Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Map scale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Khondar Posted - 01 Mar 2006 : 01:21:45
Greetings Realms fans,

How were/are the maps (including all updates) from the FRIA accepted for their scale? Were/are (are for any folks who still use them) they fairly accurate in relation to official publications/sourcebooks? Please keep this in mind though, I ask this question from a 2E prospective – I understand the changes that have occurred in the switch to 3E (to the Realms map)…those changes I’m not interested in.

Thanks for any information to my 'dated' question!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skeptic Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 01:26:24
The fun part of it is that I noticed the weird scale when I was drawing a docking area on the battlemap (the characters were preparing a subtle assault to get their hands on some cargo).

I said something like, well.. this big cargo ship is finally a small launch . Then I wiped out the map and started again with a new scale
Khondar Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 01:20:07
Skeptic

See your problem...14' +/- (at a couple locations) doesn't give one much room to maneuver. That map just looks 'scrunched' to me - maybe forced into a predetermined border size then scaled to fit...
Skeptic Posted - 01 Mar 2006 : 16:44:43
I had some problem with Skullport's maps scale, I don't see how vessels could manage to dock around Skull Island.
Khondar Posted - 01 Mar 2006 : 02:33:18
Fair enough.

At any rate, it will be useful for my campaign.

Thanks
Kentinal Posted - 01 Mar 2006 : 01:42:15
Not sure any can answer a question of being "fairly accurate" due to te fact that fairly is a subjective term. It clearly is mot accurate to longitute and latitude in all cases, it clearly is not accurate to the inch and soo on. Most I know find it a useful tool and is conidered useful, because it helped to fix locations better.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000