Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep/Forgotten Realms Discord Channels?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RoshaBeli Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 16:52:54
I've been enjoying Discord as a wonderful gaming platform, and it would seem right to me, there'd be an interest in live discussion surrounding the books/lore and adventures revolving the realms. Anyone know of anything of this sort?

Mod Edit: Link removed, banhammer dropped. Should've realized this was another of those delayed spams. I'm leaving the topic, though, since it has come up before.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gelcur Posted - 26 Aug 2021 : 18:36:38
Just to add my 2 coppers, Discord is one of the most insecure forms of communication there is out there. Its popularity baffles me.

I am not speaking to the content of what goes on there, I'm sure creative productive things happen in between all the gifs and memes. It lacks any sort of privacy (everyone can read every channel whether invited or not if you know what you are doing) combined with the easily exploited "software" (multiple instances of malware and backdoors in the past) makes me wonder why anyone would risk using it at all.

I'll stick to my bulletin boards and internet relay chat rooms thanks.
sno4wy Posted - 24 Aug 2021 : 20:43:00
BadCatMan has it right.
BadCatMan Posted - 24 Aug 2021 : 02:04:20
If I'm doing it right, this is a link to one popular Forgotten Realms Discord server.
https://discord.gg/tPMYgNBn
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 18:25:21
I'm sure there are FR-based Discord channels, but there aren't any that are officially associated with Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000