Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Excel spreadsheet list of FR deities

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cards77 Posted - 01 May 2014 : 18:18:34
I'm looking to save myself some work here. I figures someone may already have a list of all the FR deities, or at least a list of major ones in an Excel spredsheet some where. I'm not picky, it can be all, most, or major etc. Even if it's just the names. I'm hoping to add it to a home brew character creator so i don't have keep manually entering every PC's deity. Thanks.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xaeyruudh Posted - 04 May 2014 : 04:23:51
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Hey Xaeyruudh can you provide some insight into your beast-cult deities? Namely Besparr, Hlyyaak, Repra and Sneel? Or are these all listed in Dragon 54? (which I will need to find on ebay if they are).

They are from Down-to-earth Divinity, Ed's article in Dragon #54. That article makes the issue worth getting, in my opinion, but I know finding & buying it can take a while.

The pertinent information as far as the beast cults is:

quote:
by Ed Greenwood

All are from DDG without modification, except as follows: Sneel is Leiber’s "Rat God" (DDG, p. 102), and Repra is "Apep" (DDG, p. 50). Besparr, Hlyyaak, and the two "Supreme Beasts," Aslan and Lurue (sometimes called Silverymoon) are my own inventions. The last two are the Lion and Unicorn of nursery-rhyme fame.

Besparr is "Lord of Horses" and Hlyyaak is "King of Camels" — both are CG demigods

Also in the Beast Cults list in the article are Camazotz (bats), Fileet (birds), Haaashastaak (lizards), Lolth (spiders), Meerclar ("catkind"), Nnuuurrrr'c'c (insect swarms), Nuru-ah (cattle), Pyaray (creatures of the deep), and Roofdrak (dogs). These are all listed in the suppressed edition of the 1e Deities & Demigods which included Moorcock's gods & creatures. Camazotz is legal; he's in the Native American "chapter" iirc.

I find Ed's note on Lolth interesting too:

quote:
by Ed Greenwood

Although Lolth is presented in DDG under "Nonhumans’ Deities," I have listed her also among the Cults of the Beast, for in the Realms she is considered so. Lolth and her worship is known —though it is very rare— and the Drow are not, except in legend.

Given the evil chuckles I enjoy when thinking of human NPCs worshipping Lolth, potentially ushering her demonic servants into Faerun, and making life difficult for low-level PCs —while they naively suspect only the "legitimate" evil churches— I'm definitely running with Ed's idea and putting her on my Beast Cults list... not that the players need ever know that.
Cards77 Posted - 04 May 2014 : 01:11:38
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities

Well yeah obviously but it's this format is not easy to get into Excel for what I need.
The Arcanamach Posted - 03 May 2014 : 22:50:31
Hey Xaeyruudh can you provide some insight into your beast-cult deities? Namely Besparr, Hlyyaak, Repra and Sneel? Or are these all listed in Dragon 54? (which I will need to find on ebay if they are).
sleyvas Posted - 03 May 2014 : 17:39:09
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities
xaeyruudh Posted - 03 May 2014 : 16:12:13
I started playing with the Faerunian pantheon a while back, in response to a thread here, organizing it in terms of which ones are most favorable to adventurers rather than the "meta" concept of greater/intermediate/lesser/demi/whatever.

It's 3e homebrew, and rejects the Time of Troubles, so Bhaal, Myrkul, and Leira are on the list and Cyric and Kelemvor are not, but it should have most of the names you want. I apparently got distracted, because the portfolios aren't finished.

• My 5e pantheon

• (And it's not in Excel but you should be able to copy/paste it into Excel and fix it to your liking.)

Edit: Impressive blog, AuldDragon. Bookmarked for further reading.
    AuldDragon Posted - 02 May 2014 : 09:00:46
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cards77

I'm looking to save myself some work here. I figures someone may already have a list of all the FR deities, or at least a list of major ones in an Excel spredsheet some where. I'm not picky, it can be all, most, or major etc. Even if it's just the names. I'm hoping to add it to a home brew character creator so i don't have keep manually entering every PC's deity. Thanks.

I made a spreadsheet of almost all the deities that were canon in 2nd edition AD&D, which multiple sortable fields based on culture and world (human, elf, Toril, Oerth, etc.) a while back:
    http://blog.aulddragon.com/2010/12/complete-second-edition-deity-spreadsheet/

Some of the information changed in 3e and later so it would need tweaking, and it certainly has more information than you need. Might be a good start, though.

Jeff
    Cards77 Posted - 01 May 2014 : 23:55:36
    Any edition (prefer 3 and 3.5), more aimed at the Faerunian pantheon, would like at least the major powers. I can work on adding the rest. I just figured this was out there somewhere already.
    xaeyruudh Posted - 01 May 2014 : 21:21:16
    Which edition are you looking for? Just the Faerunian pantheon, or including other gods who are or might be active in the Realms?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000