Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 SPOILERS for 'Blackstaff' -- High Moor update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ergdusch Posted - 27 Jun 2007 : 13:05:21
Hi folks!

First and aforemost - this threat may contain spoilers regarding the Blackstaff-novel!

Long time since my last post, but even though I have not contributed to the discussions lately I am still a frequent visitor and no less a Realms fan.

Now, for that reason I started to read "Blackstaff", a novel that was much talked about on these boards when it first made its way in the local bookstores. However, as always I am way behind in reading FR novels. Now be it as it may, coming finally to my question reffered to in the subject title.

What the heck happend in the High Moor on that fateful Feast of the Moon in 1374 DR?

Are there any more infos anywhere about this well kept secret? any hints in some FR sourcebook? And what is this mysterious city of hope anyway? How did the ritual work and are there any mysterious informations on it anywhere. How will it influence the political powers in the north? Wass the creation/recreation or rizing of the city an event that did not go unnoticed in the area (even though it is mentioned in the book that none shall know of the city except those that paricipated in the ritual)?

I have finished the book so please provide my with spoilers as much as you like. Please be so kind, wise sages and loreseekers of these boards, to point me in the right directions so I, too, may find releave for my thurst of knowledge.

One last thing - this threat is not intended to discuss the life/death or afterlife of Khelben Arunsun; so please keep that in mind when posting here. Thanks.

Thanks in advance, Ergdusch

P.S. @ the moderators: Please feel free to move this threat at its apropriate shelf if nessiccary.

Mod Edit: Altered scroll title to note SPOILERS for Blackstaff
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 09 Aug 2009 : 16:51:30
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Ayunken-vanzan

And another question: The city of hope is veiled to all not attuned to it. But can other people discern the new state of the High Moor? Do they see the changes the Moor underwent?

I would imagine that as the land becomes viable and reclaimed, this would be obvious.

Agreed. In fact, I think Steven Schend once speculated about this as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Aug 2009 : 15:13:13
quote:
Originally posted by Ayunken-vanzan

And another question: The city of hope is veiled to all not attuned to it. But can other people discern the new state of the High Moor? Do they see the changes the Moor underwent?

I would imagine that as the land becomes viable and reclaimed, this would be obvious.
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 09 Aug 2009 : 09:49:27
Jakk Posted - 09 Aug 2009 : 08:09:16
Regarding the High Moor post-Blackstaff... I have a vague description of landmarks, but does anyone have a map of the High Moor showing which area was cleansed? Markustay? Anyone else?
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2007 : 01:06:12
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Other pertinent and relevant sources, I'll leave to scribes more learned than myself.
Like the Cormanthyr sourcebook for example, which is available as a free PDF download at WotC.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Jul 2007 : 00:39:48
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

That would be 'the Dark Disaster' that created the High Moor in the first place. It's mentioned all over the shop in Realmslore, though the best place for info on it would be Lost Empires of Faerun, I'd imagine.

Yes, there's some info in there. But overall, the area (and history thereof) isn't that detailed.
BlackAce Posted - 03 Jul 2007 : 00:03:44
That would be 'the Dark Disaster' that created the High Moor in the first place. It's mentioned all over the shop in Realmslore, though the best place for info on it would be Lost Empires of Faerun, I'd imagine.

Other pertinent and relevant sources, I'll leave to scribes more learned than myself.
Ergdusch Posted - 02 Jul 2007 : 16:21:57
Thanks folks for the answers so far.

Now Dargoth, you mention an elven kingdoim that was destroyed in the Crown wars. are there some more infos on that kingdom anywhere? Elves of Evermeet or what not sourcebook?

I will dig through the replies of other threads the following days....

Again, thank you for your shared knowledge.
Kuje Posted - 27 Jun 2007 : 16:26:17
I'd dig through Steven's compiled replies that are in my sig because a lot of these questions are answered when he replied to other people in his book club thread or the other Blackstaff scrolls, which I kept for the compiled replies.
The Sage Posted - 27 Jun 2007 : 14:54:23
I think this scroll is fine where it is.

With regard to the Sharn... I'll let Steven Schend answer this -

"Realized I'd never answered this comment/question....my bad.

The sharn were made of composite survivors and/or willing entrants who sacrificed their lives and knowledge to join the collective sharn. (Strange that a few years AFTER Ed, Eric, and I had discussed the sharn as one big collective underdark LAKE of sharnstuff that splintered off pieces to make individual sharn, Star Trek DS9 had the same idea for the Founders/shapeshifters.)

No, not all the sharn came from the events in Chapter 20, though every living being in that Pentad enclave became sharn. The original sharn were the lorelords and such of Miyeritar--the 3 High Mages and the 80 that entered the storms as noted in a few places in the timelines. They took in a few other survivors who didn't get mentioned in elven histories, like the guards and scouts of Miyeritar--the centaurs.

Over time, I figure there's been a few who've been offered salvation from certain death by joining the sharn, and a few folk of Uvaeren, Eaerlann, Ascalhorn, and many many other realms joined the collective.

Thus, Rhymanthiin is going to be a hotbed of historical knowledge as there are now living denizens of many lost realms who can correct or compile information on places that have little (or perhaps have even been forgotten) detail.

Does this help clarify things, Knight? Or just add more questions, as any good designer does?

Steven
Who highly recommends the very odd movie LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE to anyone who can attend R-rated movies"
Dargoth Posted - 27 Jun 2007 : 13:24:57
From Memory:

the city is a magically rebuilt city from an elven kingdom that was destroyed during the Crown wars

the city itself is only accessably by those who took part in the ritual that recreated it and those they choose to tell about it

The Sharn are actually elves who lived in the Kingdom when it was destroyed and come from several elven races including Dark elves (Note they are not drow as they where transformed into Sharn before the Dark elves where banished into the Underdark and evolved into drow

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000