Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Efreeti (5th edition)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Quasymor Posted - 20 May 2024 : 21:02:54
Soo I was looking at the wiki fandom of Fr and I realized that there isn't much about efreeties, like, aside from the fact that they live mostly in the sun (wtf ?) ain't they related to Calimshan or Amn since they're from Islamic culture as those lands are the closest culturally and geographically based on the Maghreb, just like djinns ?

kinda want to know more, and when they don't live on the elemental fire plane or sun, where do they prefer to go ? Do they have some contact with humans or Toril creatures ? Do they kinda act like cavern monsters terrifying people, demanding sacrifice and hiding treasures, or are they smarter than that ?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 23 May 2024 : 19:57:09
quote:
Originally posted by Quasymor

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Efreeti are extremely intelligent. Genies of all sorts have the most ties to the area known as Zakhara / Al-Qadim campaign setting (which is on Toril... south-central part of the continent. But they LIVE on other planes typically, so they aren't common here. Recommend that if you're interested to look into some of the old 2nd edition Al-Qadim lore. Calimshan does also have ties to Efreeti. So does Thay, especially in that they had a war (the Salamander War) in which they summoned efreeti and salamanders to invade their rivals and it went awry. They also have involvement with Mulhorand and the cities in the Plains of Purple Dust via the old Desert of Desolation modules.

thank you SO much for the information, what annoys me really is that there are a lot of new books getting published in 5th edition, but they can't even re-adapt older edition, and instead republish the most basic flat standard stuff and if anyone want to dig a bit deeper, it becomes a hunt for the lost piece. I might be a newbie, but this really ticks me off. Any sites aside from wiki fandom and the older edition books (that I have a hard time to find) that could be of any use ?
I really appreciate the help !

NP, regarding re-adapting older edition stuff... you gotta remember that they need to make money. I know I personally wouldn't pay a dime towards a 5e recreation of an earlier module. That's where stuff like DM's Guild comes into play, and you'll find a lot of stuff redone there for 5e.

You can also find PDFs of older books on DM's Guild as well. They also aren't huge in price compared to newer books. For instance, looking at the below search for Al-Qadim, you can get the "Land of Fate" campaign setting for $9.99 and the Al-Qadim rulebook for $4.99. Both will have significant lore (more in the campaign setting). Compare that to a 5e book, most of which are around $35 and you can probably pick up those two books and probably 2 other supplements for about the same price. I personally loved Ruined Kingdoms.

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_45361_0_0_0_0_0&term=al-
Quasymor Posted - 21 May 2024 : 19:28:04
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Efreeti are extremely intelligent. Genies of all sorts have the most ties to the area known as Zakhara / Al-Qadim campaign setting (which is on Toril... south-central part of the continent. But they LIVE on other planes typically, so they aren't common here. Recommend that if you're interested to look into some of the old 2nd edition Al-Qadim lore. Calimshan does also have ties to Efreeti. So does Thay, especially in that they had a war (the Salamander War) in which they summoned efreeti and salamanders to invade their rivals and it went awry. They also have involvement with Mulhorand and the cities in the Plains of Purple Dust via the old Desert of Desolation modules.

thank you SO much for the information, what annoys me really is that there are a lot of new books getting published in 5th edition, but they can't even re-adapt older edition, and instead republish the most basic flat standard stuff and if anyone want to dig a bit deeper, it becomes a hunt for the lost piece. I might be a newbie, but this really ticks me off. Any sites aside from wiki fandom and the older edition books (that I have a hard time to find) that could be of any use ?
I really appreciate the help !
sleyvas Posted - 21 May 2024 : 15:04:20

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000