Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite FR characters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shades Posted - 21 Oct 2002 : 22:31:40
Just thought I'd start a topic. Who are your 5 favorite FR people, and possibly a reason for your #1.
1.Manshoon
2.Jarlaxle
3.Artemis Entreri
4.Drizzt
5.Aballister
I can't explain the reason I like Manshoon the most, ever since I read Spellfire he has been my favorite.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kiarnon Posted - 30 Sep 2003 : 06:25:12
1. Cadderly. (Cleric's are great!)
2. Danica
3. Pikel Bouldershoulder
4. Drizzt Do'Urden
5. Cattie Brie
Faraer Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 19:40:25
Looks like I haven't answered this. Today, in alphabetical order,

Elminster
Florin Falconhand
Jhaele Silvermane
Mirt
Sharanralee

(Not only is Mirt an 'untapped comedic goldmine', he's a profound and movingly wrought character and Ed's favoured single protagonist.)
The Cardinal Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 17:52:48
Ok I'll toast a round to the Zhent! Why didn't I think of those Characters
If the Gods be on a diffrent level than just mortal FR characters then I's have to put
1 Lolth
2 Shar
3 Umberlee
4 Auril
5 Velsharoon ( Had to put him on here somewhere )
zhentar reborn Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 16:09:44
favorites:
1) Manshoon
2) Any dead harper (not spectral)
3) Any dead dalesmen
4) Any dead purple dragon
5) Mirt the money lender - a 300lb thief who wears his lords robe just to look thin. An untapped comedic goldmine.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 02:02:59
1.Drizzt
2.Elminster
3.Artemis Entreri
4.Cattie-Brie
5.Khelben Blackstaff
Arteris Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 18:45:38
1. Artemis Entreri
2. Jarlaxle
3. Zaknafien
4. Szass Tam
5. Ivan & Pikel Bouldershoulder

Gods on the other hand...
1. Mielikki
2. Silvanus
3. Cyric
4. Mask
5. Tempus

Artemis Entreri has just always been a fav of mine. Who else actually has not only the courage but the skill as well to take on Drizzt with only his weapons and his smarts?
The Cardinal Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 12:39:32
OK I've decided to grace this text with my own favorite characters ( aren't you all lucky )
Ok So favs in to particular order are * Ahem*:
1 Gromph Baenre
2 Tertius Wands
3 Danilo Thann
4 Volothamp Geddarm
5 Liriel Baenre

Not a bad little list eh? At least I think so...but spot five was a hard choice... not enough options... for me anyways
Lina Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 11:13:44
From the ones I've read so far...

Arilyn Moonblade
Danlio Thann
Drizzt
Artemis Entreri
Elminster
Jander Sunstar Posted - 21 Sep 2003 : 22:17:30
first of all who doesnt like drizzt. but jander is the coolest. and ý love regis, he is so hugable(better not).also simbul she is powerful and hot( a little bit old but she doesn't show it)
for villians ý like jarlaxle(if ý spelled right) ý admire his inteligence and his attitudes. of course elaith craulnober, ý love his sense of humour. ý cannot neglect strad von zarovich, he is quite an amazing character. finally lord soth, he's been in ravenloft
Arivia Posted - 21 Sep 2003 : 02:59:20
1. Liriel Baenre
2. Dove Falconhand
3. Qilue Veladorn
4. Arilyn Moonblade
5. Alusair Obarskyr
Osmo Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 13:11:40
Too many to list here, but here is some. All of my forgotten realms characters. I love them all for they are all a small part of me,even the not so good ones. Drizt, and not just because he seems to be the flavor of the month. But because I feel a kinship to his inner struggle and emotional triple jumps. Danelo Thane, the bastard you almost can't help but like him. Blackstaff, power I hope oneday to wield with a pc mage. Manshoon, gotta have a fav badguy. Just a few but they're the good ones.
MuadDib Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 12:33:53
Favourite Characters in no particular order

Vangerdahast
Elminster
Khelben
The Seven
Peirgieron
Drizzt
Breunor
Cattie-Brie
The two dwarvwes from Cleric Quintet
Old Wolf
Artemis
hmm.. all i can think of right now, sad as that is
Mask Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 11:28:40
Ooh, almost forgot Giogi Wyvernspur. He's funny.
Mask Posted - 21 Jul 2003 : 11:27:25
I must say that I haven't read a lot of FR novels, yet. So I will have to judge from what I have read so far. I will include Gods, 'cause many books I've read have Gods as important characters.

1. Bane! He's quite the troublemaker. He creates adventure, even after his demise. And now he's back.
2. Alusair, I guess. She's a tough cookie.
3. Mask. I like the way he/she thinks.
4. Fzoul. Just because he's the chosen of Bane.

Like I said, I haven't read many novels, so forgive my ignorance.
Andion Isurand Posted - 25 Jun 2003 : 23:50:47
Thus far...

Eliath Craulnober (complicated, intriguing, skilled, cultured and venomous when he feels like it)
Drizzt Do'Urden (for having been able to carry 15+ fun novels)
Bronwyn (attractive, intelligent, dangerous and real)
Artemis Entreri (a very visceral character to get into)
Morgalla & Ebenezer (Elaine Cunningham's dwarves rock)
Leona Posted - 12 Jun 2003 : 04:50:30
Favs in order
1. Arilyn Moonblade
2. Drizzt Do'Urden
3. Finder Wyvernspur
4. Jarlaxle
5. Artemis Entreri
Lord Rad Posted - 07 Jun 2003 : 11:11:35
Another addition to my favorite FR characters. This time from Crusade (The Empires Trilogy, book 3)

Commander Vraak

SPOILERS
I thought this orc commander of the Zhentarim was great! Out of all the other armies commanders within the crusade under Azoun, he was by far the greatest. He kept his army in good order and was very obedient and loyal to the cause and to Azoun. He spoke with respect and although he was obviously following the orders of the Zhentarim, he was also obeying Azoun to complete the task at hand.
I was relieved to see that he survived the war and came out winning in that as well as his following Zhentarim orders.
Targon Moonrise Posted - 10 Apr 2003 : 18:34:05
My favorites:

Drizzt (and all the Champions of Mithril Hall)

Elminster

Erevis Cale

Jak Fleet

Drizzt's panther (Sorry, bad memory, so I can't remember name)

Montolio

Kelemvor Lyonsbane

Midnight

Adon

Ao

Helm

Bouldershoulder brothers (You gotta have the comic relief!)

Cadderly

That's all that I can think of right now but if I find more, I'll add to my list.
Lord Rad Posted - 10 Apr 2003 : 09:41:06
Yay, at last two other scribes agree with me about Pharaun and Ryld! I think theyre two of the best characters to come out of Realms novels for a long time!! I have a scroll somewhere about it......ah, here it is.

One character from Black Wolf which I also loved, Im not sure why, and he plays a small role, is Voorla. I think he was great, there appeared to be........... ::Alaundo hits Rad on back of head::

Oops, sorry Alaundo. Ahem..... WARNING:SPOILERS
...there appeared to be some respect and companionship (not sure if thats the right word) between Voorla and Stannis (not so much Radu though), and I just loved the way that Voorla spoke to Stannis calmly and in his native troll tongue, but always ended the sentence with "Malveen".... it just added a bit of grace to him! loved it!
Mournblade Posted - 10 Apr 2003 : 00:52:13
1. Drizzt Do'Urden How can it be otherwise?

2. King Azoun IV (Sadly now deceased)
3. Arilyn Moonblade
4. Fzoul Chembryl
5. Pharaun/Ryld (I love lawful drow)
6. Bruenor Battlehammer
7. Queen Mother Robin Kendrick (Moonshaes)
8. Khannyr Vhok (Because my players kicked his butt in Hellgate. Heh heh, he is now an exile near the destroyed Ched Nasad)
9. Jaheira
10.Deirdre Kendrick
Araushnee Posted - 09 Apr 2003 : 19:14:07
I guess I have a somewhat evil air about me. But the good guys always bring on a good day. I know I put 6, but I couldn't help it!

0.Pharaun Mizzrym
1.Araushnee (Lloth)
2.Catti-Brie
3.Elminster
4.Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun
5.Drizzt Do'Urden
Yasraena Posted - 09 Apr 2003 : 06:27:15
Just too damn many great characters to choose from. But, the ones that really stick out for me (in no particular order)

Dizzt Do'Urden - Just because he was the first Drow to be known for forsaking his heritage and to really stick to his beliefs, no matter what the consequences.

Shandril Shessair - She was just such a tragic character. All she wanted was to be left alone and she got the entire cadre of evil in the Realms after her because of something she had no say in. Just sad.

Atremis Entreri - the epitome of the classic villian. Extremely intelligent, vile, self assured and with no remorse for his actions at all. Not to mention the only real competition to Drizzt.

Jarlaxle - Another great villian. I loved the fact that he was the only male in all of Menzoberanzan that could talk back to the matron mothers and get away with it on a regular basis. Now THAT'S power.

Thibbledorf Pwent - Just one bad ass psycho dwarf. How could you not love that?

Ox Posted - 17 Mar 2003 : 02:12:39
In no particular order:
-Danilo: His all around idiotic facade makes him funny
-Drizzt: Although i don't like how he has become nearly invincible
-Ivan and Pikel: Can Lighten up anyone's day
-Cyric: Pure evil
-Artemis: Just cool
-Laaqueel: I have not read much about her yet
-Druzil: That annoying gnat that you can never seem to smash
The_Mirt Posted - 13 Mar 2003 : 21:35:43
1) Mirt, A Harper, possibly the wealthiest person in FR. Lord of Waterdeep, owns about 1/3 of Waterdeep, Retired Mercernary Leader.

2) Jarlaxle, Most awesome Drow in FR, Carries enought magic items to get his self and a friend out of any situation, while destroying the threat. Drizzt's Brother. (Trust me)

3)Elminster, 1500 years old, CR of 39... I dont need to say anymore, but I will. Chosen of Mystra, witty humor, Held the power of a god within him self during the Time of Troubles, Was once a woman, Has made love to a god or 2, once told AO (The Overgod)to leave him alone, the god of magic looks to him for advice. Read the last chapter or two of Elminster in Hell, Matrix stuff going on there.

4)Thibledorf Pwent, Rude, Smelly, Generally awesome, Would wake up a Tarrasque to get a fight in.

5)Artemis Enteri, Cold, Calculating, Deadly, Now a new and improved Neutral Evil alignment.

6)Drizzt, When you have read all of the books he has been in, he grows on you.

7)Cyric, Awesome before he became a god, a new and improved awesome now!

8)Halister, Older than Elminster, Now a Chosen of Mystra, Was a chosen of Shar, Was Crazy (Not now), Cant wait to see him in another book.
Aust Grimshadow Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 14:25:08
wow...where to begin

1. Entreri or Drizzt (Quite cliche but Drizzts just too deep not to be #1. Impossible to decide between the two. So alike and yet so different)

2. Montolio the blind ranger of Dead Orc Pass (He is blind yet he takes down a whole party of orcs, and a hill giant, saves Drizzts life)

3. Breunor ("...Or I'm a bearded gnome!!" haha)

4. Kellendil (Doves sidekick elven ranger. He's just damn cool)

5. RODDY MCGRISTLE!!!!! BWAHAHAHHAHA heh, just kidding. Too dirty for my liking, Frets too hehe

5. Alustriel
Lord Rad Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 08:22:18
Ryld Argith and Pharaun Mizzrym are definately my favorites at the moment! They make a great team....if somewhat unsteady at times
Bookwyrm Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 06:08:18
Danilo Than, Arilyn Moonblade, and Alias. Those are my three favorites. Yes, I know Drizzt isn't on there. I like him, but he's not my favorite. As a character, he's actually too good. I know it's important for him to be such a good fighter, but I prefer characters who have more of a limitation.

Besides, Danilo's the only character in the Realms that I can remember to have made me want to put the book down and applaud.
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 04:48:47
lol. I take back my earlier statement. And I think I know what you mean. (it's kinda the same with me and elves...too many to like just one. )
Lost Elph Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 04:42:21
yes and thank you for reminding me of her
10. MAZZY!!
11. hehehe Alias
and so on and so on heheh theres just too many halflings for me to like just one
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 04:31:31
I'm surprised that you didn't put Mazzy amongst your choices. cause I know you like halflings and all...lol. I'd have thought for sure you would have mentioned her.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000