Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sean K Reynolds let go from pazio

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silverwolfer Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 21:03:52
Just overall, just heard from a friend, that Sean Reyonlds was let go from pazio, may he stay with fluff and stay away from mechanics, if he returns to faerun work.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 00:30:02
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

At first I was like, it doesn't really matter (since all of us here are aware of the truth), but it is starting to get on my nerves.

Not so much because of what it says, but because no-one with the ability to make said change seems to care that this site is propagating a lie.

The original poster has the option to edit the title of this thread. I'd prefer to let him do it.

I think the rebuttals in the thread show that we are NOT "propagating a lie." Giving someone the option to rectify their own misunderstanding is not the same as deliberately spreading a falsehood.
Markustay Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 17:44:51
At first I was like, it doesn't really matter (since all of us here are aware of the truth), but it is starting to get on my nerves.

Not so much because of what it says, but because no-one with the ability to make said change seems to care that this site is propagating a lie.
Eltheron Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 17:11:10
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

Could the thread title be changed to something accurate?

Sean wasn't "let go", he resigned because per his facebook and elsewhere he's moving cross country with his wife as she'll be entering law school.

This. Sean's supporting his wife and he says it was a good time for him to make the move. Nothing suggests he was "let go" as the thread title suggests.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 16:50:40
I second the call for an edit to this scroll's title. Can it be changed, please?
Cards77 Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 16:17:06
However it happens, having SKR on the FR team would be a major, major win.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 21 Feb 2014 : 21:41:23
I have always liked Sean because of his openness, his blunt honesty and his total lack of fear in sharing (and defending) his opinions.

Best of luck to him.
Mournblade Posted - 21 Feb 2014 : 14:09:19
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

Ed Greenwood, if you would be so kind, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask Sean K. Reynolds to aid you et al. in the scribing of the D&DNext FR Campaign guide.

When I moved my campaign to Golarion after the 4e debacle it was mostly because alot of those FR creators were part of it. I am happy to say I moved my campaign back to the realms once it was announced the sundering was an attempt to fix the mistakes made with the 4e development.

Please let SKR be part of this!

While I can echo the sentiment, I must point out that it's not Ed's call. WotC may be wising up and giving Ed more control of the direction of the Realms, but it's still their property, and they'll make all the final decisions. And they are the ones who will dictate who works on what. I'm sure Ed can suggest they use SKR, but the WotC folks are the ones who will make that call.

When I met RA Salvatore, he told me he was the one that got WOTC to hire Troy Denning again for the sundering.

I understand that Ed has no hiring power. He does however have the influence that can get him to contribute. That was precisely the point of my original post.

Plaguescarred Posted - 21 Feb 2014 : 11:13:18
Best of Luck to Sean in future endeavors! I'm sure we'll hear from him again in future RPG projects.
Shemmy Posted - 21 Feb 2014 : 01:02:11
Could the thread title be changed to something accurate?

Sean wasn't "let go", he resigned because per his facebook and elsewhere he's moving cross country with his wife as she'll be entering law school.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 21:35:21
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

Ed Greenwood, if you would be so kind, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask Sean K. Reynolds to aid you et al. in the scribing of the D&DNext FR Campaign guide.

When I moved my campaign to Golarion after the 4e debacle it was mostly because alot of those FR creators were part of it. I am happy to say I moved my campaign back to the realms once it was announced the sundering was an attempt to fix the mistakes made with the 4e development.

While I can echo the sentiment, I must point out that it's not Ed's call. WotC may be wising up and giving Ed more control of the direction of the Realms, but it's still their property, and they'll make all the final decisions. And they are the ones who will dictate who works on what. I'm sure Ed can suggest they use SKR, but the WotC folks are the ones who will make that call.
Mournblade Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 20:12:07

Eltheron Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 19:13:09
I'd love to see this guy heading up, or even just involved with, design of the 5E Realms campaign guide.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 05:30:37
I remain a huge fan of a lot of his stuff, especially his self-published Curse of the Moon book on werecritters.
Dark Wizard Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 02:32:54
The actual situation appears very different from the "headline".

Seems he has good things happening in his life. Not everyone is in a position to resign from their job and relocate halfway across the country.

Nowadays freelance work, especially for a designer with his CV, is never more than a few emails, Skype calls, or G+ Hangouts away.

If I'm not mistaken, he will have a massive Pathfinder Golarion tome releasing in a couple of months. His contributions to Golarion are immense.

All the best to SKR.
Cards77 Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 02:13:09
His work is absolutely top notch. I hope he returns to work on Forgotten Realms or continues to put out quality supplements that can be used in the FR setting with Pathfinder rules.
Markustay Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 02:01:53
I wish him the best of luck. I think we are in for a 'gaming Renaissance', and the more people out there, working independently and for small companies, the better it is for all of us.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

From that blog post, and what I saw on Facebook, it looks voluntary to me.
Thats what I thought as well (I saw it on FB yesterday).
The Arcanamach Posted - 20 Feb 2014 : 00:42:46
I like his work and agree with wolfer 100%...let him come back and do some fluff (and not so much mechanics).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 22:02:25
From that blog post, and what I saw on Facebook, it looks voluntary to me.
Kentinal Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 21:13:14
http://seankreynolds.com/misc/a-new-chapter-indiana.html

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000