Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ring of Myrkul?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kyrene Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 07:24:03
Reading up on the Mere of Dead Men, I've noticed that the place should be littered with rings of Myrkul. What exactly are these, and should they still work, considering that Myrkul is dead AFAIK?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 02:18:28
Thank you!
The Sage Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 01:58:22
Issue #73.
Brimstone Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 01:53:02
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I've been looking for these issues... is there anywhere that we can still get Dungeon issues in PDF? Legally, I mean? (That is my preferred option; second place is hardcopy, and I have many sources for that option, both online and otherwise.) Thanks.
You'll find most of them popping up on nobleknight.com semi-frequently. And I'll echo Krash's reply above. You really only need Eric's article.

Which one was Eric's?
Jakk Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 01:48:43
quote:

quote:

I've been looking for these issues... is there anywhere that we can still get Dungeon issues in PDF? Legally, I mean? (That is my preferred option; second place is hardcopy, and I have many sources for that option, both online and otherwise.) Thanks.
You'll find most of them popping up on nobleknight.com semi-frequently. And I'll echo Krash's reply above. You really only need Eric's article.

Hey... Krash's word was enough for me. When the Blue Dragon of Ched Nasad tells you what you need, that's what you need. "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup." (Anonymous)

More seriously: I have some plans for the Mere of Dead Men, and Myrkul and Bhaal, in my Realms, and I'd like to get all the canon lore I can regarding the Mere and the two deities. I'm looking at a minor timeline reset (to the end of 2E), then an accelerated timeline progression back to the end of 3E and a bit further, changing some things large and small along the way. Big plans afoot in my Realms...
The Sage Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 01:28:30
quote:

George Krashos Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 00:09:38
This is going to sound a tad ... nasty, but IMHO the only one that you need if you are interested in the realmslore side of things is the last one: "Eye of Myrkul" by Eric Boyd. The others are pretty lore-lite and needed only if you intend to run the adventure arc.

Jakk, if you are after only the last one, drop me a PM or e-mail me at krashos@bigpond.com.

-- George Krashos
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 23:58:45
[Edit] Here's another option:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=Dragon+Magazine+69&x=0&y=0
For the other issues, just search for "Dragon Magazine 70" etc.

Whoops! "Dungeon", not "Dragon".
Abebooks.com, a great place to get things that are out of print, has a number of issues of Dungeon for sale as well.
[thanks Jakk ]
Jakk Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 23:48:38
Hrm... hard copy only from Paizo, and the only one available is #71. Thanks anyway.
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 23:42:57
quote:

You can buy a few of them here, but some are no longer available:
http://paizo.com/dungeon/products/issues/1998
Unfortunately these issues are not available, as far as I know, on pdf.

If you have a large public library with an interlibrary loan system, you might be able to get them in.
Jakk Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 19:42:26
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

There specficly needed for the last module in the series the Eye of Mykrul where all is revealed

Indeed, if I recall correctly you can find one in each of the first four adventures of the Mere of Dead Men series, and their true purpose is revealed in the fifth and final one. I highyl recommend this series of adventures.

I don't recognize the name. Was this the series run in Dungeon Magazine a few years ago as the "Mere of Dead Men"?

And for ease of references... the DUNGEON issues including this particular adventure series are:- #69, 70, 71, 72 and 73.

Jamallo Kreen Posted - 31 Mar 2007 : 18:44:12
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

quote:

quote:

There specficly needed for the last module in the series the Eye of Mykrul where all is revealed

Indeed, if I recall correctly you can find one in each of the first four adventures of the Mere of Dead Men series, and their true purpose is revealed in the fifth and final one. I highyl recommend this series of adventures.

And I recommend this series highly, too.

(snip)

Well, I was considering their purchase, but with recommendations from such esteemed loremasters, they are now "must buys!"

Thanks for elucidating the matter.
Asgetrion Posted - 31 Mar 2007 : 11:55:22
quote:

quote:

And I recommend this series highly, too. I still remember these adventures as one of the high points in our longest running campaign. These modules offer a lot to both DMs and players alike - full of great fluff about the history of the North, Cult of the Dragon and the faith of Myrkul. And the way they are written... the atmosphere in our sessions was chilling!
Combine all this with Elminster's ecologies (Battle of Bones) and all the Crown of Horns -information printed in the Waterdeep and Skullport -accessories, and you will have an epic, memorable campaign in your hands!

The Sage Posted - 31 Mar 2007 : 01:05:07
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

quote:

quote:

I don't recognize the name. Was this the series run in Dungeon Magazine a few years ago as the "Mere of Dead Men"?

And for ease of references... the DUNGEON issues including this particular adventure series are:- #69, 70, 71, 72 and 73.
Kajehase Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 19:21:38
Yup. It was the very first Adventure Path that ran in Dungeon, unless I've gotten things mixed up.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 18:57:45
quote:

quote:

Reefy Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 17:59:56
quote:

Dargoth Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 08:56:50
Jorkens Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 07:35:26
Well I cant really comment on the rings, as I have no idea what they are, but Myrkul is still in existence (sort of), as a part of his being inhabits the Crown of Horns. Unless something has changed lately of course.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000