Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eberron Unleashed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 24 Jul 2018 : 23:32:45
Looks like Eberron content is now allowable at the DMs Guild.

-- George Krashos
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 06:46:32
Interesting. The Eberron (digital) book seems more like an Unearthed Arcana publication…. it states in the description that much of it is playtest material, playtest races, classes, etc. If you try it out, they clearly want your feedback.

Which of course means that a final hardback publication would likely result some months (or a year) down the line.

As for the simultaneous announcement of the Ravnica setting for D&D 5E….. bleh. I would have preferred that they spend the time producing a Greyhawk or Planescape campaign book, rather than introducing a setting looted from their own MTG franchise. But whatever. The more settings for 5E the merrier, I suppose.

Addendum: I saw the price of the DMs Guild Eberron book. I think that $19.95 is an unreasonable price for a "playtest" setting book. They want the players to be the guinea pigs, to be the unpaid playtesters, who are asked to give plenty of feedback after paying for and playing this material. God already knows that after you pay for this "playtest book", it will eventually result in a fully-sanctioned final hardback publication for 5E….. which the customers again have to pay something like $40 to $50 retail price.

NO. This should have been something like $4.99 on the DMs Guild. It's playtest material, I'm not a fan of paying full price for playtest beta-quality material.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 04:41:23
If I'd've had more time and money when it was coming out, I'd've really gotten into Eberron. I quite liked what I read of it. (Obviously, I really liked the warforged! )
Lord Karsus Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 03:39:47
-Wasn't really too much of a fan of Eberron during the "wars" on the forums when it first came out, but being older and wiser now (lol), I can appreciate it for thinking outside the box and being pretty unique.
sleyvas Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 00:16:11
interesting, so if we wanted to write up something actually linking the two worlds we could? Not that I was thinking of it, but I do know there was some kind of Lolth link.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000