Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Races of Sandstorm in Faerun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 06:04:39
Along with what I was wondering about the Frostburn races, I wonder about the Sandstorm races as well. I am less enamored of them, but one of my players is interested in seeing at least if the races would fit in somewhere in Faerun.

Again, the "desert" version of Core races don't do much for me. I wasn't as wild about the Asherati and my player was, but I did tell him I don't see them so much in Anauroch as in Raurin, and perhaps the Bhuka might fit there as well. A lot of this has to do with the fact that besides the Imaskar ruins, the Cult of Set hiding there, and the old 1st edition modules set there, its less detailed than Anauroch, and Anauroch already has a lot going on.

Has anyone used these species in your campaign, where did you use them, and what purpose did they serve?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warlockco Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 10:57:12
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Yes, but Warlockco . . . the barbarian in my group is named Stilgar (we still tease him over that).

KnightErrantJR Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 07:14:59
Yes, but Warlockco . . . the barbarian in my group is named Stilgar (we still tease him over that).
warlockco Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 07:13:46
Haven't really cared for any of these races for the most part, and too much Dune type stuff was thrown in for my taste.
Firhyanda Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 06:52:38
Greetings

In my humble opinion a non level adjusted race can always find a home somewhere in the realms. I personally have made the Sand Storm races small tribes in Anauroch it’s a big desert. I have never had a problem accommodating +0 to + 2 level adjusted races into a game. My two cents worth for what its worth.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000