Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The site is super slow for me....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Caolin Posted - 07 Apr 2013 : 20:58:10
...and it has been slow for weeks. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing slowness here as well?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 12 Apr 2013 : 03:16:56
Strange that I've only encountered the scripting error once this week. And that was during the prolonged outage TBeholder mentioned earlier.
Ayrik Posted - 11 Apr 2013 : 18:38:36
I sometimes get the usual ASP 0013 error on my mobile device.

It seems the halls of Candlekeep can accomodate a limited number of simultaneous visitors, when too many scribes jam up the reading desks it's just too slow and I just entertain myself with other readings elsewhere for a little while.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Apr 2013 : 04:48:40
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

edit: ooh, lookit -
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql8.streamline.net' (10060)
/inc_header.asp, line 134

I saw that one this afternoon, too.
TBeholder Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 10:39:13
There are error messages on scripts taking too much time to execute.
It's just IIS being IIS, probably. Sooner or later they fall into senility.
LAMP, for example, doesn't. For that matter, phpbb typically running on them have at least sane search - that is, not ending in "I found it! it's... somewhere on those 100 pages, now look yourself... generating 1st... 2nd... 99th... WHY IS THE SERVER OVERLOADED?!" comedy.

edit: ooh, lookit -
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql8.streamline.net' (10060)
/inc_header.asp, line 134
BEAST Posted - 09 Apr 2013 : 04:34:39
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I'm in the same spot (figuratively and literally) as BEAST. Texas, and it only happens upon occasion. BEAST, what part of Texas? Might be we're neighbors! Of a sort.....

H-Town, in da house!

You're from around the big "D" ways, aren't ya?
Caolin Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 22:02:45
Yes, it does indeed seem like the gates are a little rusty. :)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 19:55:14
I'm in the same spot (figuratively and literally) as BEAST. Texas, and it only happens upon occasion. BEAST, what part of Texas? Might be we're neighbors! Of a sort.....
Arcanus Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 18:23:37
Load times vary a lot for me. Uk
Mapolq Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 18:18:23
Yes. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to load a board.

I'm in southern Brazil.
BEAST Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 16:27:35
It takes 1-2 minutes per page at the worst of times, for me, in Texas, USA.

Just think of it as the front doors to Candlekeep Library getting a little rusty, so it takes longer to get inside. Or the halls and aisles are so crowded with curious scribes, that it's taking a bit longer than usual to make our way to our desired scrolls.

But we'll get there:
quote:
"A sight I'll see again! Bruenor insisted. "We'll get there, elf." (The Crystal Shard, P1:C5)

(Right now, late morning, Monday, it's going fast. Other peoples must be stuck at work--actually working! )
sleyvas Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 12:56:33
at the exact same time as you posted this, it was taking like 5 or 10 minutes to refresh the active topics for me (if not timing out entirely). I saw your new topic, but refrained from commenting at that time because I figured the server was busy.
Dennis Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 06:02:12

Yes, but not all day. Sometimes just for a few minutes, and when I open multiple pages in tabs.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 03:43:46
There are periods mid-day and in the early morning (midnight to 2 am for me) where I have to wait a long time for pages to load. Sometimes my browser just gives up and leaves a page half loaded.
Hoondatha Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 03:41:31
I've been having the same thing, Caolin. Not all the time, but more often than not.
The Sage Posted - 08 Apr 2013 : 02:02:21
I haven't encountered any speed issues either, recently. Though there have been a few ASP errors popping up every so often. But nothing that's really impacted up the operational speed of the site.

May I suggest that it might be delay/lag from a local server/ISP?
Caladan Brood Posted - 07 Apr 2013 : 21:12:59
No slowness for me. Something weird going on with missing images or images replaced by pictures from other sites I've visited. It's passing strange..

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000