Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Funny little thought about Yathaghera

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darsson Spellmaker Posted - 10 May 2012 : 22:51:53
Flipping through Elves of Evermeet, the section on Yathaghera (demigoddess of pegasi and unicorns, alias of Lurue) states that:
quote:
She can also polymorph at will into the shape of a shapely, horse-headed elven female. This is the form in which she usually deals with the elves.

It amuses me to think how bizarre it must be to an elf that has dealings with her.
Picture it: you walk into her temple and wait on bended knee for her to arrive. In a flash of light, she does so, and as your eyes travel upwards, admiring her shapely elven figure clad in a beautiful diamond-studded gown, you're greeted by a white horse's head sprouting from her neck.
I'd have to clamp my lips together to keep from laughing or offering her a sugar cube!
And imagine when she speaks! Shades of Mister Ed, only this one is female and divine.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 11 May 2012 : 20:09:48
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Demogorgon is a two-headed baboon.

-That really threw me for a loop, the first time I actually sat down and saw what Demogorgon looked like (which was well after I started playing D&D and making my own preconceived notions without actually first reading said demon's description). I always imagined Demogorgon to be a super badass demonic Gorgon, not a two-headed baboon.
Markustay Posted - 11 May 2012 : 16:28:53
Demogorgon is a two-headed baboon.

And Moander looks like a giant bucket of something someone tossed out a window into the street.
Lord Karsus Posted - 11 May 2012 : 02:42:23
-Hey, if a deity randomly shoots down from the heavens (or up from the lower realms) to do business with you, is the first thing you think really going to be, "Wow, _______ looks goofy"?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000