Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What sort of were-creatures, would be around AMN?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silverwolfer Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 06:32:58
So the city of AMN, sort of a huge trading point and all that fun stuff, but what wort of were creatures do you think you would find in the region , looking for something more exotic then werewolf,bear,boar,rats.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Demzer Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 17:37:59
Depending on the time your campaign is running you may deploy some more exotic werebeasts claiming they came from Maztica.

This works only if you're between late 1360s and 1385 (if you follow the canonical timeline).

You can introduce were-tigers, were-crocodiles, were-panthers, were-jaguars and were-eagles (the last two related to the elite native warriors of Maztican civilization). All this can be introduced as slaves imported from Maztica and then escaped (just to name one possible explanation if you need any).
Quale Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 17:37:53
were monk seal
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 16:20:29
Werecats were in a later published source, I believe, but they are also in the Realms Bestiary, Volumes 1 & 2 by Eric L. Boyd and Thomas M. Costa.

My write-up of Waterdeep's Hidden Lord Terielle Nashirn, in Candlekeep Compendium, Volume V - March 2006, was in part inspired by and drew heavily from that write-up.
Gyor Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 13:28:59
A Werecat of Sharess (think wild small cat)
George Krashos Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 08:25:59
Amn is a country not a city. It also holds a mythal city, Myth Lharast, which is a place for all sorts of were-creatures. See the "Lands of Intrigue" boxed set.

-- George Krashos
ksu_bond Posted - 28 Sep 2013 : 07:22:36
Well...I suppose a were-panther would be possible...perhaps even a were-crocodile from Mulhorand...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000