Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Chaotic Neutral Characters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowlord Posted - 03 Jan 2004 : 20:48:13
How do you play a chaotic neutral character? What is their motivation? If you have any ideas, please post them
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shadowlord Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 20:22:58
Hmm, I suppose thats true, thanx for the insight. And for the Cyric worshiper, I'm a follower of Mask, and Vhaeraun, so you'll never get me to convert to Cyric!
Brother Ezra Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 20:08:03
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

I may have to debate that. Never once in any sourcebook did I hear that CN characters hated enchantments. Do you have a source I could see with that?

Nope. No sourcebook. Just usin' the old noggin. Think about it: a philosophy that values personal freedom above all else would abhor any form of mental or physical domination.
Cyric Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 20:00:22
I would se a Cn as a person who is free from evrything to do what he wants not caring about Evil or god. Who do not care about Law and order and most mad people would be Cn and they se noe evil in saving a child then later killing a man later. But they would enjoy freedom to the extrem i think most likley putting there faith in them self and no other. And they would be hard to predict, and by the way Cn people whorship Cyric......
Cherrn Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 19:31:56
I always figured Pharaun to be CE, after all he leaves his socalled best friend behind in combat and at the academy he killed several, think it was 7, apprentices in a ritual of some sort.
Shadowlord Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 17:25:01
In fact, I am familiar with the War of the Spider Queen. Ryld is kinda a CN but I always thought of him as a true neutral, and pharaun as like a NE, or LE really
SiriusBlack Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 16:42:10
If you are at all familiar with the WOTSQ series, the character of Ryld featured within the books, is listed, and in my opinion a good example of a Chaotic Neutral character.

If you aren't familiar with the series...nevermind.
Hymn Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 15:05:31
I tend to view Chaotic neutral characters as so unpredictable that they can essentially bring on aspects of any alignment. For playing it is easiest to choose a particular alignment for the game session or points from various ones and noting it on a piece of paper.
Shadowlord Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 14:01:49
I may have to debate that. Never once in any sourcebook did I hear that CN characters hated enchantments. Do you have a source I could see with that?
Brother Ezra Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 05:57:18
I personally never bought into the idea that chaotic neutral characters had to be crazy and unpredictable. A CN understands that balance must be maintained between concern for oneself and concern for others, and will act on each of those imperatives as the situation warrants. However, the CN is the purest of individualists, believing wholeheartedly that the individual will should never be subject to the will of society as a whole. She is the ulimate "free spirit", conforming to rules only when to disobey would bring physical harm or confinement to themselves. A CN's freedom of thought and action are their most prized possessions. Inprisonment is loathsome to them. They particulary despise enchanters, since enchantment spells stifle an individual's will. They scoff at the idea of destiny or fate, believing, as John Connor says in Terminator 3: "There is no future but what we make." A paladin is equally as baffling a creature as a baatezu to as chaotic neutral character.
Shadowlord Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 01:51:16
Kinda, sortof, thanx, i guess ? If anyone else has anything, please post
The Cardinal Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 01:38:28
well that depends.... More often than not they might be a bit on the mad side (according to what a general populous tends to view as mad). In general though, I would assume that A chaotic Neutral char. would care little for rules and laws yet not be totally evil nor overtly good....what this means is that I have absolutely no idea... but it sounds good. I guess an example as Chaotic Neutral could be (bear with me as I am once again my on test subject). My Hatred of all Deities is far enough... hate them more than anything eles really... Yet I profess an odd incline to the spiderqueen... So I mention praising the spiderqueen, while also banging my Down with the Gods drum. Thus it is in effect counter productive.... (actually stagnant since neither side gains foot hold)... I hope that makes a little sense... I think it does... somewhere...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000