Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Unofficial Campaign Setting, Winds of Fate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stinker Posted - 08 Oct 2023 : 13:44:47
During the early 2000s online, there was an unofficial Forgotten Realms campaign setting called Winds of Fate. It looked interesting and well-invented with the way it had some of its campaign elements set up. The deities who died in the official setting did not die in the FR Unofficial Winds of Fate. I wonder what happened to that electronic computer net site. Has anybody found it or remember it?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Azar Posted - 09 Oct 2023 : 23:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If you've still got the URL, you can always use the Internet Wayback Machine to look it up.

Sadly, even that is threatened.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2023 : 03:39:29
If you've still got the URL, you can always use the Internet Wayback Machine to look it up.
Ayrik Posted - 09 Oct 2023 : 02:02:14
Even WotC's own sites and archives from those years have been culled, diminished, lost to time.

And if WotC couldn't be bothered to properly maintain, preserve, and curate their own OFFICIAL materials then just imagine how poorly the fan-sites and fan-forums fared with their UNOFFICIAL equivalents.

You might be able to find what you're looking for in the mess of distributed REALMS-L scraps. Or even here at Candlekeep (if you can figure out the proper command words to motivate Alaundo's elderly search genie into finding something useful).
Very, very few other fan sites from that era have survived this test of time. (And most of those few, that I know of, are no longer public domain - they've gone private - so you won't find them in the search engines or in the old link breadcrumbs anymore.)

There is this bit of unrelated Zakhara/Realmslore, just in case you're interested.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Wind_of_Fate

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000