Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Green Fields

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sparhawk42 Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 20:25:16
Hello all, I am looking for all the information I can get on the Green Fields (the land north of the Snakewood not the celestial outer plane). Besides the entry in the FRCS on the Green Fields that includes a very short description and even shorter description of the palisade town, Greenest, I can find no other information. I would love to see a detailed map of the area. Does anyone know of one? Or how about some history on the area? I faintly remember hearing bits and pieces from some source saying it was once an elven kingdom that was destroyed by dragons but I could be mixing it up with somewhere else. I am not even sure if the correct spelling is the Green Fields or the Greenfields as I have seen both used. The more information I can gather the better. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sparhawk42 Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 17:53:26
Thanks for the info Mumadar! I will certainly download the next Candlekeep Compendium when it becomes available. I just wish I could find a little more info on the area or a map with a bit more detail. Ah, well, thanks again to everyone for the help.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 09:45:48
Without trying to give too much away, the next Candlekeep Compendium (VII) will have an article on a small hamlet located somewhere in the Greenfields. While not 100% canon, the article draws upon the ideas and works of two respected and recognized loremasters of Faerun (one of them having a Blue Dragon named after him )
sparhawk42 Posted - 12 Aug 2006 : 03:20:10
Thank you sage, I went to the WotC site and got the info you suggested. I just wish there was a bit more. Ah, well. Thanks to all for their help.
The Sage Posted - 12 Aug 2006 : 01:44:24
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

quote:
Originally posted by sparhawk42

Thank you all for the replies. I do not have Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast but I do have the Lands of Intrigue box set but there is little to no useful information on the Greenfields,(I noticed everyone is using Greenfields not Green Fields, so then is that the correct usage? And if so why is it listed as Green Fields in the FRCS?) The maps in the box set basically just show rolling fields with no towns, villages, hamlets or anything. So besides Greenest in the FRCS there are no published towns or villages or anything of the like?

I can't remember where I saw the map...but there is a map with a road and some settlements along the road through the Green Fields...but I'm probably wrong

and I think maybe "The Green Fields" is the geological name to that bit of plains and "Greenfields" is more the geographic map name for the region...i.e. Greenfields are found ing the Green Fields

Greenfields is a location in Unther. 'Tis detailed in the Old Empires supplement, with a few tidbits in Unapproachable East.
The Sage Posted - 12 Aug 2006 : 01:43:56
quote:

Thank you all for the replies. I do not have Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast but I do have the Lands of Intrigue box set but there is little to no useful information on the Greenfields,(I noticed everyone is using Greenfields not Green Fields, so then is that the correct usage? And if so why is it listed as Green Fields in the FRCS?) The maps in the box set basically just show rolling fields with no towns, villages, hamlets or anything. So besides Greenest in the FRCS there are no published towns or villages or anything of the like?

Green Fields is the correct name for the locale north of Amn. It's referenced in Lands of Intrigue as previously noted.

Both Green Fields and Greenest are also briefly treated in Rand's Travelogue on the WotC site.
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 21:35:58
quote:

I can't remember where I saw the map...but there is a map with a road and some settlements along the road through the Green Fields...but I'm probably wrong

and I think maybe "The Green Fields" is the geological name to that bit of plains and "Greenfields" is more the geographic map name for the region...i.e. Greenfields are found ing the Green Fields

sparhawk42 Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 21:32:36
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 21:23:09
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast has a little more tidbits left and right strewn in on the Greenfields. Reading through Lost Empires one could infer certain events that should have taken place. e.g. as a background tibit in my PbeM game, I am using Azoun I's march against the Shoonite vassal realm of Valashar - which partially took place on the Greenfields. There is not a huge amount of detail on the Greenfields collected comprehensively anywhere that I'm aware of. DM's territory still...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 21:04:34
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

I think the Lands of Intrigue box set ( freely download-able from Wizards page) would be your best shot. I think The Vilhon Reach products ends directly east of the Greenfields, so there is not to much there, but I could be wrong. The maps from Lands of Intrigue are also the most detailed of the area you will find.

And said Wizards page is the Wizards downloads page.
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 20:43:56
honestly, I can't really remember anything pre-3rd Ed. about Greenfields...I am pretty sure that the towns marked in Greenfields now were not there in most 2nd Ed. maps...All I remember about it is the little bit of amn history attached to it and it was the more fertile southern region of the Fields of the Dead
Jorkens Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 20:38:49
I think the Lands of Intrigue box set ( freely download-able from Wizards page) would be your best shot. I think The Vilhon Reach products ends directly east of the Greenfields, so there is not to much there, but I could be wrong. The maps from Lands of Intrigue are also the most detailed of the area you will find.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000