Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Bruenor--Silver Marches Lynchpin?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 04:36:40
I was thinking about this one, and its perhaps why I have been frustrated with the lack of novels and later sourcebooks (after Silver Marches) mentioning Mithral Hall as part of the Silver Marches. One of the things that got me in Forsaken House was that Methrammar is noted, in Silver Marches, as having troops from Mithral Hall under his command, but in the book it mentions Adbar and Felbar, but not Mithral Hall dwarves.

I don't think its impinging on RAS too much to assume that Bruenor would join, but no one wants to say so now. My problem is two fold. Its been canon since The North sorcebook in 2nd Edition that Bruenor consented to join Alustriel in forming the Silver Marches, and I REALLY would hate to see this many years of canon go down the tubes. The second issue is, without Bruenor, I don't see Emerus Warcrown and King Harbromm joining. I think that Bruenor is the whole reason that the dwarven fortresses join. Bruenor is reciprocating Alustriel's good will for aiding Mithral Hall during the war with Menzoberranzan, and this allows hims to personally convince the other dwarves of the wisdom of joining.

Am I too uptight about this? I just worry that RAS will write a book about the companions wandering around for a few more years, Bruenor won't be anywhere around TO join the Marches when they are suppose to have formed, and then all of the sudden, the whole backstory of the Marches becomes VERY muddled.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 14:52:13
There is an interview at this site with RAS that explains RAS's issues with TSR at the end:

http://www.mortality.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=75
hammer of Moradin Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 05:33:51
Has anyone heard of any kind of tiff between Keith, designers, and/or RAS? Not trying to start anything, but it does seem odd that such an importatnt canon character would get zero mention in this.
Reefy Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 02:21:55
Aye, not to mention Silver Marches refers to Bruenor as being second to Alustriel in importance of holding the alliance together. He's described as being more far-sighted, and important in tempering the demands of Adbar and Felbarr. So yes, this could cause havoc if things aren't sorted out carefully.
TonyMontana1638 Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 05:49:13
No I agree with you that this has been a glaring error on someone's part. I do consent the fact that it may just be a small, accidental mistake but if such a trend were to continue then the Lore that so many people make their business to preserve would contain gaps.

I also agree with you that Breunor's joining the alliance prompted the actions of Adbar and Felbarr. Dwarves tend to be isolationists in my view, especially with all the chaos recently in the north, and Breunor joining seems to be the most logical explanation.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000