Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Netherese Calendar for Months?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
substantianorminata Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 01:34:40
Has it ever been established how the Netherese marked the months and weeks? I assume not the same as the Dalereckoning calendar, but I've never seen any description except their year dating.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheIriaeban Posted - 25 Aug 2021 : 14:30:31
"Your Honor, I would ask that the case be dismissed because the claimant is at this time, let me check my notes, in fact, dead. Additionally, his estate no longer exists because of the claimant's actions that resulted in the destruction of his home and nation. There may be some who will dispute this position since I believe a 'cult' has been created by those that believe the claimant is now of divine stature. I would submit that if this is true, the claimant should appear now, personally and physically, to provide proof to the contrary."
<pauses>
"Since the claimant didn't appear, I stress that this case should be dismissed. Thank you, your Honor."
Eldacar Posted - 24 Aug 2021 : 18:49:01
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-This is all slander.

Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.
sleyvas Posted - 24 Aug 2021 : 14:54:55
But its fun slander....
Lord Karsus Posted - 24 Aug 2021 : 01:43:32
-This is all slander.
substantianorminata Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 23:43:56
No, no. That was Quantoul, I believe. Quantoul’s fastmorph. So...Haste was developed by a *giant-sized* *polymorphed*...toddler on pixy stix and espresso!
TheIriaeban Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 22:46:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think it better to think of them as the scientists in Jurassic Park, as described by Ian Malcolm: So obsessed with whether or not they could do something that they never stopped to think if they should do it.

And in Karsus's case, add to that being as hyperactive as a toddler on Pixy Stix and espresso.

Oh, so he came up with the Haste spell.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 22:18:56
I think it better to think of them as the scientists in Jurassic Park, as described by Ian Malcolm: So obsessed with whether or not they could do something that they never stopped to think if they should do it.

And in Karsus's case, add to that being as hyperactive as a toddler on Pixy Stix and espresso.
substantianorminata Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 22:12:32
And thus introduced new canon into my world. Feel free to introduce more 'all of them were insane' gossip. Please! My lorehound players will be so amused...
Gary Dallison Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 17:01:45
I made up married his sister because he is a lunatic and that seems to be the kind of thing you do when you are mad and become an emperor of sorts.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 15:31:45
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Ooh I like that. Karsus would of course have had a month celebrating each stage or milestone in his life.

Heavy Magic month. Married my sister month. Slaughtered helpless elf babies month.

Wait... what? He married his sister? I don't doubt slaughtering elves.

Karsus Targaryen, First of His Name, King of Prideful Fools, Bane of Netheril
sleyvas Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 14:27:56
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Ooh I like that. Karsus would of course have had a month celebrating each stage or milestone in his life.

Heavy Magic month. Married my sister month. Slaughtered helpless elf babies month.

Wait... what? He married his sister? I don't doubt slaughtering elves.
substantianorminata Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 14:21:45
How did I miss the part where Karsus married his sister? I mean, seems in character. Just curious where that bit of juicy gossip came from. And, whether there is any more there that I am missing. (I have a campaign heavily featuring a returned Netherese enclave. The 'high school gossip' level descriptions of old Netheril provide fun flavor text for the PCs. And, let's be honest, for me as DM!)
Gary Dallison Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 10:01:14

George Krashos Posted - 23 Aug 2021 : 08:07:47
No. That lore has not been revealed. They definitely would not have used the Calendar of Harptos and I suspect that they had no single coherent dating system. Each city-state and enclave would have had their own.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000