Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What do you mean the Malarite summons a Guardinal!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 28 Nov 2006 : 23:14:07

Something Ive been musing about, a number of Outsiders in D&D core fit well with FR deities in concept but due to the rigid planescape alignment system cant be used by those gods

For example create a CE version of the more beastial looking Guardinals and Archons and make them fiends from Malars home plane or strip the Lawful parts out of the Ice Devil stats and make them fiends from Aurils realm, Tempus could have a CN version of the war loving Marilith and list goes on

In most cases these changes could be done fairly easily simply swap out the alignment based spells the original outsider had and give them the equivelent fromr there new alignment (holy word to Unholy word, Protection from law to protection from Chaos etc) and do the same for any alignment based DR the creature has.

Coments?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gray Richardson Posted - 29 Nov 2006 : 01:24:13
I could easily see corrupted guardinals working for Malar.

I figure that Fury's Heart was once a part of the House of Nature and that, after the War of Light & Darkness, Talos split off his realm to become its own separate plane. Fury's Heart is the embodiment of Nature's wrath. It likely contains all sorts of corrupted servants of nature.

There you may find dark fey, lightning elementals, fiendish animals of all kinds, and fallen versions of nature related celestials.

I figure the guardinals were brought over specifically to protect Chauntea from Shar and her legions during the War of Light and Darkness. So originally I imagine they were protectors of Chauntea and of all life that Shar was trying to exterminate.

But certainly there must be guardinals who were won over to the side of dark. "Fallen guardinals" you might say. Malar especially must have appealed in some way to those guardinals who are predators: the lupinals, ursinals, leonals, even the avorals.

Come to think of it, I bet the Queen of Air and Darkness and the unseelie fey might just possibly have their headquarters in Fury's Heart. Regardless, I bet you would find tons of corrupted and evil fey in Fury's Heart.

All sorts of outsiders would work well in Fury's Heart. Fallen eladrins, Ice Devils certainly, Marashi for Talona, any of the aquatic fiends for Umberlee, etc.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000