Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WARNING: Stupid Topic Alert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 26 Aug 2021 : 13:49:58
Yeah, I knew that subject would make you read this... no, seriously, I mean you (I won't reveal your name, lest I embarass you)

So, here's the deal. I bought a temporary dream (you guys call it a lottery ticket). It's not an usual thing, I probably do it once a month on a lark. The drawing won't be for a couple days, which allows me time to dream that I won. Literally, I woke up this morning from one such dream. I had the goofiest idea of what I'd do with the money. What was it? Buying an old local restaurant that has closed but is in a great location, right in front of walmart with a lot of land around it, demolishing it, and replacing it with a restaurant aimed at kid's, and with animal "knights" and "wizards", etc... as mascots. I pictured making 3d objects of them, and putting computers with microsoft's paint3d available for kids to paint (locked down so that they can only do a few apps) these symbols of the mascots. I pictured selling bigger-than-minis little statues of the mascots for kids to paint.

Stupid idea, right? I'd probably make no money. But it was fun to think about. The idea wouldn't leave my head. So, just as a lark, I open the topic for us all to come up with "heroes and villains" to use. My thoughts are that there should be no evil dogs or cats or any other creature that people might typically have as pets. snakes and other reptiles should be evil. Birds can fall in both camps. Animals should be from North America, and basically fit a "country bumpkin" theme. Also, things like jackalopes might be standard mounts for things like mouse knights.
So, let your inner Looney Tunes/ smurf / robin hood free and come up with names. I'll open the floor with these

Allagon the Alligator dragon

Grimboar the evil boar knight

Princess Keekee, a cat princess

Sir Purralot, a golden-striped tabby knight, who is a bit older

Purriclese the Pure, a black cat knight with white paws and a white circle around one eye

Grraevin the Grim, a bulldog knight

Barkimus the Brave, another dog knight, looking like a hound dog with floppy ears

Wyldwoof the wizard, a dog wizard

Buckmere the Bannerman, a stag knight who uses a spear with a flag on it

Meowmyr the bard, a female cat bad

Oh, did I mention this was a really stupid topic? But I know you want to come up with names..... its fun....

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 01 Sep 2021 : 14:10:24
Oooo, thanks for the reminder. With the hurricane barreling in, I forgot to check my lottery tickets. Maybe I won and you guys will hear on the news about some idiot opening a restaurant featuring statues of dog knights and cat wizards.
TBeholder Posted - 01 Sep 2021 : 02:32:57
Beasts of Burden Town Musicians of Bremen: Teh RPG?
There already are bunnies, crows and cats.
So why not, but you'd have wilder discrepancy of basic capabilities than usual.
I suspect for such a thing *D&D style mechanics would be even more atrocious than for wha it's supposed to handle, however. So maybe either something like d100 (like WH40kRP) or rules-light.
sleyvas Posted - 26 Aug 2021 : 20:50:29
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Too bad you limited it to North America... I recently got, from a Kickstarter, a miniature of a platypus wizard.

Because why not?

Really? I bet that's cute.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Aug 2021 : 15:54:00
Too bad you limited it to North America... I recently got, from a Kickstarter, a miniature of a platypus wizard.

Because why not?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000