Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 graz'zt and daemonfey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
freyar Posted - 31 Jul 2007 : 02:47:52
Hi, folks, I'd like to get your opinions and thoughts about a campaign idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while now. I've got a few questions, too.

The basic idea is to have a low-ish level campaign set in the Silver Marches (the North seems like an interesting area, and I'm likely to have a diverse group of characters ). In the end, I'd like the BBEG and main evil organization to be Sarya Dlardrageth (backed by a CR10-12 demon lord aspect, almost certainly Graz'zt) and the daemonfey. Not quite sure what they'll be up to, but my main idea so far has been trying to elevate Sarya to demigod-hood as something of a pawn to the demon lord, much as Graz'zt has Iuz on Greyhawk. I'll probably modify bits and pieces of the Savage Tide and some of WotC's free adventures as well as writing my own stuff for this. What do you think about this?

Questions:

• Does Graz'zt sound like the right demon lord to patronize Sarya and friends?

• If I care about avoiding canon, when should I set this so that the fey'ri are freed but the Last Mythal trilogy hasn't happened yet? (I haven't read those books and am not likely to get ahold of them, just can't acquire all the FR books I'd like. )

• Is this a reasonable goal for the daemonfey? What other things might they be up to?

• How would one go about becoming a demipower? Just looked at 2e Powers & Pantheons for what Velsharoon did, but I couldn't find any details. One idea was some kind of soul harvesting like what Bane and Torm did during the Time of Troubles.

Thanks for the help! I'd appreciate any discussion!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
freyar Posted - 01 Aug 2007 : 17:09:18
Yeah, I need to glance back at F&A, but I don't think there were too many details IIRC. Right now, I'm just trying to think about what kind of plot hooks and hints to lay down.

Comments on the daemonfey and dates?
The Sage Posted - 31 Jul 2007 : 03:41:32
We're told a little about the process Velsharoon used to become a demipower in P&P. The entry for 'Velsharoon' makes it fairly clear that the ritual first granted Velsharoon the secrets of lichdom, and then allowed his ascension into godhood via the sponsorship of Talos.

The 'Introductory' sections of Faiths & Avatars, also provide some brief notes on how powers of various levels are "born" in the Realms. I'd recommend reading through these sections before attempting this particular aspect of your campaign.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000