Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Best heif/Rogue/Assasin in the Realms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marcsmart Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 05:37:56
He newbie here~

Just wanna know who do you think might be considered the best ever assassin/rogue or theif you have ever come across from the novels.

I think Daryth of Calimshan is a very good one.

:-)
Marc
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marcsmart Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 05:53:11
hmm....Lots to hear about this topic over just a few days...
I'm learning hard...

I have not touch any of R.A Salvatore's books yet, I started with Baldur's Gate, then Moonshae Trilogy and The Last Mythal Trilogy, then the avatar series.....

I just thought that the most skillful, intereting Theif/Assasin class character seems to be Daryth of Calimshan ~
(Only from the books I've read above of course)
Kaladorm Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 01:17:18
I'd totally forgotten about Ghost, been a while too since I read the cleric quintet.
Apologies for the non-realms response (bear with me), but if there are any rogues in the realms like Silk from the Belgariad, then he gets my vote for sheer class
Beezy Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 22:23:58
I have actually read those novels but it was like 10-12 years ago. I don't remember much of it these days
KnightErrantJR Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 06:28:39
He appears in the Cleric Quintet . . . an assasin with a unique way of accomplishing things.
Beezy Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 06:27:01
Who is ghost? I have never read anything regarding him
TonyMontana1638 Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 17:47:00
No, I'd say artemis is still an exceptionally skilled rogue. Probably one of the best in the realms for that matter. I'd just say that the absolute cream of the rogue crop won't be revealed because the only beings who know they exist are the Gods and dead men.
Faramicos Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 12:34:13
ok... you are probably right... But are whe then to conclude that Artemis is a medium skilled rogue in comparison to the others. Because that scares me a little. The others would have to be somehing close to mere shadows with blades...
TonyMontana1638 Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 05:59:09
This has popped up in discussion before, but the presence of the Void Incarnate prestige class in FR leads me to believe that we will never know the identitys of some of the greatest rogues: void incarnates are so good at their profession, in fact, they hardly exist. I'll post this link for further reference, but I'm not entirely certain if I'm allowed to do so. If not, then sorry to the moderators about having to remove this post. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20030418a
Faramicos Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 18:11:49
But wouldent you have to assume that the fame tied to their names in our heads isnt present on Faerun? I would guess that if you asked a simple common man who Artemis Entreri is, he wouldnt have the faintest idea. They have made a name in som circles, agreed, but a character as Entreri is very unlikely to be known on the same level as a king or a famous Hero etc... But is it possible to rise to power as a thief or an assassin without being "famous" (infamous) in some layers of society... I dont know. Probably possible, but highly unlikely.
Bluenose Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 13:46:00
Bhaal, Cyric, and Mask all made it to godhood.

But probably the best thief is someone you've never heard of, and they like it just that way.

Fame kills rogues.
Faramicos Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 12:26:33
HE HE HE HE HE... Sneaky way of using divinity in a conversation. Good thinking. And regarding not having read about the Rogue/Thief/Assassins in question, there is no excuse besides never having heard of them. If you know of their existence, you must immediatly read the books about them. You will not be dissapointed.
Kaladorm Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 10:45:51
Oh well played Kajehase *clap*
Kajehase Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 06:53:04
*grins* Mask
marcsmart Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 06:42:34
Hmm...these names always appear in the forum, but I havent read about them just yet~

Better to find out before I ask ~

Thanks anyway
scererar Posted - 20 Jan 2006 : 06:13:28
entreri, jarlaxle, Riven, ghost, etc.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000