Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Resident Evil/Silent Hill Themed Campaign & Player

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aryalómë Posted - 06 Apr 2013 : 04:32:29
So, I've reawakened my interest in two of my all time favourite game series and have been really curious as to what material there could be in relating to this.

For the RE types: Of course there could be just some castle or place filled with zombies and such controlled by an necromancer, but that's too flat. What about organizations like Umbrella? Are there any such things remotely similar to that in FR? I like the idea of playing as a character like that (I planned on making an Albert Wesker themed PC ). One of my first thoughts was a shadow adept of Shar and taking place in latter day Netheril (if there's a few things about 4e Realms, I like that).

I distinctly remember from playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II that there was a quest where I had to go to Luvia Bloodmire's mansion in Baldur's Gate. In this mansion, there were all sorts of golem-like creatures (created from the severed pieces of bodies, namely human golems, dog golems and two huge mega golems). Eventually I had to go down in her lab where all was revealed that it was her doing it all. It was too much like Resident Evil

For Silent Hill, I haven't much energy to delve into that one right now, but I'm assuming aberrations would be good to use, wouldn't they?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 07 Apr 2013 : 13:19:02
Entromancer, which edition are you looking at? If we're talking 3.X edition, I'd highly suggest the 3.5 core supplement Heroes of Horror for bringing in a rather ghastly campaign.

Concerning Silent Hill, I've only played SH2 in full alongside the original PS1 demo for the first game, but I would say from what I've seen that the following creatures would be your best bets:
- Abberations (like you said)
- Undead (Corporeal and incorporeal)
- Magical Beasts
- Animals
- Vermin
- Swarms
- Humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids
- Shapechanger subtypes
Entromancer Posted - 07 Apr 2013 : 02:46:59
The Realms seem a big enough place that you could have a rogue Red Wizard running an Umbrella-esque operation. You might be very interested in Richard Lee Byers' Haunted Lands trilogy. Xingax had a factory in Thay manufacturing all manner of undead. You could work in a campaign sometime prior to the events of The Haunted Lands where your PC's are investigating disappearances, similar to the stuff S.T.A.R.S went to investigate in the Arklay Mountains in Resident Evil 1.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000