Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ed Greenwood today regarding Alaundo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newbiedm Posted - 01 Mar 2022 : 19:44:18
Ed chimed in on a tweet of mine regarding Alaundo's skull, and he surprised me by saying that "it's still attached to his body".

He then went on to explain that Alaundo exists as a form of undead.

Here is the thread...

https://twitter.com/newbiedm/status/1498524385216544768?s=20&t=pGY91SPeXwsSMU_h203XSQ

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/1498692316873347076?s=20&t=pGY91SPeXwsSMU_h203XSQ

I found this interesting. I thought Alaundo was long gone and his skull was off in a market stall somewhere waiting to be picked up by PCs or a mind flayer somewhere.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 14 Mar 2022 : 22:01:24
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
They tend to just lay there, since the soul is in the current clone. I heard though that a person who places a magic mouth spell upon one head and then brings it close to another head of Alaundo will cause it to suddenly "come to life" just long enough to animate and say some cryptic phrase. Of course, I've never had two heads together at once to confirm this, and it smacks of spuriousness, so I doubt the truth of it.

Sounds like another one of Volo's often-told "tales" that even he can't tell is the truth or not...but there have been stranger things in the Realms before...

That reminds me, I DO know what happens if you bring two Volo heads together. Nothing. It seems there are a lot more of those available around the realms after there was one version of Voltohamp Geddarm that was eaten by a deepspawn. Someone even told me that there's a bugbear tribe that made a set of stretched scalp drums on a trio of Volo skulls that had their tops removed
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 13 Mar 2022 : 23:06:14
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
They tend to just lay there, since the soul is in the current clone. I heard though that a person who places a magic mouth spell upon one head and then brings it close to another head of Alaundo will cause it to suddenly "come to life" just long enough to animate and say some cryptic phrase. Of course, I've never had two heads together at once to confirm this, and it smacks of spuriousness, so I doubt the truth of it.

Sounds like another one of Volo's often-told "tales" that even he can't tell is the truth or not...but there have been stranger things in the Realms before...
sleyvas Posted - 13 Mar 2022 : 17:33:24
quote:
Originally posted by Balmar Foghaven

If we brought two heads of Alaundo together,will they hold a proper conversation or simply quote prophecies at each other for hours?

Charles Phipps Posted - 13 Mar 2022 : 09:28:03
The Head of Alaundo!
Delnyn Posted - 11 Mar 2022 : 06:36:46
quote:
Originally posted by Balmar Foghaven

If we brought two heads of Alaundo together,will they hold a proper conversation or simply quote prophecies at each other for hours?

This gives Aamuel and Hethradiah vibes.
Balmar Foghaven Posted - 10 Mar 2022 : 14:25:48
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 09 Mar 2022 : 01:50:03
Oh dear gods...apparently I'm using a different Alaundo's head for my game of candlepins...I thought it was the only one, but now I see it isn't...'tis a shame, really...was gonna sell it to the highest bidder at the upcoming auction in Waterdeep...guess that's out the window now...

::quickly grabs all the pins and the disembodied head of Alaundo and disappears in a puff of smoke::
Ayrik Posted - 06 Mar 2022 : 01:55:15
quote:
On a totally different topic.... anyone seen Alaundo's hair brush?

Look at that disembodied floating big head. Evidently even Alaundo himself hasn't seen that missing hair brush for a long time now.
sleyvas Posted - 06 Mar 2022 : 01:38:52
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

EGADS!! Wait, what?! Now listen here, scribes, I'm in need of this skull... it may be full, may produce ramblings, but I'm not quite done with it yet

:: runs back to chamber and bolts door firmly shut::

See folks, now THAT was the clone. Now that skull over there that that gnome is playing with attaching a skull on top of a wooden puppet that he's carved, that's ONE of the skulls of a prior Alaundo. That illithid over there drinking boiled brain broth from a upside down skull that's lined on the inside with glass, that's another skull of a prior Alaundo. There's many uses one can put to a skull of Alaundo. I was thinking one might really enhance the functioning of a crystal ball that it's inset into, for instance if one got a sizable piece of personal material. On a totally different topic.... anyone seen Alaundo's hair brush?
Ayrik Posted - 05 Mar 2022 : 10:30:39
Alright, he's gone. Finally.

Time to pull out the dice, booze, and wenches!
Alaundo Posted - 05 Mar 2022 : 10:10:30
EGADS!! Wait, what?! Now listen here, scribes, I'm in need of this skull... it may be full, may produce ramblings, but I'm not quite done with it yet

:: runs back to chamber and bolts door firmly shut::
LordofBones Posted - 05 Mar 2022 : 01:40:09
...it's honestly kind of a 'meh' reveal. The skull has been floating around in Limbo forever, doing jack-all, despite being the last remaining relic of the greatest prognosticator since Savras himself, and now the dude himself is a glorified bedsheet.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Mar 2022 : 16:28:54
I'm just concerned about Big Al finding this discussion...
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 04 Mar 2022 : 16:16:13
What is Alaundo's status then? Is he currently something akin to a(n) (Arch)Lich?
sleyvas Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 14:49:05
If I kill Alaundo and chop off his head, but the clone of Alaundo activates, then the skull of Alaundo is both attached as well as lying on the ground unattached.
George Krashos Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 08:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Oh, there can be some skull of Alaundo out there. Just not the skull of THE Alaundo.

It is still the skull of THE Alaundo.

-- George Krashos
Storyteller Hero Posted - 01 Mar 2022 : 20:16:34
Manshoon giggles in plot twist.

Zeromaru X Posted - 01 Mar 2022 : 19:48:14
Oh, there can be some skull of Alaundo out there. Just not the skull of THE Alaundo.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000