ruul Posted - 23 Jul 2010 : 16:52:25
Nothing beats a sturdy dead fish, sadly that's not an option. =(
Balduran Lavidah Posted - 23 Jul 2010 : 16:45:16
Réponse du français : le bâton

Cela semble bizarre, mais le bâton symbolise l'outil même de l'aventurier. Elle aide à la fois à marcher que à se défendre. Sa forme est variable et on peut l'adapter à sa préférence. Etant fragile, on le remplace et on peut ainsi évoluer différemment.

Question pertinante : l'épée est-elle née de la forme du bâton ? :)

Answer of French: the staff

It seems strange, but the staff represents the tool even of the venturer . It helps at the same time to walk that to defend itself. His form is variable and they can adapt it in his priority. Being fragile, they replace it and they can so evolve in another way.

Question pertinante: the sword is it born in the form of the staff ? :)
Sill Alias Posted - 23 Jul 2010 : 08:02:40
I would vote for a whip if it could be slightly modified to have blades or be made of metal parts.

The thing is I like weapons that can change their properties like double swords that can become separate, sword that can elongate like whip or something like that.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:03:56
Ah, my big-bad drow pirate "king" uses a cutlass and whip combo. He's rather dangerous with them! He's also my bard's daddy, and rather peeved that junior went AWOL, even sending his half-sis (that nasty little half-blood with the doulbe-sword I mentioned) after him to drag him home. Who needs enemies when you've got family?! (The bard's situation is one of my big plot-hooks for campaigns.)
Saxmilian Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 00:53:34
Forgotten Realms Campaign setting pg.97...though MY BAD the Crit is 19-20...ooops just hopeful I guess...or I had Improved Critical
Zireael Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 09:44:32
quote:
Originally posted by Saxmilian

Didnt see the Cutlass on the list. 18-20 Critical Slashing and Piercing damage and a basket hilt to bash someone in the mouth when they brag you missed them with that slice? Always a favorite of mine. Any weapon that can deal out All three Blunt Slashing and Piercing damage is perfect for me, it covers all situations--going up against goblins, skeletons or zombies...Oh MY!

What sourcebook is cutlass in then?
Brimstone Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 07:18:32
I voted Broad Sword(I prefer a Great Sword.)
Dracons Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 06:47:37
My favorite sorcerer/fighter had a doublebladed sword.

I also had an awesome halfing ranger that wielded a battle axe when he wasn't using his bow.

Most uncommon warrior I used was a fighter that gotten all the shield feats, and would used his spiked shield to fight. (Tossing it like Captain America, could use it to trip people, even could use it for his touch AC).
Saxmilian Posted - 17 Jul 2010 : 15:10:09
Didnt see the Cutlass on the list. 18-20 Critical Slashing and Piercing damage and a basket hilt to bash someone in the mouth when they brag you missed them with that slice? Always a favorite of mine. Any weapon that can deal out All three Blunt Slashing and Piercing damage is perfect for me, it covers all situations--going up against goblins, skeletons or zombies...Oh MY!
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 16 Jul 2010 : 17:53:42
Ah, yes... One of my longest-running PC's uses a blade-staff (double longsword). She's an EVIL little witch, though- has it enchanted on both ends with the spell Sadism (+1 attk & dmg bonus for every 10 HP damage inflicted- cumulative), and with added Vampiric quality! Plus the halves can separate into two swords. Ye-ouch!
Zireael Posted - 16 Jul 2010 : 11:39:21
Voted twin swords, but in reality it's double weapons. Anything - double sword, orc double axe, urgrosh...
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 15 Jul 2010 : 17:41:12
I like a nice pair of twin swords. Scimitars, long swords, or particularly sabers. I also love the bare-fisted skills of a monk! And don't sell the spellbook short, guys- it can be a weapon in itself, in a pinch! Run out of spells? Just start smackin em on the heads with it!
Brace Cormaeril Posted - 15 Jul 2010 : 17:06:33
Sword and spell!

Hammers High!
The Sage Posted - 15 Aug 2008 : 01:00:00
That's a little drastic Kilsek, don't you think? Expressing a simple dislike would've been more appropriate.
riot the outsider Posted - 14 Aug 2008 : 21:58:38
Thats not cool man I like ebberon
Kilsek Posted - 14 Aug 2008 : 17:42:25
anything that will Kill Ebberon
tenacious1 Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 19:37:04
It REALLY depends on the character concept as many stated. I voted Sword and Shield, but have soft spot for the all powerful, u83r |33t, if you will.... SLING! Love the sling because of a character of mine. He was rather hapless actually when it came to being "effective" but a blast to RP.

If I had to give a second, it would be Battleaxe for dwarves.

TheLemming Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 18:11:38
Well I would pick a scythe - it's a nice flair to have a fighter swing one of those large weapons - cleaving through goblins, orcs and other vermin ;) -
and it makes for excellent descriptions
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Jan 2008 : 15:18:58
quote:
Originally posted by Stonwulfe

The mind. No, I don't mean psionics. I mean cunning, tact, and attentive awareness.

I like that answer.
Stonwulfe Posted - 11 Jan 2008 : 06:34:20
The mind. No, I don't mean psionics. I mean cunning, tact, and attentive awareness.

One of my earliest wizard characters killed a powerful orc chieftain with a well-placed ray of frost to the chain supporting a heavy tavern sign. Chain broke, sign swung down, orc skull custard coming right up!

If one is ever on the lookout for opportunity, Tymora doesn't disappoint.
yargarth Posted - 11 Jan 2008 : 06:30:58
dagger and a sword like a certain assassin we all know and love only if i could get his ballin' vampire dagger and his blade that can summon ash to fall...otherwise i would go with longbow. you can all die in the front lines
Shilo99 Posted - 24 Dec 2007 : 14:14:56
If it was me: sword & shield- it gives you options (and I'm scared of being hurt, so want lots of defence).
In my PCs: In 2e lots of two-weaponed PCs. 3e lots of 1-handed weapons PCs, doing all sorts of things with the off-hand (light sources, capes, holy symbols, tipping stuff over, insulting gestures etc.)
Elestar Posted - 23 Dec 2007 : 20:26:31
Staff and Spellbook are both important. I am uneasy to consider the spellbook as a weapon however, because not all the spells prepared in a spellbok are only for combat, though I can imagine that a battle wizard's spellbook might be filled only with those of course.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 10:35:26
Battle Axe i voted!!! But i prefer the two-handed axe....
Falstaffsrevenge Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 23:03:13
Depends on the character that I am playing, but mostly a morning star, (thief, warrior, or cleric). With the alt. rule that you can make it blug. or piercing. If I am playing a barbarian I like to use a shamshir (sp), think if a greatsword and scimitar had a child.
Dalor Darden Posted - 29 Nov 2007 : 02:30:39
My choice would be the spellbook...with a heavy dose of scrolls for good measure to summon creatures in a bind.
GRYPHON Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 21:21:10
Twin swords and bare fists...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 20:27:08
quote:
Originally posted by darkhuntress

Daisho! (Katana + wakizashi) A few years back I had a 2E female Ronin Paladin who dual wielded them and turned heads every time she fought, when she didn't lop them off! She was so much fun to play--think a female Auron from Final Fantasy 10 and that about summed up that character.

Other than katanas, I have to say scimitars. What can I say? I'm a sucker for curvy blades. :)

In 2E, I played a kensai with a katana... With specialization in the katana and two-handed specialization, he kicked some serious butt! The combined bonuses meant that the weapon speed was just 1, so he often got off both attacks before anyone else could do their first one!
Aravine Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 18:13:23
has anyone seen the Murcurial Longsword? it has the same stats as the mundane version but has a crit of 20/x4. it is slightly heavier than the old one, and requires you to take EWP in it or suffer a -6(instead of -4, for you who are new, or just dont remember), but if you are a fighter, bent on wielding a longsword, this might be a good idea. htey also have a mercurial greatsword with the same concept(penalties and such). but no murcurial fullblade!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000