Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A plot!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kaladorm Posted - 28 Mar 2006 : 22:19:00
In a bar in Skullport, a Dark Elf argues loudy with a Troll when an inquisitive halfling approaches them and asks what they are fighting about.

the Dark Elf answers:
- We are going to put a bomb in the Realms and kill 6 million gnomes, 1 dwarf and 1 halfling.

the halfling asks suprised:
- why 1 dwarf and 1 halfling?

the Troll turns to the Dark Elf and says:
- See?! I told you!! No one will care about 6 million gnomes!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ShadowJack Posted - 06 Apr 2006 : 12:46:15
Gnome Advocates are mustering even now to rally in protest to the defamation of all-things gnomish! Gnome abuse must stop! In the past it was Netheril, today it is people telling gnome jokes! To arms, Gnomes of the realms!
(this message has been interrupted. the planned gnome uprising failed as they were all laughing at the joke, kind of killed the gnome rights movement before it got started...)

Great joke!
Lucius Posted - 31 Mar 2006 : 06:47:07
Excellent. Simply Excellent

Likewise, it gave me a much needed chuckle
At your Behest Posted - 30 Mar 2006 : 23:56:38
Hell no . Thank you for that joke.
To be honest I didn't catch it as quick as I should have.
I read the title and thought, well let's see what kind of plot. Then I read the joke, considered it was no plot and wondered for 2 brief seconds until I understood ....

Thank ye for sharin' that!

P.S. Well obviously, as non-native I did not consider the fact that the word plot might have different meanings (that I am now aware of..)
Alaundo Posted - 30 Mar 2006 : 23:22:14
Well met

Let us not forget the gnome who appeared in Son of Thunder. I'll certainly view them with a whole new respect from now on!
Faramicos Posted - 30 Mar 2006 : 22:27:01
Hell of a realms-joke... Love it. Brought a much needed smile to my face. HA HA HA HA HA
Dhomal Posted - 29 Mar 2006 : 20:58:26
Hello-

Hate to de-rail this 'topic' - but I agree - gnomes are given the short-end of the stick way too aften! (no pun intended - but its there anyway...)

I personally was Quite fond of playing gnomes for a long time - quite a long time ago. Then - Dragonlance - and the technolization of gnomes. (Is that even a word? Well - maybe it is now...)

I certainly enjoyed the DL portrayal of gnomes - and with no true halflings - and Kender to 'replace' them - it was truly a different setting - one that I 'bought into' for a while. That is - until the Old Grey came out.

It just seems to me taht many FRP games have forgotten that from what I recall - gnomes were originally similar to Dwarves - much as they still are - but were tricksters and pranksters - along with having a strong 'gem' fetish. Heck - even Everquest gives gnomes tinkering as a racial-only skill.

Lets all just sit back and reflect on the historical, mythical gnome for a moment or three.

You know - I think it was onle of the 'old school' gnomes that wrote that joke! It was quite funny - thanks for sharing!

Dhomal
khorne Posted - 29 Mar 2006 : 18:22:43
Ok. Gnomes REALLY need to get more coverage right now! Where is a realms developer to bribe when you need one?

Ps. Good joke.
Reefy Posted - 29 Mar 2006 : 16:41:43
Much as it pains me to do so, I have to say that was funny.
Alaundo Posted - 28 Mar 2006 : 23:21:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

In a bar in Skullport, a Dark Elf argues loudy with a Troll when an inquisitive halfling approaches them and asks what they are fighting about.

the Dark Elf answers:
- We are going to put a bomb in the Realms and kill 6 million gnomes, 1 dwarf and 1 halfling.

the halfling asks suprised:
- why 1 dwarf and 1 halfling?

the Troll turns to the Dark Elf and says:
- See?! I told you!! No one will care about 6 million gnomes!

Splendid, Kaladorm, splendid

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000