Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Aasterinian/Hlal/Nathair Sgiathach

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fellfire Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 04:22:21
In my eternal quest through the ether for Realmslore I have come upon the link at the bottom of this page, there and in a few other places. The link brings me to the Wizards site, but the article is nowhere to be found. I know that the esteemed Mr. Costa visits here occasionally. I wonder if he or anybody else maybe has, or knows the location of Aasterinian/Hlal/Nathair Sgiathach by Tom Costa
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 07:01:17
quote:
Sage

I seem to recall both Arik/Ayrik and I had a plan in motion to compile what we'd collected together, with the intention of making a search-able archive of the REALMS-L available here for Candlekeep 2. [I hope I'm remembering this plan correctly.]
You probably do recall it correctly, Sage. It became evident to me that the project is far more tedious than I'd originally expected, it's basically gone nowhere.

There is much superfluous data, idle chatter, random noise. Yet I refuse to let even the smallest gem of Realmslore (or other lore) be filtered out ... thus sorting and organizing, collating and compiling, indexing and identifying the content has to be done most methodically. Plus the "envelope" data, thread orders, times and dates, and proper credit to the authors must be preserved for reference purposes. At my current rate of progress, working alone (in intermittent bursts), I expect I wouldn't be finished until circa 2018, if at all. Thus far the focus of my efforts has mostly been on topics of personal interest and on contributions made by authors of particular prominence.

I welcome your interest in assisting or adopting this monumental chore, Sage. A searchable, indexed, linked, wiki-like incarnation of REALMS-L would help make Candlekeep the envy of Realms scholars everywhere. I hope Ed signs the cover.

[Edit]
I should point out that data is still incoming, although with diminishing returns. There are still a tiny minority of dead links and offline servers which my crawler vigilantly ambushes at opportune moments, the collection asymptotically approaches ever nearer to unity with each passing day.
Fellfire Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 06:45:01
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm skeptical about Mault Guzzlefoam having been created by Tom Costa.

I cannot say for sure. True, the name is kind of corny. I only know I found reference to that name in Mr. Costa's Realms-L post and found the same god in the file I discovered
The Sage Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 06:40:09
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Sage, I seem to remember you mentioning a collection of past Realms-L files.
I'd have to search my archives to be sure.

I seem to recall both Arik/Ayrik and I had a plan in motion to compile what we'd collected together, with the intention of making a search-able archive of the REALMS-L available here for Candlekeep 2. [I hope I'm remembering this plan correctly.]

Anyway, I'll check my own sources. In the meantime, I recommend you also contact Tom via his email here at Candlekeep. He hasn't been active on this site since January 2011, but sending an email through our system will likely still reach his inbox, should his address remain valid.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 06:38:05
I'm skeptical about Mault Guzzlefoam having been created by Tom Costa.
Fellfire Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 05:34:30
Specifically those three files penned by the illustrious Mr. Costa, but since I've have liked everything I have read written by him I wouldn't mind his entire collection. I can only hope that he drops in personally and sees this scroll, or that others, like myself, may have them tucked away in a remote corner of their HD.

edit: Ayrik, I did discover something that may or may not be the file in question. I cannot really make heads-or-tails of this site, thus cannot provide a link, but if you google "Bahamut, defragrealms" there is a DOC entitled "Bahamut" that contains similar lore.

edit: I believe these must be a hiding place for Mr. Costa's work. Using "defragrealms doc" as a search criteria I was also able to find a file entitled "Powers -- Dwarven Gods" which includes Mault Guzzlefoam, dwarven god of alcohol, mentioned in the Realms-L thread. Sadly it does not appear as if Mr. Costa is credited for his work.

edit: They are indeed the lost files. I found another one entitled "Nebelun" which is the very same Alternate Specialty Priests file mentioned in the Realms-L. I'm happy to report that it says "Thomas M. Costa" on the byline. My google-fu is strong today.
Ayrik Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 04:53:29
That article by Tom Costas has been mentioned many times, but apparently no longer exists in any indexes or archives. I've put a little effort into searching for it, without any luck.

I possess a "complete" collection of the REALMS-L archives, albeit it's in terrible disarray.

What information are you looking for, Sir Fellfire?
Fellfire Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 04:36:49
Or for that matter this...

1. Alternate Specialty Priests
Gray Druids of Lolth, Shamans of Thard Harr, Shamans of Fenmarel Mestarine,
Shamans of Rillifane Rallathil, Specialty Priests of Solonor Theleandira,
Specialty Priests of Nebelun, Shamans of Yondalla's Children/Thousand Home
Gods, as well as Specialty Priest of Chauntea, Druid of the Earthmother,
Mystics of Chauntea, Shamans of Chauntea, Rangers of Chauntea & the
Earthmother, new Specialty Priests of Cyric following the rise of Xvim,
Crusaders of Cyric, and Anti-Paladins of Cyric.

and coincidentally this...

4. Dwarven Gods
This file contains write-ups of the two derro powers, Diinkarazan and
Diirinka
, as well as three new dwarven powers, Mault Guzzlefoam (god of
alcohol, etertainment and stoutness), Thagala (goddess of magma, volcanoes,
earthquakes, fire, and wrath), and Tyorhn Brawnmight (god of strength,
fortitude, mettle, and glory). This file is incomplete. The two derro
powers have all existing lore down, but little else, and only Thagala is
really ready for playing of the new gods.

and the aforementioned...

5. Elven Interloper Gods
This file includes Aasterinian/Hlal/Avachel/Nathair Sgiathach, Sekolah,
Skerrit, Titania/Oberon, and Trishina. This file is also incomplete. All
relevant lore is down on paper, and most are playable, but there is still
work to do.

All mentioned here at the Realms-L Archive. Sage, I seem to remember you mentioning a collection of past Realms-L files.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000