Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Zheng'i stats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Senbar Flay Posted - 24 Jun 2004 : 19:26:07
I would like to know if anybody has Zheng'is stats because he seemed like a powerful character having conquerd Vassa and Dammara for a time however I would like a specefic description of levels and such if their is an official statistic for him please and thank you.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 18:10:42
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra
According to FR-9, Zhengyi's Castle Perilous arose in the frozen tundra of Vaasa in late 1347, and his armies roared through Bloodstone pass in spring of 1348. The war against the Witch-King rages across the duchies of Brandiar and Soravia for almost 10 years, until the battle at the Ford of Goliad in 1357, when King Virdin was betrayed and the Damaran army was shattered. Thence followed the Night of Sated Blades, when the vast majority of Damaran nobility was slain in a single night by the Assassin's Guild.

You are right the FRCS does also say he rose in 1347 but the rest of my dates were right as well.
Brother Ezra Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 15:54:12
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I can't recall, but what was the time frame for when the Bloodstone events took place?

1357 to 1359 according to the FRCS. Also Green Giant had stat'd Zheng'i about 2 weeks back but all of his conversions are on the WOTC boards.

According to FR-9, Zhengyi's Castle Perilous arose in the frozen tundra of Vaasa in late 1347, and his armies roared through Bloodstone pass in spring of 1348. The war against the Witch-King rages across the duchies of Brandiar and Soravia for almost 10 years, until the battle at the Ford of Goliad in 1357, when King Virdin was betrayed and the Damaran army was shattered. Thence followed the Night of Sated Blades, when the vast majority of Damaran nobility was slain in a single night by the Assassin's Guild.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 21:05:41
quote:
Another key element, but he could always return in the next FR product like many others once thought lost.

With the way things that were thought "lost" are returning, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 20:33:52
quote:
Probably, plus I think he's dead?...... :)

Another key element, but he could always return in the next FR product like many others once thought lost.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 20:27:32
quote:
I knew that the time period was awhile back, but didn't realize it was that far. Thus, I wonder if that might be one of the reasons Zhengi is not mentioned as much in the FRCS.

Probably, plus I think he's dead?...... :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 19:53:03
quote:
1357 to 1359 according to the FRCS.

I knew that the time period was awhile back, but didn't realize it was that far. Thus, I wonder if that might be one of the reasons Zhengi is not mentioned as much in the FRCS.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 19:45:41
quote:
I can't recall, but what was the time frame for when the Bloodstone events took place?

1357 to 1359 according to the FRCS. Also Green Giant had stat'd Zheng'i about 2 weeks back but all of his conversions are on the WOTC boards.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 19:06:02
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

Thanks for the info alllot .He is quite powerful I would have thought him weaker because it does not describe him to much in the FR Campaign Setting other than he conquerd Vassa and Dammara for a time...

Senbar Flay Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:59:03
Thanks for the info alllot .He is quite powerful I would have thought him weaker because it does not describe him to much in the FR Campaign Setting other than he conquerd Vassa and Dammara for a time...
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 15:18:07
quote:
Originally posted by Darkheyr

Well, I once did his stats briefly since I'm going to use him in my campaign... Happy to share if ye want.

For 3.0 or 3.5e? Regardless, I think many scribes would be happy to see the stats you created. Please share them if you get the chance.
Sarelle Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 12:38:59
You can download the 2e Zengyi in Throne of the Bloodstone, here in Candlekeep.
Darkheyr Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 07:11:48
Well, I once did his stats briefly since I'm going to use him in my campaign... Happy to share if ye want.

And yes, he DOES have a wizard caster level of 30, with a Necromancy specialization
Hes a rather scary fellow though... So don't use him lightly.
Sarta Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 05:01:36
Yeah, second edition was fun that way. Lich's were monsters. If I recall correctly, he had base number of hit dice for a lich too, rather than upgraded to higher. Although he had far more hit points than the average for that hit die total.

Were one to update his stats to 3.0 or 3.5 he would be far more frightening.

Sarta
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 02:32:09
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

I don't have the reference in front of me, but I believe that Zhengyi the Witch-King was statted in H-4 The Throne of Bloodstone. This is a second edition product, and to my knowledge, Zhengyi's stats have not been converted to 3.X.

Page 19 of the above mentioned tome lists him as a Lich, former 30th level magic user.
Brother Ezra Posted - 24 Jun 2004 : 21:11:14
I don't have the reference in front of me, but I believe that Zhengyi the Witch-King was statted in H-4 The Throne of Bloodstone. This is a second edition product, and to my knowledge, Zhengyi's stats have not been converted to 3.X.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000