Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dispelling Strike?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 30 Jun 2004 : 01:55:53
Is there a weapon quality that allows a sucessful strike to dispel magic? Ryld's Splitter, Paramore's Kneuma, and a few others seem to have this ability, but I don't know if there is a specific quality for it. Such a weapon would be at least +3, probally greater, but I'm not certain.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 05:44:47
I also believe that the weapon property the Bookwyrm just mentioned, has received some "extra" treatment and alteration in the more recent The Quintessential Wizard II tome.
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Jul 2004 : 05:29:19
There's a weapon property in The Quintessential Wizard that allows a weapon make a targeted dispel against certain protective spells. It's a +3 enhancement -- and oddly, it requires Forge Ring in addition to the standard Craft Magic Arms and Armor.
Garen Thal Posted - 01 Jul 2004 : 05:13:55
The justification for changing the price to a gp adjustment is (or rather, would be, should anyone decide to justify it) that the property duplicates a spell effect with a set number of uses and caster level, and therefore should be priced accordingly. If you can accurately set a straight gp price for any property, then a plus-based pricing isn't really appropriate.
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 01 Jul 2004 : 03:37:51
Thanks, Arivia. Quite pricy, but I suppose it's worth it if you fight casters often.
Arivia Posted - 01 Jul 2004 : 03:34:30
quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

I wonder why a gp adjustment. A plus seems more appropriate. Do you have the prices?

I'll pass them off to you in the mail...*reaches for PGtF*

EDIT: Sent.
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 01 Jul 2004 : 03:23:14
I wonder why a gp adjustment. A plus seems more appropriate. Do you have the prices?
Garen Thal Posted - 30 Jun 2004 : 17:27:17
The holy avenger sword permits only the area dispel function of dispel magic. There is, however, a weapon property called dispelling which appears in Magic of Faerūn, and is updated in Player's Guide to Faerūn, the latter of which converts the price to a straight gp adjustment rather than a plus-based price, and adds a greater dispelling property as well. The less powerful version may only be used once per day, and the more powerful three times per day.
Chyron Posted - 30 Jun 2004 : 17:02:30
Well, I believe that a Holy Avenger features this quality, but of course only when in the hands of Paladins. I have not yet encounted such a weapon ability elsewhere. But I do not have many of the non-coure non-realms Crunchie sourcebooks.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000