Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Madeiron, Piergeiron, and Texter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sunderstone Posted - 16 Mar 2018 : 15:26:43
I comissioned another art piece of my favorite Waterdeep characters and thought I would share.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85p4ym1d9j4n2p9/Madeiron%2C%20Piergeiron%2C%20and%20Texter.jpg?dl=0

Here is the artist I used.

https://www.artstation.com/willhsiang

Enjoy!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Irennan Posted - 19 Mar 2018 : 21:17:51
quote:
Originally posted by Sunderstone

I comissioned another art piece of my favorite Waterdeep characters and thought I would share.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85p4ym1d9j4n2p9/Madeiron%2C%20Piergeiron%2C%20and%20Texter.jpg?dl=0

Here is the artist I used.

https://www.artstation.com/willhsiang

Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing, amazing art.
Sunderstone Posted - 19 Mar 2018 : 21:16:51
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Beautiful art.

I always hoped there would be an art of the Forgotten Realms book much like you see with Middle Earth and other IPs. I am glad I have been able to contribute to seeing a small bit I really like come to life. I wish I had an artist's talent and could do things like this piece.
Sunderstone Posted - 19 Mar 2018 : 21:13:09
quote:
Originally posted by Sunderstone

quote:
Originally posted by Strongheart

That is awesome! I’ve always loved Paladins and it’s cool to see prominent FR paladins visually depicted. I’ve seen other art of Piergeiron and it’s nice to see Madeiron and Texter brought to life. I imagine Piergeiron was pretty safe when out and about with a bodyguard like that in tow! How much does something like that cost to have done?

I sent you the particulars via PM.

These characters stood out to me the first time I picked up FR1, the original Waterdeep supplement. Piergeiron always seemed to be the most King Arthur like character in the Realms to me, even more so than Azoun. Piergeiron embodies justice, fairness, and great ability as both a warrior and ruler. I liked Texter becaue he was a fiercer Paladin and not content unless he was seeking out evil and injustice where it existed and stamping it out and spent much of his time on the road. Madeiron was my favorite because I have always loved the Ferdinad the Bull trope. After reading the Double Diamond Series, I really loved the characterization in the final book the Diamond which was written by Ed. If I remember correctly, Khelban wondered if there was such a thing as a true heart and surmised if anyone had one it would be Madeiron Sunderstoneand pondered if Madeiron would perish greiving by his masters coffin like a loyal truehearted sheepdog. I also loved some of the tidbits provided here by Ed and THO on him and the 3ed canon that added him being a direct descendant of the giant demigod, the Hartkiller from ancient Ostoria. I picture him as Piergeiron's "Mountain", much as Gregor Clegane was to Tywin Lannister, just with personalities and moral dispostions 180 degrees different.

I was amazed at how quickly the artist took my descriptions, the bits of lore from gaming materials, and some of the tidbits from Candlekeep from Ed and THO and came up with something very close to what I envisioned and resembled the less refined images of Piergeiron and Texter that exist in the supplements. He was great at sending work in progress images to solicit feedback and make adjustments.

Markustay Posted - 19 Mar 2018 : 19:08:24
Beautiful art.
Strongheart Posted - 19 Mar 2018 : 15:19:17
That is awesome! I’ve always loved Paladins and it’s cool to see prominent FR paladins visually depicted. I’ve seen other art of Piergeiron and it’s nice to see Madeiron and Texter brought to life. I imagine Piergeiron was pretty safe when out and about with a bodyguard like that in tow! How much does something like that cost to have done?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000