Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Unearthed Arcana in FR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gyor Posted - 25 Feb 2017 : 04:24:30
Okay they did a whole bunch of subclasses in the weekly Unearthed Arcana articles and I was wondering how you'd fit them into FR?

Example Favoured Souls would be descendants of deities and their servants, former and current chosen.

Most common in Mulhorand and Unther, I could see Favoured Souls being more common then clerics in that region.

Sea Sorcerors I can see being common in Calimshan and anywhere Water Genasi are common. I also see it as a cool side effect some people experience from being exposed to the Mythal of Myth Nentar (I may having that Sea Elf city wrong, it's the one that grants water breaking to land based species).

Phoenix Sorceror is tough, but I'm thinking more common in Kara Tur.

Zealous Barbarian I see more common in the tribes of Icewind Dale.

Horizon Walker Rangers I can see common about Shadvar and it's former assets, Evermeets Elves, Imaskari, Genasi. ect...

Lore Wizards common outside of Thay, but especially candlekeep.

Hexblades and Ravenqueen warlocks, common around the places of great shadow magic and worshippers of Jergal and Kelemvour, obviously replacing the Raven Queen.

Rogue Scouts, most armies would have them.

Ranger Guardians common among druids, especially the Emerald.

Herald of the Storm Barbarians, common in Icewind Dale (snow), Moonshaes (Sea), Tribes of the Lion in Calimshan (Desert).

Knights common all over the place, but especially Kingdoms.

Samuari common in Wa and that other fantasy Japan. Parts of Shue influence turf like Nathlan.

Stone Sorcerors common in Dwarf Kingdoms, where Earth Genasi are more common, and a certain subset of Swordmages who found their magic transformed after the Sundering.

Clerics of Forge, Protection, and Grave, common among the Gods who share those domains.

Paladins, Hell Knights common among lawful Neutral and Lawful evil Gods, much rarer among Lawful Good deities.

Oath of Deception, common among demon lords, Drow, worshippers of Mask, Cyric, Leira, maybe some oddballs in Chaotic good faiths.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZeshinX Posted - 02 Mar 2017 : 17:47:51
quote:
Samuari common in Wa and that other fantasy Japan

Kozakura. If you're interested. ;)
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 02 Mar 2017 : 16:14:39
Thanks
KanzenAU Posted - 02 Mar 2017 : 09:05:26
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles-tags/unearthed-arcana
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 02 Mar 2017 : 08:31:25
I've been trying to find the free version of Unearthed Arcana in the WOTC website with no kuck. Is it still free? And where could I find it???
Gyor Posted - 26 Feb 2017 : 15:50:50
4e had Hexblades as a type of warlock and so hass the Unearth Arcana article that covered them.
sleyvas Posted - 26 Feb 2017 : 02:40:12
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Some of the class chronicles fluff is outdated, the very rules of magic have changed twice since the time period being discussed in those articles (spellplague & Sundering).

I think some of the institutions and groups have been destroyed since that time.

And 5e has classes and forms of magic and vis versa that either didn't exist or work very differently.

Hexblades for examples are Warlocks, not a type of sorcery.

See I'd have a problem calling hexblades warlocks. Hexblades don't make a pact for power and are thereby beholden to another entity. If anything, I'd say hexblades are eldritch knights with access to a different set of spells.
Gyor Posted - 26 Feb 2017 : 01:52:50
Some of the class chronicles fluff is outdated, the very rules of magic have changed twice since the time period being discussed in those articles (spellplague & Sundering).

I think some of the institutions and groups have been destroyed since that time.

And 5e has classes and forms of magic and vis versa that either didn't exist or work very differently.

Hexblades for examples are Warlocks, not a type of sorcery.
Diffan Posted - 25 Feb 2017 : 21:07:48
I feel I should honor Eytan Bernstein for his works regarding different classes and how they fit into the Realms. While they are different Editions, there's a lot of same-ness with the myriad of 3e's classes and 5e's sub-paths for classes. They were detailed in pretty specific fashion with his Class Chronicles articles that covers Knights, Ninjas, Favored Souls, Hexblades, etc. Might be worth a look if you're interested as 95% of it is all about the flavor.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000